Most Effective Horror Movies

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
NKistheshiz
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Most Effective Horror Movies

Post by NKistheshiz »

LoveIt wrote:In the last few years...The Decent!

I remember watching IT in high school... that was scary.

I use to love watching Silver Bullet (not so scary) and The Lost Boys - but 80's horror flicks... classic! :-)
I love The Decent. OMG! I've seen it like ten times. The only part that makes me cringe is when that girl (I forgot her name) was hiding in the blood. That grossed me out and the way the creatures looked. But I thought it was a good movie.
Inquisitive and thoughtful,
she was the challenge he'd been waiting for;
a reminder that creativity runs deep like secrets.
NKistheshiz

Post by NKistheshiz »

LoveIt wrote:In the last few years...The Decent!

I remember watching IT in high school... that was scary.

I use to love watching Silver Bullet (not so scary) and The Lost Boys - but 80's horror flicks... classic! :-)
I love The Decent. OMG! I've seen it like ten times. The only part that makes me cringe is when that girl (I forgot her name) was hiding in the blood. That grossed me out and the way the creatures looked. But I thought it was a good movie.
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Exorcist...scariest, soundtrack ever...not to mention freaky head spinning...I was 13 when I first watched it and was too afraid to sleep in a bed for a couple nights!
heifergrl1
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
Location: Following the ever so saucy Eric Northman around...a lot...

Post by heifergrl1 »

MRK wrote:Exorcist...scariest, soundtrack ever...not to mention freaky head spinning...I was 13 when I first watched it and was too afraid to sleep in a bed for a couple nights!

That movie was sooo scary! I was freaked out for like a week! I like scary movies for some weird reason though. I'll watch one and then be scared so bad that I don't wanna sleep but then I want to watch it again! My friends and I are going to have a scary movie fest on halloween weekend and I am soo excited!! We are going to scare the crap out of one of my friends cause she thought that The Village was scary...which is sad...so we are making her watch scary movies all night with us :D .

-Elizabeth
Oh the deliciousness!
E<3B
lag28wa

Post by lag28wa »

I thought The RIng was pretty scary, had a lot of that starle-you-out-of-your-seat-so-you-spill-your-coke thing going on.

For the just plain disturbing category I choose Hostel. That was a bad movie in that I was wondering what kind of sick people actual go to watch something like that? Exponential creep factor on that one.

As for just pure unadulterated terror, a blend of getting startled and a blend of just being scared like oh-crap-what-do-we-do-now-with-a-psycho-coming- after-us!!!
For that movie I pick is the remake of the Chainsaw Massacre. I was really scared that after he killed everyone he'd be coming om the back doors of the theatre to kill all of us! And the sound of a chainsaw will never be the same :shock:
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium
RajaniArchana
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by RajaniArchana »

RECORD.

It's in Spanish, but hands down it's the scariest thing i've ever seen. It's only about 1 hr 15 minute slong, but...the new movie Quarentine is the English remake of it and...it's so scary. At one point this little girl bites her mother IN THE EYE. I was like "WTF?" My best friend and i watched it with her brothers/cousin and we kept jumping and screaming and her cousin kept kicking us at the suspensful parts so we'd jump more.

But it was so very scary. And gory. Freaking gory. I loved it.

Team Sirius: Because the greatest love is sacrifice
Team Garrett: Because true love is *electrifying*

Anzo/\Shisana--Jesse/Leslie--Harry&Ginny/\Ron&Hermione
NKistheshiz

Post by NKistheshiz »

I've heard about that.... I tried looking for it at my Blockbuster but I couldn't find it. I might order it off Netflixs.
RajaniArchana
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by RajaniArchana »

NKistheshiz wrote:I've heard about that.... I tried looking for it at my Blockbuster but I couldn't find it. I might order it off Netflixs.
It's actually not available in the U.S. My friend had to download it, though I dunno where. :?

Team Sirius: Because the greatest love is sacrifice
Team Garrett: Because true love is *electrifying*

Anzo/\Shisana--Jesse/Leslie--Harry&Ginny/\Ron&Hermione
NKistheshiz

Post by NKistheshiz »

Damn, I keep hearing about it. It's supposed to be a lot better than Quaratine.... I guess I'll just have to settle for Quaratine. Some of my friends said it was good.
Trey
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Trey »

Yeah not too crazy about scary movies, i'm kind of a wimp that way. I'll stick with my comedy..haha.

Signs did creep me out, not a huge fan of aliens anyway. The end, though, was extremely good.

Sometimes even the commercials to movies creep me out like The Strangers...that just gives me chills. Especially when the "captives" say "Why are you doing this" and the "strangers" say "Because you're home"

The one movie that has dubbed to be the scariest classic movie ever made is The Shinning. I thought it was HILARIOUS!!! "Here's Johnny!" haha....I was laughing throughout it. It is a classic, still really good and unqiue. They just don't make 'em like that anymore....now we have 5 million Saw movies... (no offense to any people who like watching dismemberment and torment)

Yes i'm a guy, yes i'm a wimp.
PROUD TWI-GUY!

Vampgrl_11 best friend!!