General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
rapidheartbeat<3twi
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: The Volturi Coven and Guard

Post by rapidheartbeat<3twi »

Ya, I always figured that Heidi picked people who were kind of nobodys. People from places where others might realize that they have gone missing, or might not. Lonely people who don't really have lives. I mean, I'm sure not all of the "imported foods" are total losers, but people go missing all the time. I'm positive that they would make sure the disappearences couldn't be traced back to Volterra
"If you're going to have a lapse in control, I can think of a better place for it."-Bella-Eclipse
DumBumm
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by DumBumm »

I think they mostly get all there food from different country's far away. I was looking at New Moon the other day and i read, something that bella said about them being Americans. Here's the Quote from the book.
"A large crowd was coming through the little door,
filling the smaller stone chamber.
Demetri motioned for us to make room.
We pressed back against the cold wall to let them pass.
The couple in front, Americans from the sound of them glanced around themselves with appraising"
moon.cherry.twilite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by moon.cherry.twilite »

It seems very strange, this eating arrangement of the Volturi's. Now, their goal is to remain undiscovered by humans. But wouldn't people realize that all the tourists going to Volterra NEVER return? Hmmm....

And Anonio Banderas as Aro? Huh. Maybe I'd get my mom to watch this movie then.
OMDE= Oh My Dazzling Edward
OMHJ= Oh My Hot Jacob
GO HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4364852/1/Y ... h_Twilight

lily~ilys~edward
Settled in Forks

Post by lily~ilys~edward »

First of all... Antonio should not play Aro!! Not at all. I really like Antonio and I like Aro in some weird way but I did not picture him like that.
Anyway, I think that Heidi can't really know if their nobodies unless she looked them up. I think she just found a group of tourists somewhere that was easy to convince to come and took them. She wouldn't care who it was. No one would suspect the truth in a million years. Of course i can't forget that one lady tourist with the rosary. She was so scared and she was starting to suspect something. Stephenie did a really good jb putting her in that scene.
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

moon.cherry.twilite wrote:It seems very strange, this eating arrangement of the Volturi's. Now, their goal is to remain undiscovered by humans. But wouldn't people realize that all the tourists going to Volterra NEVER return? Hmmm....

And Anonio Banderas as Aro? Huh. Maybe I'd get my mom to watch this movie then.
My guess is that the volturi intercept them when they're all somewhere else, so no-one knows that they were in Volterra.
hmmmm, it would be cool to find out that they had some vamp who could stuff up phone signals so the tourists couldn't tell anyone where they were going?

Antonio Banderas could NEVER be Aro. Never. :lol:
* * Sapere Aude * * Jasper is my Edward : D
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by edward4ever »

Gitta wrote:I actually don't see that the Volturi can do so much except for eating humans and control other vampires what are they doing in their sparetime and since they don't seem to hve any intimate realationship do they just sit in Volterra and waiting for something big to happen?

BTW don't you think that Johnny Depp would fit perfectly as Aro :D
Yes!! Jonny Depp as Aro! Perfect!! And I picture Dakota Fanning as Jane.
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
EdwardNJessi
Learning to Love Green

Post by EdwardNJessi »

waiting tobe dazzled wrote:
EdwardNJessi wrote:You know...as I was reading about the Volturi, I started to make a lot of comparisons with the Italian coven in "Interview with a Vampire." You know...the one that Antonio Banderas' character is in? Anyway, just like the Volturi, that coven bring in "food" by acting as a tourist destination. i.e. "Come see this play! Or come see ancient Italy!" At least that is how I interpreted the whole thing in the book.
I have never made that comparrison but now that you have mentioned it I don't know how I missed it. And both of the Covens are quite creepy, although I have to say I like Antonio Banderas a bit more than Aro.
EdwardNJessi wrote:
Someone brought up a good point earlier...about why there weren't more suspicions about missing tourists. That's a really good questions. I mean, someone would have had to make the connection that tourists keep disappearing in the same area of Italy....
Edward says that Volterra is probaly the safest place for people (from vampires) because hunting is forbidden in the city. So they have to "import all of their food" and the Volturi are smart enough not to get people from the same place in Eurpe over and over again. My guess is that maybe they send ot Heidi to intercept a tourist group somewhere in Italy (or further) and then she suprises them with a trip to the beautful city of Volterra.

Ahh!! Well, that makes sense. :) Thanks for the clarification!
waiting tobe dazzled
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by waiting tobe dazzled »

I never imagined Antonio Banderas or Johnny Depp as Aro.
I most definatly believe that Johnny Depp could get the character down, a perfect mix of creepy, intelligent and synical behavior.
I'm not so sure about Antonio...maybe I'll watch Interview with a Vampire and study his character more :D
I think Dakota could pull of Jane beautifully. She is an amazing little actress.
Field Supervisor of EDC, Inc.
Team Edward-Knight in Shining Volvo
Team Rosalie-Every Rose has it's thorn
Cotton Candy Revolutionists~Jell-O Wars of 09’
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by edward4ever »

We already know Antonio can pull it off----HE'S ALREADY DONE IT! I think there would be too many comparison's to "Interview..." if Antonio played Aro or any other Vulturi vamp. Now maybe Stefen or Vladamir????

While we're dreaming....If production costs for Twilight were not an issue, I would have picked BRAD PITT to play Carlisle and CHARLIZE THERON to play Esme. Yes, they are a bit older than the characters but I think they could easily pull it off---and they are sooooo beautiful.
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
moon.cherry.twilite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by moon.cherry.twilite »

Johnny Depp would probably make a good Aro simply because he's a good enough actor to make anything possible. and Aro is definitely one of those twisted characters he could play.

Jasmine Anthony might make a good Jane. I don't like Dakota Fanning...she's too...blonde.
OMDE= Oh My Dazzling Edward
OMHJ= Oh My Hot Jacob
GO HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4364852/1/Y ... h_Twilight