Illegal Activities

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Cocoa

Illegal Activities

Post by Cocoa »

This is a thread to discuss the Cullen's illegal activites. (Not killing...fraud, tax evasion, forgery, ect.)
LisaAnn
Wandering Through Town

Re: Illegal Activities

Post by LisaAnn »

Lmao, that is a little too convenient don't you think? But I think that perhaps Carlisle has taught Alice some control over that, and she probably doesn't act out on every prediction, because someone would notice eventually if she never lost anything, only gained, wouldn't they?
I can't figure out how to delete my account.
Monica
Settled in Forks

Post by Monica »

Eh. I think that if you have gifts, use them wisely. Maybe they have so much money BECAUSE of Alice's uncanny predictions. :)
HazedInDeadlyPollen
Wandering Through Town
Location: somewhere in the many worlds of my brain...with Edward...

Post by HazedInDeadlyPollen »

I think the forgery sounds like fun...Jasper is so cool.I wish I could read a scene where Jasper goes to get all the documents done and to know all the stuff they have in their house.
if I'm not talking it means I'm lost inside my mind...
- nANCY ^_^
hayweh
Settled in Forks

Post by hayweh »

Jasper must have done some scary stuff to the paper forgery guy (having trouble recalling his name at the moment) for him to act like he did around Bella. Especially because if they were found out by the government or other agency, it could put all vampires at risk for being discovered.
forbiddenlizzy
Settled in Forks

Post by forbiddenlizzy »

I thought about the possibility of tax evasion and them getting arrested(since you get hunted down for tax evasion), but in actuality it's like the Cullens don't even exist to the government considering the moves and the mention of name changes...every few years everything simply starts over for them. In a very loose comparison they are like illegal immigrants. Like jude initially in across the universe, the cullens don't actually exist in America!
i get to stay with you, Nessie demanded. forever, I promised her. forever, Edward echoed in my ear.
Ouisa
Taking over the world and making it pretty!

Post by Ouisa »

Bella's dip into crime with J. Jenks was some of my favorite sections of the book. His terror of Jasper and his obvious fascination with the Cullens just made me smile. I almost wish for further books so I can hear more of Bella and J's interactions.
AgentCross
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by AgentCross »

This is America, it's only illegal if you get caught... or you can't afford it.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
pixiealice
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by pixiealice »

I'd really like to know the background of Jasper and Jenks relationship. I know Jasper influences moods, so did he just influence Jenks to be uptight, nervous and scared while they were together to get control over Jenks? I can't imagine Jasper actually threatening Jenks physically...
CharlotteMagnolia
Settled in Forks

Post by CharlotteMagnolia »

forbiddenlizzy wrote:I thought about the possibility of tax evasion and them getting arrested(since you get hunted down for tax evasion), but in actuality it's like the Cullens don't even exist to the government considering the moves and the mention of name changes...every few years everything simply starts over for them. In a very loose comparison they are like illegal immigrants. Like jude initially in across the universe, the cullens don't actually exist in America!
But they do exist in America - Carlisle has a 'real' job at the hospital, and we assume that he gets a paycheck, so taxes are taken out of that and the govt knows he exists. I think that Carlisle has been around long enough to know how to get around the system and be able to be an 'upstanding citizen' - at least on paper - and pay his taxes. At least for the income the govt knows about. :-)