Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Jacob Black

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

This is the place to discuss all the things you've wondered about Jacob as an individual.

Please remember the Discussion Guidelines. Posts will be edited or deleted as needed at the moderators' discretion without warning.
Banner by urcoolcarrie
break4jake
Wandering Through Town

Re: Jacob Black

Post by break4jake »

wow. am I really the first to reply to jake's forum thing? wow.

I think we are allowed to talk about breaking dawn now, so I'm gonna say some stuff about bd jake.

If I'm not allowed to, SORRY!

1. NOOO!!!!!!! Jacob imprinted!!!! :( well he's happy now. that's all that matters, right? I'm surprised that he imprinted on Renesmee. Doesn't she smell half bad to him? Like half like a vampire, and then half normal? Or since he imprinted on her, he doesn't care about that.

And this kinda brings me to the fact that they talked a little bit more about imprinting and why it happens in the book, which I never really thought about. I just thought it was just a part of the twilight werewolves life. (well techinically they're shape shifters, but still). But I think that it has something to do with chormosomes or something with blood and DNA and stuff like that. Since Renesmee had 24 chormosomes, and so did Jake......

2. Seperate packs. WOW. Even in my wildest dreams did I ever think that there would be TWO packs. But it makes sense. And Jake did it for a good reason.

3. Jake has proved, that it doesn't matter that he's fictional, it doesn't matter that he's imprinted, he has, and always will, have my twilight devoted heart.
You. Got. Food. In. My. Hair. - Rosalie Hale
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Post by Pel »

break4jake wrote: Doesn't she smell half bad to him? Like half like a vampire, and then half normal? Or since he imprinted on her, he doesn't care about that.
You know I wonder about that too. I think the vampires smell just overly sweet to the werewolves, so i wonder if she smells just like she's wearing a normal perfume?
break4jake
Wandering Through Town

Post by break4jake »

Pel wrote: You know I wonder about that too. I think the vampires smell just overly sweet to the werewolves, so i wonder if she smells just like she's wearing a normal perfume?
Maybe.....but I thought that it was overly sweet and icy, and that the overly sweet digusts you, and the icy burns your nose. That was my interpertation of it. But you're definition makes the most sense than any of my crazy ideas :D

Maybe since she has human blood running through her viens, that sorta over powers the iciness of the vampire smell?
You. Got. Food. In. My. Hair. - Rosalie Hale
yousquashedit
Settled in Forks

Post by yousquashedit »

Heloo everyone!
Ah, the wonderfulness that is, His Royal Tallness, Jacob Black.
He's so... FUNNY!! His section of Breaking Dawn is basically my favorite part of the book. He's Hilarious! And his chapter titles? Bella's are all one word... Jake's are thoughts. I knew from Jake's preface (it took me 20 minutes to stop laughing and compose myself) that it would be my favorite part.
And about the whole imprinting thing... these were my thoughts...
Jake loved Bella but the reason he couldn't imprint on her is she wasn't QUITE what he was looking for. She was a part of what would get him there. Like Sam and Leah and the fact that Emily is Leah's cousin... Close but no cigar... that was my take...
Final thought:
I had to compose myself many times throughout Jake's section. But not one so much as when he goes back to the house and sees Bella all bundled up in a blanket on the couch. What was so funny to me that made me laugh for a good half hour? The term "Bundled up like a Burrito". I've never heard that term before and thus it sent me into alot of guffawing... I had the painful laughing cramps afterward but I couldn't help it. You'd be laughing too if you had the following picture in your head:
Jake in a sombrero, shaking maracas, doing a little mexican hat dance chanting "Bella Burrito! Bella Burrito!"
See...
You're laughing too now, aren't you? :lol:
but yes.. that's my two cents.
ImageImageImage
Team Edward: OOH! Something Shiny! Team Seth: Bringin Seth-xy back!
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

Jake's "book" was definitely fantastic. i was very concerned at the thought of it being written partially from jake's point of view, since i was worried that that would mean he wasn't present. however, it turned out to be the book's saving grace, to a point, for me. i also think it was fantastic that it came during such a perfect time to veer a bit away from bella. because i honestly would have stopped reading if i had to read her version of that, it made me so angry. plus the comic relief was great.

