Jane

Character Discussion Forum

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules

Re: Jane

Postby Amivera » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:57 pm

SMeyer said she got that power because she was changed halfway through being burned at the stake for being a witch... something of that sort.

It didn't make much sense to me, because SMeyer said the power comes from a quality you had in your human life that is emphasized as a vampire. A 'gift'. :roll:
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
User avatar
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:37 pm

Re: Jane

Postby Alcyone » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:14 pm

Actually, she was an uncomfortable child to be around while human. However, being burned at the staked warped her ability to what it is now. Any more information than that has not been revealed.
Image
Set by *cullens & converse | AB Type
User avatar
Alcyone
Has More Hidden Talents Than Aro
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:25 pm
Location: Playing foosball with Aro

Re: Jane

Postby #1twi-guy » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:49 pm

From the first minute I read the volturi scene in New Moon, I of course like everyone else, pictured Jane as Dakota Fanning. But then when she came back in Breaking Dawn, I kind of started picturing her as that little girl from Silent Hill. I think her name is Jodelle Ferland. Do you agree?
Image

The original twi-guy.
While people obsess over Edward, I have a thing for Alice. Hehe
User avatar
#1twi-guy
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:25 pm

Re: Jane

Postby Nathlie_Cullen15 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:34 pm

Jane...
She actually sounds pretty kool. Cept for the part of her power... But that's interesting. S'pecially her twin, Alec. They're like both unique and AWESOME!!! But to think of her power.. How would it feel if she used it on YOU? Then her brother's power.. Well his sounds better than Jane's to be used on YOU. lol.
Then Jane also sounds (more like described) mean. Well, not really. More like a follower that follows really well. Then there's the fact that she has something with Aro... -puzzled face-
But if they do make a movie how's she going to look like? They (really book or Stephenie whichever you prefer) said that she's small and has childlike features. I wonder if they'll pick a little girl.... But we'll have to wait and find out.

Won't we?? ;)
I have my own vampire boyfriend, tooz!!! ;)
Nathlie_Cullen15
Settled in Forks
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:05 pm
Location: at Barns & Noble or Borders xD

Re: Jane

Postby edward4ever » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:17 pm

#1twi-guy wrote:From the first minute I read the volturi scene in New Moon, I of course like everyone else, pictured Jane as Dakota Fanning. But then when she came back in Breaking Dawn, I kind of started picturing her as that little girl from Silent Hill. I think her name is Jodelle Ferland. Do you agree?


Yeah, she would be a good pic too!
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
User avatar
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
 
Posts: 529
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:41 pm

Re: Jane

Postby NaHueLs_GirL » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:32 pm

bite-me wrote:OoOo I like Jane. I think if New Moon were a movie...she'd be so much fun to play.

When I read the volturi scenes in NM I get this vibe. I personally think she's in love with Aro.
And I think Aro has some form of love for her. But I guess somthing is stopping him
(my opinion)

I'd love to see who they cast as Jane from the NM movie.



OMG exactly my thoughts.
I think that she is in Love with Aro. Since he rescued her and Alec. But maybe we're mistaken and all she feels for him is daughter-father love. Maybe she has very strong feelings for him because he's like her daddy to her. I wonder if she also has kind of a strong bond to Aros wife (which one of them is it? Sulpicia?).
If we knew if she has a close relationship with Sulpicia too, we'd know a lot more.
Because if she had, it'd be clear that it was just father-daughter love. If she didn't like Sulpicia that much... that would mean...



And oh yes. I also wanna know who's gonna play Jane. I hope it's Jodelle Ferland.
Image
NaHueLs_GirL
Settled in Forks
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:17 am

Re: Jane

Postby Jane V » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:44 pm

NaHueLs_GirL wrote:
bite-me wrote:OoOo I like Jane. I think if New Moon were a movie...she'd be so much fun to play.

When I read the volturi scenes in NM I get this vibe. I personally think she's in love with Aro.
And I think Aro has some form of love for her. But I guess somthing is stopping him
(my opinion)

I'd love to see who they cast as Jane from the NM movie.



