Hair styles, tips, advice

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
simple_love♫
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Hair styles, tips, advice

Post by simple_love♫ »

i read somewhere on the Yahoo answers thing someone said to mix honey with your shampoo to get the soft/fresh hair color look. i kinda want to try it but i'm afraid it will will make my hair gross. and did you know that when you let Criso sit in your hair for too hours then wash it out with conditioner it takes frizz out and make your hair really soft?? i was shocked that it worked. my hair wasn't greasy after i washed it out either i was surprised (i did it on a saturday -- just in case)
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノKitty.
Waffle of Doom
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie
Location: On the Mafia's Living Room Floor, Plotting the Takeover of Japan

Post by Waffle of Doom »

I need some advice on how to do my hair for Halloween. I want to have curls like the Joker does in the Dark Knight and the green (betch'a can guess what I'm going as!), problem is my hair is really dark (almost black), thick and sorta wavy, but mostly straight. I have no idea as to how to get my hair right, HELP!
FanFiction /Twilight Mafia ~Angry Little Sabina/ Team Laurent~ Co-Boss/Volturi~ Jinx
simple_love♫
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by simple_love♫ »

Waffle of Doom-- i don't suggest you dye your hair even with temporary -- it will fry it. but maybe use the colored hairspray -- it's somewhat like spray paint but safe to use in your hair. it will show up brighter. you can probably find it at a Halloween store or maybe even wal-mart . as for the curls, if you want to take the time, take small sections (about an inch worth of thickness at a time) of your hair and wrap your hair around the barrel of the curling iron from your roots rather that pulling your hair down and starting from the ends (i hope that make sense) then run your fingers through your hair with moose or scrunch with gel then if your hair needs it, use hairspray

I hope that helps!!
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノKitty.
ShootingStar
Wandering Through Town

Post by ShootingStar »

HAIR ADVICE TOTALLY NEEDED.

Okay, Having massivement dilemma about hair, and hair is SUCH an important thing to me =]

Okay, maybe not massive, but pretty big.

This is me now.....

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p60/ ... ypouty.jpg

And again..

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p60/ ... hopped.jpg

But I'm thinking about getting a fringe cut back in, like I had before...

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p60/ ... dehair.jpg

What do you think..? Yay or nay?

PLEASE HELP I'M SO CONFUSED.

xxx
"I can do this, I lied to myself feebly. No one was going to bite me." - Bella, first day of school. =]

Don't you know who you are, you're my shooting star.
E <3 B.

Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

Post by Mrs. Jasper Hale »

ShootingStar- I think your hair is totally cute right now and looks great on you! So I would say stick with it but then again, if you want a change then change it! Hair grows back!

I have a question. I love Alice Cullens hair and I do my hair similar but it is longer and has less layers. My question is I have more of a square shaped face so would her hairstyle look ok or would it look awful with my face shape?
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." -Jackson Rathbone on Jasper Hale
ImageImage
Twilight Mafia- Roxy Bengaza
vampire_elf
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by vampire_elf »

Shooting star, I think your hair looks lovely the way it is but Mrs. Jasper Hale is right, it grows back! I would probably stay with your current hairstyle!

Mrs. Jasper Hale: I'm not good giving advice about that... And I'm myself always to much of a coward to try out new hairstyles (especially after I cut the real short one time and deeply regretted that! :roll: ). Maybe you can look for a hairstyle program on the internet where you instert your picture and can see how different hairstyles suit you?

Banner by the amazing MRK!
Obsessed 20 something Twilighter
ShootingStar
Wandering Through Town

Post by ShootingStar »

Mrs. Jasper Hale wrote:ShootingStar- I think your hair is totally cute right now and looks great on you! So I would say stick with it but then again, if you want a change then change it! Hair grows back!

I have a question. I love Alice Cullens hair and I do my hair similar but it is longer and has less layers. My question is I have more of a square shaped face so would her hairstyle look ok or would it look awful with my face shape?
Thankyouu! I think I might just go for it, Hair grows back! haha.

Short hair doesn't tend to look good with a square shaped face, but does look good with layers, so maybe you could just get Alice-like layers and keep some of your length?

But I also think that ^^^^^ is a good idea, those hair internet program things do help, I know someone who used one when dyeing her hair from blonde to brown, and it really helped her.

If you think about it, anyone can make a hairstyle work if you've got the confidence to pull it off, I'd say go for it =]

Thanks you guys! xxx
"I can do this, I lied to myself feebly. No one was going to bite me." - Bella, first day of school. =]

Don't you know who you are, you're my shooting star.
E <3 B.

love_is_noise
Drag Racing With Alice and Edward

Post by love_is_noise »

Mrs. Jasper Hale wrote: I have a question. I love Alice Cullens hair and I do my hair similar but it is longer and has less layers. My question is I have more of a square shaped face so would her hairstyle look ok or would it look awful with my face shape?
i have a squareish face and alice hair (even in blondie/brown) and it looks really nice! i'm really chuffed with it and i love it, but i do warn it does make my face look wider -not fat but wider.
but i think you shouod go for it..i wasn't sure but it turned out raelly well in the end. i'll try and puit a pic up to show you
Jasper's Army:Captain RuneheartThe Plan:Supreme LeaderTeam Rose
Volturi::Anastasia Team Leah::Therapist Team Esme::Interior Designer
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

Ahhhh! I FINALLY get to get my hair done tomorrow. I'm going to die. my sweep-to-the-side bangs don't even look like bangs anymore, and my blonde highlights are getting very noticable because of how much my hair is growing out. i need my hair cut, styled, and a lighter blonde for the summer. :)

Is anyone else getting their hair done especially for the summer? If so, what are you guys doing for it? I know lots of people who go all out and get different colors and stuff because school is ending and its time to have some fun while you can. :lol:
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

Carrie, I'm going to die it get like a blue streak for fun or something. :lol:
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!