Pushing Daisies the TV Show

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pirate_chic
Settled in Forks

Re: Pushing Daisies the TV Show

Post by pirate_chic »

I love this show!
I meant to watch it when the first season was on, but I never got around to it. But when the second season started I really wanted to watch it, so I went and bought the first season and I intend to catch up : P
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

pirate_chic wrote:I love this show!
I meant to watch it when the first season was on, but I never got around to it. But when the second season started I really wanted to watch it, so I went and bought the first season and I intend to catch up : P
I think there are only 9 episodes, so it shouldn't take you that long lol
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
chach
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by chach »

omg its getting scary this season the 1 about the nuns was soo creepy
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

I love this show!! I've seen it from the beginning last season. It piqued my interest because it was different... lots of green screen action and CG stuff. I just watched the last 2 episodes after lunch. My hubby thinks it's silly, but it's an indulgence of mine.

And Lee Pace is just tooooo cute!
NolitaFairytale
Wandering Through Town

Post by NolitaFairytale »

samajama wrote:
NolitaFairytale wrote:And I love Lee Pace :D . Did anyone see him in The Fall? He was quite excellent in it.
No, I haven't. What's it about?
It's kinda complicated. Anyway, The Fall takes place sometime in the 1920s. It is about an imigrant girl who breaks her collarbone after falling out of a tree, and is admitted into a Los Angeles hospital for treatment. One day, while wondering the hospital, she comes across Roy (Lee Pace), a movie stunt double who was forced to retire after an injury that paralyzed him from the waist down. Anyway, Roy has been battling depression, mainly due to the fact that the woman who he was madly in love with ran off with the leading man of Roy's last movie. Because of this, Roy has decided to commit suicide by way of overdosing on pills from the hospital. Upon meeting the girl, Roy sees her as a way to get the pills, and tricks her to get them for him, by telling her a fantastic story, princesses, warriors, villians, the whole bit. The story mirrors the frustrations Roy has with his life. The story starts out light and happy, with the familiar faces of the hospital as the characters. However, the story eventually takes a darker turn, at which point the girl realizes that this story is a matter of life and death for Roy.

Anyway, aside from having a unique and fantastic plot, this movie is probably the most visually stunning movie I have ever seen. The director, Tarsem, spent the good part of ten years getting these shots perfect. What's more, all the scenes are shot on location, with absolutely no CGI, which gets hard to believe during some of the scenes. Anyway, if you are looking for examples of great acting, fantastic cinematography, and a unique story line, go see The Fall.

Still need proof? Here's the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1YwOybwTrc

Proud member of the I <3 Gustavo and his Flowing Portuguese Association.
samajama

Post by samajama »

Was the show new on Wednesday? because I missed it :cry:
DazzleMe4ever
Settled in Forks
Location: On the back of Edward Cullen, running through the wilderness.

Post by DazzleMe4ever »

This show takes my mind off of twilight so I don't cry and the actor who plays Ned is pretty hot!
-www.DazzleMeEdward.piczo.com
"Isabella Swan?" He looked up at me through his impossibly long lashes,his golden eyes soft but, somehow, still scorching. "I promise to love you forever, every single day of forever. Will you marry me?"
*+Edward+*
DazzleMe4ever
Settled in Forks
Location: On the back of Edward Cullen, running through the wilderness.

Post by DazzleMe4ever »

chach wrote:omg its getting scary this season the 1 about the nuns was soo creepy
definitely creepy
"Isabella Swan?" He looked up at me through his impossibly long lashes,his golden eyes soft but, somehow, still scorching. "I promise to love you forever, every single day of forever. Will you marry me?"
*+Edward+*
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

samajama wrote:Was the show new on Wednesday? because I missed it :cry:

Yes, Samajama, it was new. It was pretty good, too. The last scene will make your mouth drop wide open!!!
samajama

Post by samajama »

BlueStarlight wrote:
samajama wrote:Was the show new on Wednesday? because I missed it :cry:

Yes, Samajama, it was new. It was pretty good, too. The last scene will make your mouth drop wide open!!!
Darn! I'll have to see if I can find it online. Thanks BlueStarlight.