OMG exactly my thoughts.
I think that she is in Love with Aro. Since he rescued her and Alec. But maybe we're mistaken and all she feels for him is daughter-father love. Maybe she has very strong feelings for him because he's like her daddy to her. I wonder if she also has kind of a strong bond to Aros wife (which one of them is it? Sulpicia?).
If we knew if she has a close relationship with Sulpicia too, we'd know a lot more.
Because if she had, it'd be clear that it was just father-daughter love. If she didn't like Sulpicia that much... that would mean...



And oh yes. I also wanna know who's gonna play Jane. I hope it's Jodelle Ferland.


i hope they cast Jodelle Furland too! She'd make a great Jane, even though i pictured Jane as just a 12/13 year old girl with maybe chin-length-ish [they said cut short] pale brown hair...not really anybody in particular.

but i disagree with the fact that Jane and Aro have a romantic relationship. remember in BD how Bella mentions that because of Chelsea, the Volturi guard serves their masters with almost a "lover-like devotion"? the entire guard is like that with Aro, Caius, and Marcus. It's not JUST Jane.
the kiss in NM creeped me out at first too, but now i agree with what other people said, that kissing as a greeting is just part of the culture.
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you
Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:56 pm
Location: my world

Re: Jane

Postby slayerchick303 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:38 pm

Amivera wrote:SMeyer said she got that power because she was changed halfway through being burned at the stake for being a witch... something of that sort.

It didn't make much sense to me, because SMeyer said the power comes from a quality you had in your human life that is emphasized as a vampire. A 'gift'. :roll:


I didn't know that Stephenie Meyer said that about how Jane got her power. Jane scares the crap out of me, but upon hearing that, I kind of understand why Jane would act like she does... not that I condone it, but I understand a little more.

You are absolutely right. That doesn't seem to coordinate with Stephenie Meyer saying that gifted vampires get their abilities from exacerbated traits they had in their human life. However, I can see how a traumatic experience like being burned at the stake would alter one fundamentally at the emotional level, thereby creating that extrasensory ability. It's just an opinion though.
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B
User avatar
slayerchick303
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:45 am
Location: Kissing Edward in a meadow

Re: Jane

Postby slayerchick303 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:52 pm

NaHueLs_GirL wrote:
bite-me wrote:OoOo I like Jane. I think if New Moon were a movie...she'd be so much fun to play.

When I read the volturi scenes in NM I get this vibe. I personally think she's in love with Aro.
And I think Aro has some form of love for her. But I guess somthing is stopping him
(my opinion)

I'd love to see who they cast as Jane from the NM movie.


OMG exactly my thoughts.
I think that she is in Love with Aro. Since he rescued her and Alec. But maybe we're mistaken and all she feels for him is daughter-father love. Maybe she has very strong feelings for him because he's like her daddy to her. I wonder if she also has kind of a strong bond to Aros wife (which one of them is it? Sulpicia?).
If we knew if she has a close relationship with Sulpicia too, we'd know a lot more.
Because if she had, it'd be clear that it was just father-daughter love. If she didn't like Sulpicia that much... that would mean...

And oh yes. I also wanna know who's gonna play Jane. I hope it's Jodelle Ferland.


I completely think she's in love with Aro. I feel like it is more of an infatuation/admiration love though. I don't really think her love for Aro would be like Edward's love for Bella. I can see why she wouldn't like Aro's wife whether she loved Aro like a father or like a lover. Anyone who took Aro's attention away from her would surely incur her wrath.

I don't know who would play Jane. There is not even any talk about making New Moon into a movie yet. They have to see how well the Twilight movie does before they decide to make New Moon into a movie. If the film does really poorly, they won't make any more movies probably. Take the Eragon movie for example... the movie did horribly, so they didn't make a second movie.
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B
User avatar
slayerchick303
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:45 am
Location: Kissing Edward in a meadow

Re: Jane

Postby DumBumm » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:04 am

I think that Jane's love for Aro is a fatherly love, and i would probably think that Aro's love for Jane is a daughterly love, but though, i think that Aro would also love her not only as a daughter, but also as a personal gift, one of his jewels, protection.
Aro saved Jane, and has been there for her, every step of the way, so i think that Jane wouldn't love Aro more than a father. Also Aro's wife would had already been in the picture before he had saved Jane and Alec, so who knows, Jane might even think of Sulpicia like a mother.
Image
User avatar
DumBumm
Teaching Eric Social Graces
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:19 am
Location: Over The Rainbow

PreviousNext

Return to Sparkling in the Sun

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests