Schools, What is yours like?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Re: Schools, What is yours like?

Post by Carrisa »

I go to a public high school. It's pretty decent and it has a lot of options as for classes. I have more dislikes then I do likes. One thing I don't like is everyone dresses in name brands, just because they have the money to buy it and show off. The girls act prissy and talk like they have no brains. The guys focus on nothing but disgusting things. Just about everyone does drugs and drinks. And since it's full of nearly a thousand or so students, you more often then not end up in a class with people you don't know! (Or that's how it turned out with me.)

I don't think I can come up with any likes. I've met a few people who aren't like the above, but there aren't a lot of them. I wish I were already a senior....
Last edited by Carrisa on Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
Gabbie
Learning to Love Green

Post by Gabbie »

I go to a Catholic-private school.
It's not too bad,and there's less than 1000 kids that go there. Which is pretty good for an entire high school. (High school over here is from year 7-12)
The school is pretty good. They're extremely strict on uniform.. which can get kind of annoying. But I used to go to a private grammar school from kindy until year 5, so I'm kinda used to it in that sense.
I'm in year 12 at the moment, so I'll be graduating in 5 weeks which is a bit exciting.
I must say.. I did go to a public school for one year, in grade 7.. but I really didn't like it. That sounds really snobby,hahaha. But I don't know, I really just didn't like it,and I'd never been to a public school before. :shock: And there was over 300 kids in just my year group, which was INSANE! So yeah public schools aren't my thing, I guess.
My schools good because it's really lenient towards seniors (years 11 and 12) like,we pretty much get away with everything, especially my grade. And we all get along with our teachers really well which is cool.
Thanks Lizzy! <3 (AGF)
xMoonlightxTragedyx
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by xMoonlightxTragedyx »

OMG... My school is public. And LET ME TELL YOU the stuff thats happend.

Freshmen Year-23 Bomb threats... And because a school had a bomb threat and evacuated the school and there was a guy with a gun out side waiting. When we have bomb threats we our under lock down. Dogs are brought in and we cant leave the hour we hare in. The lights have to be off, and windows closed. Most happend in first hour (which was my hardest) so it sucked becuase we were behind.

Sophmore Year- a couple more bomb threats. And then someone wrote VT(Virgina Tech) on a girls bathroom stall along with a hit list of people who were going to be shot the next day.

Junior year
- they had an anual drug bust where they lock down they lock down and bring drug dogs in. They got out homecoming queen. SHe had a huge bowl of weed in her car. Yeah the person we are somposed to look up to. Phshh. Turns out it was her boyfriends but.. it was still in her car.

I would never go to another school though. I love it. Drama, fights, and a whole lot of friends.
Im looking forward to senior year.
Love
Settled in Forks

Post by Love »

I hate my high school.
I live in a small town, and this year they decided to force everyone to wear dorky looking uniforms.

How unfair, right? And there are all these crazy rules like you can't wear your jacket to class, you can't do this and that and this and that and that..

:D
His arms wrapped around me, holding me against him, summer and winter.
It felt like every nerve ending in my body was a live wire.
catieolacullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by catieolacullen »

High school = death. Not really, but it sucks. We have a fairly newer school. It's nice and all that jazz... but most of the people and teachers are inconsiderate, rude, not bright. It's just not the best experience. A lot of our sports teams suck major. Our orchestra is terrible, our band isn't bad. Our main pride is the jazz bands. Which I had an opportunity to be in, but decided not to. How stupid! Haha. But it's kind of big. Not ginormous, but not quite small-town considering they combined like, seven small-towns into one high school. Oh and it's public.
La tua cantante...
HATE SPINNERBAIT!
Is anyone else here a Sarah Dessen fan, also?
gypsyeyes
Wandering Through Town

Post by gypsyeyes »

Pizza?? wrote:My school is the school on 10 Things I Hate About You.

No joke either.

Its nice, they took two years and redid the iside of the school, that was before I got there though. Im at my third high school.
Are you serious!!??? That thing is like a freaking castle!!! I would kill to go to a school that looks like that!

I go to a private catholic boys and girls high school. It has a total of probably around 600 students. There are 87 kids in my grade, most of them I've spent all high school with (the last 4 years). Its a pretty good number, not so little we get in-bred (datingwise) but not so much that you don't know everyone. Fresh meat gets pounced on though believe you me :D
We wear uniforms but they aren't very strict about it. The teachers normally spend the first week of every term being hard-core by-the-book but then they see how useless it is and just give up.
I love my school cause it's so small, but we are only a 5 minute walk to the beach so we go there a lot after school ( and in hehe). There is a fish and chip shop there that I swear would be out of buissness without our school.
Our building has ocean views from three sides which is pretty sweet. Because I live in Australia though, it's a lot different from many american schools I've seen/heard about. Everything is outdoors: you walk to classes along open pathways and verandas and everyone eats lunch outside - there is no "cafeteria" as such, just a tuckshop.
We have a pretty wide variety of classes you can take, except we only do Japanese as a language which sucks. But on the other hand we do Marine Biology which kicks buttocks - snorkelling as a legitimate class activity!
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Lioness Rampant »

thats cool! I go to a private school, also, with a very, very, very small amount of kids. my class alone has 30 kids.
we have to wear unifroms as of this year
I. Hate. Them. GAH!
but otherwise, it is fun!
ColormeBSG
jasperlovesme
Learning to Love Green

Post by jasperlovesme »

I go to a private Catholic School
I'm a senior already and everything's great
we have to wear uniforms. strange as it seems but our uniform looks great. it's just that it is long sleeved.
the only thing that sucks is, having to negotiate with the nuns is sometimes annoying.
but everything else is great!
I'm like the 5th in the family to go to that school, it's like 27 years old already.
ROOM OF REQUIREMENT join the Harry Potter fandom! come and be SLYTHERINS!
edited by jasperlovesme
Gabbie
Learning to Love Green

Post by Gabbie »

^ Yeah uniforms usually do look nice!
I reckon ours looks nice. Like I don't like it because it's uncomfortable.. extremely uncomfortable. And we have blazers with shoulder pads.. but it does look nice, especially when the whole school (or grade) is together. :D
Thanks Lizzy! <3 (AGF)
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

I happen to slightly like my school. But the older grades always shove the younger grades into lockers, sometimes it's funny, and other times it is just plain sad. There is also way too much gossip. It is a public school by the way. But I guess with all the rumors and gossip, nobody really gets bored during social hours.