General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
xMoonlightxTragedyx
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Rosalie's Story

Post by xMoonlightxTragedyx »

I have alwaysed loved Rosalie. And reading that story made me sorta depressed. I felt bad for her. And then in breaking dawn It was understood, why she was protecting the baby so much. Sure she probably couldn't care less if Bella died (actually she was most likely wanting that to happen) but she has a heart.
Gitta
Wandering Through Town

Post by Gitta »

I've alwyas thought that Rosalie was the most human in the Cullen family even before Eclipse. I mean it seems like all the Cullens are just so friendly and over loving . And lets be honest all people have some bad days when you're not beahaving very well and let the jelousy take over and Rosalie is the only one that shows that. In Eclipse when Rosalei tells her story I felt so sad for her and how much she's struggling to remain as little human as possible.
In "Miscalculation" on SM website acted Rosalie exactly like I would have and all she really wanted was to have a whole family again.
eizel
Learning to Love Green

Post by eizel »

i never really hated her but i never liked her either...

i felt sorry for her when i read her story.. its really heart-breaking.. never thought that the perfect Rosalie has such story
ImageImage
Credit to http://kawaii-inc.org/ for my sad cute avatar.
im just sad Stephenie Meyer put Midnight sun on hold indefinitely
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Lioness Rampant »

yuck. hate is a little too strong for the way I feel toward her. but its pretty close!
ColormeBSG
profmom
Settled in Forks

Post by profmom »

I never disliked Rosalie, probably because Bella never really did either. Honestly, I don't think I thought much of her prior to her story. Her character had little power. So I definitely Eclipse brought her into the forefront more and influenced my reading of her character.

As BD unfolded, much of our view of Bella's pregnancy was through Jacob's POV. He despised Rosalie, as well as the creature that was hurting Bella. So I tried to remember that my perception was tainted by his perception. I'm not entirely convinced then, that Rosalie wanted the baby more than she wanted Bella's safety. Bella had called her; almost an act of solidarity. Yes, Rosalie was protective of the baby, but it was what Bella wanted. Because Rosalie would have fiercly protected her own baby, I think a part of her motivation was that she was the only one who could help Bella protect the baby. I didn't see that as evil or selfish, not against Bella but with her so to speak.
for me.
porschejacker XD
Wandering Through Town

Post by porschejacker XD »

Personally, I never minded Rosalie.
I think though shes a bit shallow, she's also a bit misunderstood.
When I heard her story, I felt really sorry for her, and I felt like she thawed a bit. I found it really easy to sympathise with her after SM got her story in there, and I thought it made her way more likeable. (And the whole happy ending with Emmett was just so sweet). :)
I can totally see where she's coming from over the baby issue in BD, and I think that even though some people thought she was cold, it turned out that if it wasn't for Rosalie's help, there would be no happily ever after, and plus it healed Rosalie and Bella's relationship. Even if a part of it was her own selfish reasons, she took Bella's choice to have the baby on board, when everyone else was prepared to get rid of Renesmee whether Bella liked it or not. So YAY Rose imo.
Me and my friends keep finding new ways to hurt ourselves so we can check out whether or not our doctor sparkles in the sunlight...
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

I never disliked Rosealie. Obviously, she does have a reason to not like Bella as much as everyone else does, so it is a tad bit understandable. Then after hearing her story, you can finally put yourself in her shoes, and understand why she acts that way. If I had no choice in myself becoming a vampire, instead of everyone voting, I would be a bit bitter too.
Analisse
Learning to Love Green

Post by Analisse »

I never actually disliked Rosalie, I just didn't understand why she was like she was with Bella. I really like her story, it helped me understand her more and like her even more, I started to see her in a whole different way. Before not knowing why Rosalie didn't like Bella I was actually a little bit angry with her, Bella wasn't doing anything bad to her, so my biggest question was, "why is she like that?" Now that I know, I see her point and I'm not angry anymore or anything. I did feel sorry for Rosalie, what happened to her wasn't fair, all she wanted was to be loved (she does have Emmett now) but when she was human, she wanted just that, to have a husbad, kids and be loved, so when alll that was taken away from her, I felt like I wanted to hug her and tell her that everything was going to be okay. I'm so glad that Carlile found her and made her a vampire, because at least she didn't die and not everything was lost in that tragic night of her life like a human.

I totally think that what she went through affects how she acts on Breaking Dawn, that's why Bella called her, becuase she knew that Rosalie wanted a child more than everything and she wasn't going to say no when Bella asked her for help.
tinuviel2006

Post by tinuviel2006 »

Well Rosalie is the only character for who I actually don't give a damn.....after reading her story, I knew how it ruined her life, and her mental health for sure, because it's a traumatic experience to go through. But she can't go around punishing other people (or vampires) because of what she couldn't/didn't have a chance to do/experience. By that I mean pregnancy, because she acted very protective towards Bella. She can hate Bella for her reasons, but she totally neglects other people's affections and decisions. I don't know how she can look into Edward's eyes after what she did in New Moon.
Lioness Rampant

Post by Lioness Rampant »

I can stand Rose anymore. not after I've seen how valueless Bella's life is to her. its sick. *shudders*
ColormeBSG