the chapter titles were awesome too! my favorite was "life sucks, and then you die" and then the whole thing is just "if only i were that lucky." and the blonde jokes somewhat abated my anger at rosalie, since it killed my frustration that no one had ripped her throat out yet.

as for the smell, i think she smelled different than edward and i suppose bella do. because she was half human. not icy. her skin is warm, right? so she doesn't have the whole ice thing going on, i'm assuming. and i bet the sweetness is sort of muted if that makes sense.

as for jake and bella's love, i have something to say about that.

it really makes me angry that some people are totally discrediting jake/bella due to nessie. it is my firm belief that jake and bella fell in love because he is jacob and she is bella, and in a natural world, they would be together. i do not think that jake was drawn to bella because she would have nessie, i find that to be poppycock. i think that jake imprinted on nessie because he loved bella so much, but couldn't have her. he couldn't imprint on her because she was with edward, and a force stronger than imprinting had already gotten to her. so he imprinted on the next best thing - her daughter.

i wish i had an answer from SM about this. Pel, if you are reading this, and you know anything, PLEASE let me know! :D
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

I didn't like jacob at all, not till the third book of Breaking Dawn. i think i finally understand what my problem is with him. i mean, i don't nessarily hate his personality, infact i love him for his personailty. But what really bothers me is the way he goes about things, and although i understand. My biggest concern comes to the fact that in the end it's intwined with Edward. I mean, as ridicilous as this may sound or whichever. I can pretty much hate anything that in any way causes pain in any sort of form towards Edward, which is why i found myself hating bella in eclipse and jacob also.
So, Jacob and Edward came to a great understanding in Breaking Dawn, the whole sudden alliance between them is when i finally began to like jacob. i mean i am not in love with him, but i REALLY like him (but in my eyes, quil and embry pwn when it comes to my fav werewolves)
One thing that annoyed the hell out of me, is the lines "bada bing' ---> i think that's what it was, and the other one which i don't remember. that was just sooooooo [insert word here]

Jacob always remained jacob to me in breaking dawn, he didn't change. there wasn't like a big character development. i mean, he was jacob from beginning to the end. i think what made the biggest difference is that he isn''t inlove with bella anymore. he has a good relationship with Edward and Bella. i loved jacob in the third book. I loved that for once, his biggest concern was somthing outside of Bella (not that it bothered me before). I LOVE and insanely enjoyed when he was telling Bella about 'when he phased infront of charlie' - i mean, jacob made me laugh from the beginning to the end. i like his book, i liked to get into his thoughts and the wolves and that we got to explore that other side of him. His growing relationship with leah which i thought would have ended into something more romantic but he imprinted. I loved that part when he explained the whole pull and everything and how renesme is what held him. There were however parts that just annoyed me, but i can say i liked him in this book more than i disliked him
iBite
Settled in Forks

Post by iBite »

I love Jacob he's such an awesome character. I fell in love with him in New moon and in every book he's managed to get better and better.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

i agree, malaz, that jacob managed to retain his character. i think he's done that through all the books though. i mean, yeah, in eclipse he was bitter, as he was in parts of new moon, but it all seemed to me how someone with jacob's personality would handle these things, so it still seemed to be him, if that makes sense?

but in a book where so many characters seemed to flatten out, i was so relieved that jake kept his sparkle. i was disappointed that he sort of disappeared after book two, but when he did pop in, he was still jacob.

and iBite, i totally agree. clever name, by the way!

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
bite-me
Wandering Through Town

Post by bite-me »

Jacob was okay in Twilight. I liked him
But by the end of New Moon..... I disliked him
Then in Eclipse....honestly...I actually wanted Edward to rip him appart.

The a few months back I reviewed his character. Deep down he was just trying to do what Edward was doing. KEEPING HER ALIVE AND HUMAN! It was just the way Jacob was doing it that I really hated. So at that point I was slowly becoming TEAM SWITZERLAND...but deep down... I wanted Bella with Edward.

The reading Jacob's POV in BD.....I started getting back more of the like I had for him in Twilight.

He is a good natured and very funny character. I'm so glad he got him HAPPLILY EVER AFTER in the end.
I think I'd have been pretty upset for him if he didn't.