Languages

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Lizzie
Wandering Through Town

Re: Languages

Post by Lizzie »

I speak English and German fluently and I'm fairly good at French. Then I've got some basic knowledge of Spanish and Latin and soon I'll start learning Irish Gaelic (although it seems to be extremely difficult...).
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Lioness Rampant »

my name is Irish Gaelic! cool!
yeah, I live in Texas, so we really need to know Spanish. I'm taking my 7th year of spanish, and my last one until college.
and I speak English. WHEEE!
ColormeBSG
little-freak
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by little-freak »

Lizzie wrote:I speak English and German fluently and I'm fairly good at French. Then I've got some basic knowledge of Spanish and Latin and soon I'll start learning Irish Gaelic (although it seems to be extremely difficult...).
we had a chapter about ireland in our english book this year and a few words in some texts were gaelic. they looked really difficult. somehow that was very funny (and emberassing for the one who was reading...) because neither our teacher nor the class knew how to pronounce them :D
Alice's Party Planning Committee: V.I.P.-Guest
Team Alice- Because sometimes it is better to be small.

Image Image
twilight_obsessor013
Learning to Love Green
Location: With my Twilight Pinay's =D XD Mahal Kita Ate Camille!

Post by twilight_obsessor013 »

xoxocamille wrote:
twilight_obsessor013 wrote:Tagalog- Philippine language. I'm starting to get KINDA fluent

So, any filipinos out there? Then answer this..

ano na po?
Cheysss!
I didn't know you speak Tagalog!
I speak it fluently, duh!

Hmmm.

Anong ibig mong sabihin? :mrgreen:
LOL
0_0....CRAP! I'm not that fluent in reading though.....

But I can sing a song! XD XD XD
My next project fro Tagalog singing is...well...*looks around* The Philippine National Anthem. My nationality is Filipino, so that's why I'm learning. Are you Camille? *curious*
ImageImage
Mahal Kita <3 Ate Camille!
EDWARD CULLEN DESERVES HIS OWN STORY!!!
jasperlovesme
Learning to Love Green

Post by jasperlovesme »

well, I'm from the Philippines so I speak Filipino naturally. my step dad is American and besides the fact that our 2nd language is English, I'm used to speaking in English. I also know a bit of French and Spanish though :)
ROOM OF REQUIREMENT join the Harry Potter fandom! come and be SLYTHERINS!
edited by jasperlovesme
twilight_obsessor013
Learning to Love Green

jasperlovesme wrote:well, I'm from the Philippines so I speak Filipino naturally. my step dad is American and besides the fact that our 2nd language is English, I'm used to speaking in English. I also know a bit of French and Spanish though :)

Yeah, see the problem is with me is that I was born in the States to my parents who were born in the Philippines, so many times when we went to parties, I wouldn't understand a thing. But now that I'm older, I can catch some things, which is really good! Though, at the parties there were always these things:

Chicken
Pansit ^_^
RICE! and Kanin and Maluto...if you catch my drift ^_~
Adobo
Lumpia (Eggrolls)

And yeah, lots of soda and more food. Typical Filipino party I guess.

Though, the one thing that I recieved from my other Pinoy family in New York was that...even though you don't understand what the joke is, when ever they start laughing like crazy, start laughing with them--even though you don't understand. And that concept I do no matter WHERE I am. ^_^

And at least when you go to the Philippines, there are people who can understand you and they won't be like..."Ano? Ano? Ano?" I am learning still and I've been to the Philippines twice, when I was five and two, and I plan to go in two years when I'm sixteen. But I know a lot of animals because of his program called Before You Know It that I had on my computer. But I used podcasts and those didn't work as well. I know like basic words like..
Sino po? Who is that?
Ano po? What?
And my catchphrase- Ano bayan?! (It's also What is that, but sometimes, I mean it like What the HELL?!)
ImageImage
jasperlovesme
Learning to Love Green

Post by jasperlovesme »

twilight_obsessor013 wrote: And yeah, lots of soda and more food. Typical Filipino party I guess.

Though, the one thing that I recieved from my other Pinoy family in New York was that...even though you don't understand what the joke is, when ever they start laughing like crazy, start laughing with them--even though you don't understand. And that concept I do no matter WHERE I am. ^_^

lol! typical. very true. haha. especially the laughing part. lol.
and there's always dessert like halo-halo afterwards :p
ROOM OF REQUIREMENT join the Harry Potter fandom! come and be SLYTHERINS!
edited by jasperlovesme
twilight_obsessor013
Learning to Love Green

jasperlovesme wrote:
twilight_obsessor013 wrote: And yeah, lots of soda and more food. Typical Filipino party I guess.

lol! typical. very true. haha. especially the laughing part. lol.
and there's always dessert like halo-halo afterwards :p
That or Casava cake or Ube. Things that I don't really like to eat... :oops:
ImageImage
xoxocamille
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by xoxocamille »

Omg Cheys!
Of course! I was born in the Philippines. I lived there til I was 11yrs(:

Hmmm. Filipino parties....
I hate how when you say hi to your relatives the first thing they say is like, 'May boyfriend ka na noh?'
Or whatever they say, its really annoying!

But goodness! I love pancit & cassava. (:
[I dazzled her. My silent heart swelled with a hope more intense than I
could ever remember having felt before.] -Edward Cullen, Midnight Sun
vamp na hEireann
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: Turning Bill and Tom into vampires.Seriously were did the sun go?oh right...this is Ireland

Post by vamp na hEireann »

English is my second language and I speak it fluently but I can't speak my first language,Irish,to save my life even though I've been learning it for the last 11 years!No joke.The hight of my Irish extends to "Is maith liom cáca"(I like cake) and "Cá bhfuil an bainne"(Where's the milk).I know more than that but nothing more advaced.
I don't recommend trying to learn Irish.That word there "bhfuil" is pronounced "will".I have to do Irish for the next three years though :evil:

Ooo!interesting,hold on,where's my dictionary...ah ha! "Tá súmaire orm!!!!" <---I'm a VAMPIRE!!! :lol: HAHAHA

I'm also quite bad at French and Japanese but fluent in Pig Latin but not Klingon!
Midnight Sun Virgin!
|----[|██████]=----
ImageTrainee of EDC Inc. Private of Jaspers Confederate Army,Go Stainless Claret! Twilight Mafia