Beta Readers

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Waffle of Doom
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie
Location: On the Mafia's Living Room Floor, Plotting the Takeover of Japan

Re: Beta Readers

Post by Waffle of Doom »

Name:McKenzie (but you can call me Zie :D )

Beta Experience: Some, am currently betaing 2 stories. *edit make that 3*

Strengths: Story flow, grammar correction, and I am a fast, through reader, I usually get anything that is sent to me to be edited back to the writer within 5hours.

Weaknesses: Spelling, but I am a very anal spell-checker.

What ratings will you do?: All but M

What couples will you do? (canon, un-canon): All, except for malexmale and femalexfemale

What Fandoms will you do?: Twilight and Harry Potter

Will you do crossovers?: Not unless I know both stories

Availability: All day, everyday. I only have school 4hrs a day, so I have a lot of free time.

Do you write? (link to own fics): Yes, but I do not consider myself a writer, I just write silly oneshots mostly. Link to my ff.net account in my signature.
Last edited by Waffle of Doom on Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FanFiction /Twilight Mafia ~Angry Little Sabina/ Team Laurent~ Co-Boss/Volturi~ Jinx
Artemis Cullen
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Artemis Cullen »

Name: Artemis (Art).

Beta Experience: Some and I'm currently the Beta to one story.

Strengths: Reading, spelling, grammer, story flow.

Weaknesses: I read too fast sometimes.

What ratings will you do? : All, except MA and sometime M (If I believe it is, or should be MA).

What couples will you do? (canon, un-canon): All (Usually). Except; Male x Male, Female x Female, and I will not Beta stories with incest.

What Fandoms will you do? : Twilight, Pride and Prejudice, The Host, Blood and Chocolate, and more. (If you ask more specifically I'll tell you.)

Will you do crossovers?: Yes, as long as I have read both books.

Availability: Almost all week days and weekends, I'll tell you when and if I can or can't help you, but it will almost always will be 'Yes'.

Do you write? (link to own fics): Yes, I do write fan-fic stories. http://www.fanfiction.net/~artemisscullen

Last edited by Artemis Cullen on Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mafia Name: Medea Ariadne Artemis DeMarchi Image

^^^Link to my FanFiction.net profile...
Avi is original DigitalArt called The Oracle by 'Blackeri
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Oooh, beta-ing...

Name: Viola
Beta Experience: minimal, online. I do quite a bit at school for a friend and class.
Strengths: Uh, I'm good at spelling and grammar and making things flow right in other people's stories.
Weaknesses: I read fast, and sometimes I miss small things. And like to mess around with wording in stories.
What ratings will you do?: Nothing over hard core Teen. Sorry, I refuse to read serious smut.
What couples will you do? (canon, un-canon): Uh, basically anything, but please, NO GAYNESS. Honestly, I get enough from the PATD fandom.
What Fandoms will you do?: Anything, so long as I know the background. Its better when I've read the books.
Will you do crossovers?: Oui Oui (French for yes... :roll: )
Availability: Anytime you need me, I'm on quite a bit. Time will increase by the end of October.
Do you write? (link to own fics): None that I've posted...
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

Hi all...I'm not a beta reader but I have a question for all the beta's in this thread.
Is there anyone willing to beta-read a story that is not fanfic? It's a fictional fantasy romance I'm writing...
If there is anyone, please PM me. Thanks in advance ;)
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

I hope I'm not hopelessly stupid for asking this...
Why do I need a beta? What does the beta do?
I honestly want to know, since I just started my first fanfic (ever...) and it's kind of a scary world out here that I don't know anything about...
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
Artemis Cullen
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Artemis Cullen »

Wingtear wrote:I hope I'm not hopelessly stupid for asking this...
Why do I need a beta? What does the beta do?
I honestly want to know, since I just started my first fanfic (ever...) and it's kind of a scary world out here that I don't know anything about...
You really don't need a beta, but it helps a lot. You see a beta makes sure that the story flow is continuous, there are no grammar mistakes, misspelled words, and a bunch of other important things, plus a beta can sometimes save you the embarrassment of having your readers point out some really obvious mistakes. :geek:
Mafia Name: Medea Ariadne Artemis DeMarchi Image

^^^Link to my FanFiction.net profile...
Avi is original DigitalArt called The Oracle by 'Blackeri
pubesy
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by pubesy »

Name: Pubesy

Beta Experience: 1 year.

Strengths: grammar, story flow, ensuring the characters actually personify the original characters.

Weaknesses: I will be very blunt when i tell you what is good/needs fixing.

What ratings will you do? : All.

What couples will you do? (canon, un-canon): All (I will not Beta stories with incest).

What Fandoms will you do? : Give me a quick synopsis, and i will let you know if i will beta it or not.

Will you do crossovers?: Yes, same as above.

Availability: I'll tell you when and if I can or can't help you.

Do you write? (link to own fics): Not fanfics, but believe me, my uni course has me constantly writing!
Team Switzerland - Thanks for the sig Alysha
adultes lexiconum recipientes nuntiis singulis
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Artemis Cullen wrote:You really don't need a beta, but it helps a lot. You see a beta makes sure that the story flow is continuous, there are no grammar mistakes, misspelled words, and a bunch of other important things, plus a beta can sometimes save you the embarrassment of having your readers point out some really obvious mistakes. :geek:
Thanks!
Well, that would save me from the time I'm spending editing -everything- I write, since my spelling is worse than horrible, and I really don't se how I graduated elementary school with my grammar...
dragon-girl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dragon-girl »

Wingtear wrote: Thanks!
Well, that would save me from the time I'm spending editing -everything- I write, since my spelling is worse than horrible, and I really don't se how I graduated elementary school with my grammar...
Just make sure you aren't just using a beta reader to do work you could have done yourself. You should always use a spell check & grammar check on your work before you send it off.
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

dragon-girl wrote:Just make sure you aren't just using a beta reader to do work you could have done yourself. You should always use a spell check & grammar check on your work before you send it off.
Oh, I always do that. But English isn't my first language so I do miss stuff. Is there any online grammar check to down load? or did you just mean the ordinary manual one ;)