Discussion of the novel, The Host

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Aly_24
Settled in Forks

Re: Sequels

Post by Aly_24 »

The Host for me is one of the books you dont want to end because its to sad. I loveedd it so much and ive read it about 4 times. I really hope there will be a sequal because i really want to know what happends next.
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

The Host is a great book in it's own way. I still think I like twilight better, but then again I'm not finished with the host yet...

Sequels would be great, but I think i'd rather them make a movie first.
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
porscheturbo911
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by porscheturbo911 »

Oh, I would love a sequel! The Host was so much better than I'd imagined. SM is one of the only authors who can make me fall in love with the characters on such a major level.

I think she mentioned that if she were to write sequels, they would be called The Soul, and The Seeker. I'm pretty sure it's somewhere on her website, but I can't find it at the moment =S.
Nickpup
Settled in Forks

Post by Nickpup »

I'm curious to see what the free humans plan on doing. Do they really think they can take the earth back? Theres maybe at the VERY most a million of them throughout the planet, most likely way less, Im just being generous. And there are more than six billion souls. Unless somehow the humans capacity for emotion destroys the soul's hold on the planet? or..something? lol But still, I want to know what they plan to do.
mgrassel06
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by mgrassel06 »

I agree. I would be happy with a sequel (actually, I would kill for one, lol), but I could see how SMeyer might leave it how it is. I don't like the idea of the second one being The Seeker, even though it does sound interesting and I would definitely read it. I think I am just to involved/interested in seeing things through between Wanda & Ian, Melanie & Jared, as well as the other free humans they came across. I do understand there are "other stories to be told", however.
Sponser of the DBJ: Donating Blood to Jasper & Co.
ImageImage
vampirechick101
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by vampirechick101 »

It will be amazing if The Host had a sequel. I loved the Host so much and maybe in the sequels we'll get to see what happened in Jared and Melanie's relationship as well as Ian and Wanda's. Maybe Kyle will be nicer now that he has Sunny :D
I really hope they have a sequel!!
JACKHAMMER OPERATOR OF THE EDC! EMMETT'S DEMOLITION CREW WOOT WOOT!
Team Rosalie!~ every rose has it's thorns.
Mimi1=My Twi-Twin
You.Are.Not.Leaving.Me- Ian O'Shea<3 *sigh*
mgrassel06
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by mgrassel06 »

vampirechick101 wrote:It will be amazing if The Host had a sequel. I loved the Host so much and maybe in the sequels we'll get to see what happened in Jared and Melanie's relationship as well as Ian and Wanda's. Maybe Kyle will be nicer now that he has Sunny :D
I really hope they have a sequel!!
Oh, yeah, and I need more on Kyle and Sunny, too!! lol
Sponser of the DBJ: Donating Blood to Jasper & Co.
ImageImage
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

Jeez, if Stephanie doesn't write any sequels i'm going to be................upset, at the least.
The host was JUST as good as Twilight, but I sorry, not better.
Sequels are at the top of my list of things I would like Stephanie to do next.
As I wrote above, maybe a movie would be better first, but I thinking now i'd rather have sequels.
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
cedwardrox
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by cedwardrox »

I think it would be great if there were sequels, but the book is also great alone. I'd really like to know more about the other worlds. I was kinda confused about the worlds and I don't completly know what they are like. I'd like to know how everything works out between Ian and Wanda. I think they will be great no matter what body Wanda is in. Although I do think it will be easier for them now that It's just Wanda in a body. Since Mel didn't like Ian.

I'd love for there to be sequels but whatever Stephenie decides to do I'll be OK with.

E<3B Add to your posts if you're Team Edward!
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb." (EC)
"What a stupid lamb." (BS)
"What a sick, masochistic lion." (EC)

Team Nessie. NO! Not the Loch Ness Monster!

E<3B (Team Edward)
R<3B (Team Renesmee)
bandnerd218
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by bandnerd218 »

the first words that came that came out of my mouth literally were, "i NEED a sequel" if she made a sequel i would be sooo happy. you dont even understand.. you probably do but... you know what i mean :)
Jesse=My love.My life.
"I'll sing to you all night if it will keep the bad dreams away" -Edward
"Your Slower than a fat kid on crutches"-Aphrodite;Untamed
"The greener grass on the other side is probably just AstroTurf"-idk