Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
BreathelessVampire
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Esme Cullen

Post by BreathelessVampire »

I imagine Esme as a motherly figure, with the motherly things . If she had a special gift, it would be even cooler. Like able to make people like her instantly.
Team Edward. Team Jasper. Team Alice. Team Emmett
Because they are just plain sexy.

Trainee at Emmett's Demolition Crew

Member of Donating Blood To Jasper&Co.
BuffytheVampireLover
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Miami during the school year, Boston for the in betweens

Post by BuffytheVampireLover »

I think that, even though you don't get to see as much of her in the books as she probably deserves, there are all these little moments that remind you of who she is and her place within the family. Stuff like in NM, when Edward comes back and she simply looks and him and goes "You will never do that to me again." She is absolutely the matriarch, I don't think even Emmett would go against her. I also really loved in the outtake "Emmett and the Bear", how much of just a normal mom she can be. Edward shoves Emmett off the couch, and Emmett threatens him and you just hear Esme from upstairs go "BOYS!"
*Jenny*

"Why don't you try to dig a little deeper and find a bigger set of balls, because you're going to need them."

Hey Jacob, 'I told you so' has a twin brother; his name is 'shut the hell up'.

Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jane V »

i love Esme. she is such a sweet, motherly person it is impossible not to like her.

i sometimes wish she could've been more in the books; since she's just kindof a backround character at times. i know she's part of the Cullens and all that, but i wish she could be there a little more.

i think it's nice that she doesn't like fighting. her and Carlisle are perfect for each other. you can just tell how gentle they both are from their relationship.
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you
inlovewithmyJasper54
Learning to Love Green
Location: Florida - waiting for a Vampire to shine in the sunlight

Post by inlovewithmyJasper54 »

Esme is so kind all the time and she's so caring. She completes the Cullen family perfectly =)
ImageImage
both made by... me! =) <3
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

I also have a hard time picturing Esme hunting. When she covered her nose and walked out in New Moon after Bella cut herself, that image was so shocking to me. I just didn't expect it from her although I understand that she feels the thirst as well. But then she was right back in the room, cleaning up the blood, after a little while.

I can see her fighting though. Like any mother, I think she would do anything to protect her family so when they are threatened, I can picture the vampire in her coming out. She probably isn't very good at it because it's not something she practices but she'd do it in a heartbeat.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

BuffytheVampireLover wrote:I think that, even though you don't get to see as much of her in the books as she probably deserves, there are all these little moments that remind you of who she is and her place within the family. Stuff like in NM, when Edward comes back and she simply looks and him and goes "You will never do that to me again." She is absolutely the matriarch, I don't think even Emmett would go against her. I also really loved in the outtake "Emmett and the Bear", how much of just a normal mom she can be. Edward shoves Emmett off the couch, and Emmett threatens him and you just hear Esme from upstairs go "BOYS!"
Yes! That's exactly what I was thinking! I just love those moments where you see her as the matriarch.

Esme is one of those characters where I just keep thinking to myself "I wish I could be more like that." She is really awesome and caring. I totally agree with the people who say that their deserves to be more of Esme in the Twilight Saga. :D And she has also been through a whole lot: being abused by her husband in her human life, losing a baby, trying to kill herself, etc. She must be happy that she has found Carlisle and this fantastic (vampire) family.

Love,
*Wanderer*
Last edited by *Wanderer* on Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moonlit Sunlight
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Moonlit Sunlight »

Destani wrote:I also have a hard time picturing Esme hunting. When she covered her nose and walked out in New Moon after Bella cut herself, that image was so shocking to me. I just didn't expect it from her although I understand that she feels the thirst as well. But then she was right back in the room, cleaning up the blood, after a little while.

I can see her fighting though. Like any mother, I think she would do anything to protect her family so when they are threatened, I can picture the vampire in her coming out. She probably isn't very good at it because it's not something she practices but she'd do it in a heartbeat.
I agree i mean i can understand that she has urges to drink blood to but i can also see her being there like my mom...if somebody is stupid enough to mess with her family she's there in a heartbeat trying to do eveything that she can for them...i really love her...i can see the love that she extends to her family and she really thinks of all the people as her children and she really does love Carlisle you can totally tell from what stephenie gives us to work with...i just love her....
What a lucky duck! Wish he'd give me a hickey!
"LIfe sucks, and then you die." Jacob Black
Sponser of DBJ & Co. Donating Blood To Jasper & Co.
LinkinParkMcCullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by LinkinParkMcCullen »

Esme keeps the peace. Without her there would probably be mass pandemonium and lots of fighting, especially between Emmett and Edward. It is a shame we don't see more of her. And it is hard to imagine such a sweet person like her hunting.
ImageImage
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

i LOVE esme. she just calms me whenever she's in a scene.

i like that she was on bella's side during her pregnancy, because it's such a contrast to rose. esme's motivations were pure and clean and simple and good - just like esme.

i love jacob's reaction to her in BD! it's so funny!

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

BuffytheVampireLover wrote:I think that, even though you don't get to see as much of her in the books as she probably deserves, there are all these little moments that remind you of who she is and her place within the family. Stuff like in NM, when Edward comes back and she simply looks and him and goes "You will never do that to me again." She is absolutely the matriarch, I don't think even Emmett would go against her. I also really loved in the outtake "Emmett and the Bear", how much of just a normal mom she can be. Edward shoves Emmett off the couch, and Emmett threatens him and you just hear Esme from upstairs go "BOYS!"
No doubt! She is such a gentle creature - I love her. I loved how she embraced Bella from the beginning and she deeply loved her family.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict