Alphie wrote:Many thanks to Spooncha and Echo 1 for the questions.
1. Compare and contrast the Jasper/Alice meeting and subsequent love with that of Bella and Edward? Is one destiny and the other choice?
2. Do you think it’s odd that Jasper has a tone of reverence in his voice when he speaks of the Volturi?
3. Do you feel that sometimes people in a powerful position have to make hard and ruthless decisions for the “greater” good?
4. Discuss Carlisle’s loyalty to the Denali clan, versus his loyalty to the wolves.
1. Jasper/Alice meet in a diner - Bella & Edward see each other in a cafeteria. I think both are choice and destiny and find it ironic that both couples 'meet' in eating establishments.
2. No. During that time, the Volturi were very necessary to keep the peace and vampires respected the need for authoity and law. If it wasn't for them the carnage would have been horrific. Jasper recognized their powerful position in the vampire world.
3. Yes. But that power is unfortunately abused especially if said power makes one 'drunk' and clouds there judgement - more power you have the more you want. Greed.
4. His loyalty to the Denali's is family and friendship based. Trust and friendship along with the mutual desire to revere human life tie these two families together and allowed their relationship to be one of true commraderie. The wolves were a treaty based relationship, if you will, and ironically was also built on trust and isn't unique that at the end of all of this the Cullens, Denali's(exception - Irina) and the wolves were allies and friends.