Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Chapter 8 ~ Temper

Post by darkrider »

1. Now that we know more of the pack have imprinted, did you think Jacob would find someone to imprint on before you read Breaking Dawn?
i was hoping he would jsut so that he's jump of edward and bella's back.
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
AuroraRenesmee
Settled in Forks

Post by AuroraRenesmee »

4. Some have accused Edward for teasing Bella by buying the bed. Do you think Edward was wrong to have bought the bed given the fact that he can't sleep, nor does he intend to ever be with Bella in a more intimate way?
okay so this is actually one of my favorite parts of the book. I see how buying the bed was a little controlling and pushy, especially because she was being "held hostage" by alice at the time. but, when edward came home and that whole scene took place, i MELTED. He really did buy the bed so that bella would be comfortable. im sure when he knew bella would be staying the night at the house he was worried because his vampire family lived there and of course they didnt really have anything for her to sleep on, like a bed (which is what she was used to sleeping in at her house every night) so of course he went out to get her something to sleep on and went overboard, like he tends to do, because he is so head over heals in love with her. and as for him not intending to be with bella in a more intimate way, yes, that was his initial intention, but when he gets home, its like he has finally accepted the fact that he can't control everything in bella's life ( or the world for that matter) and its evident when he starts teasing her about the uses of the bed. he is letting in just a little bit and teasing with her in a more intimate way than he ever has before. god he's so hot in that scene. anyway, he is starting to lighten up a little bit and that made him that more endearing to me. does anyone else agree with me because i dont read a whole lot about this scene and think it is such an amazing part.
ImageImageImage
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

1. Now that we know more of the pack have imprinted, did you think Jacob would find someone to imprint on before you read Breaking Dawn?
I assumed that everyone would eventually find someone to imprint on... even though this is not SM's intentions. I always expected Jacob to find someone.

2. What about Jacob’s comment about all the legends being true, what other legends might there be?
uh... i duno

3. Did Jacob’s reaction to Bella’s revelation about being changed surprise you? How would you have reacted if you were Jacob?
I wasn't surprised by Jacob's reaction. It seems compleatly acceptable really.

4. Some have accused Edward for teasing Bella by buying the bed. Do you think Edward was wrong to have bought the bed given the fact that he can't sleep, nor does he intend to ever be with Bella in a more intimate way?
I think Edward wants Bella to be comfotable and that's why he got the bed. Even when Edward does tease Bella, I don't think it is intentional to lead her on.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilightlover101 »

No, i don't think he will.

2. What about Jacob’s comment about all the legends being true, what other legends might there be?
I can't think of any other legends.

3. Did Jacob’s reaction to Bella’s revelation about being changed surprise you? How would you have reacted if you were Jacob?
No, because at the time he truly believed that he was in love with her, so he obviously didn't want her to change especially in that way. Mmm, i would probably get angry as well.

I don't know what to think, edward does like to tease though.
amulaya
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by amulaya »

I personally thought that he had imprinted on Bella when he first told her about it and was lying when she asked and he said no.

I don't know. There could be any number of them.

I'm not sure I would have been as angry. I think I would have been more shocked than anything else.

I don't think he was teasing her by buying it, I think he was teasing her ON the bed when he came back. No, I don't think he was wrong for buying it, he knows that Bella has to sleep. I think he does intend to be "more" intimate with her after she is changed. I think he was being sweet.
"So, who's gonna catch me a grizzly bear?" - Bella
rain.on.me
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by rain.on.me »

Yeah, I figured he would. Meyer loves her happy endings...

I dunno. Big foot? Tooth fairy? Abominable Snowman? Who knows.

I thought Jake overreacted. Such a This is no place for a cat....

Well, he bought the bed so Bella wouldn't have to sleep on the couch. I guess it is teasing her in a way...but even though they can't be as intimate with each other as they'd both like, Edward wants to do as much as he can.
MissMagnolia
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by MissMagnolia »

No, I thought Bella would be the closest thing to true love he will ever find.

His reaction did not surprise me. The vampires are his enemies so naturally he would be upset if his best friend wanted to become on of those especially if it was about to happen in a couple of weeks. He was just taken by surprise.
I don't think Edward was wrong for buying the bed. He knew Bella would be mad about the whole kidnapping thing, so he wanted to make her stay at his house more comfortable for her. I think eventually he will give into the temptation of a more intimate relationship. You can already see that he is pushing his boundaries more and more with every kiss.
mistytwilight85
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by mistytwilight85 »

No, not really. Like Jacob said it's supposed to be very rare, and already 3 have done it. So how many more will? My guess is not that many. But that was just me though. Plus I don't think I could see Jacob with any "normal" human.

I have NO idea, and from what we have seen with tthis new imprinting legend, I dunno if I want to know any other legends LMAO :lol:

No it didn't suprise me. Jake has a temper when it comes to Bella and the vampires. They are his mortal enimies and she wants to be one. He's hurt. Just look at how long he wouldn't talk to her before. I probably would have reacted the same way. If I loved someone like Jake loves Bella, and they told me that they would be ending their life to become this monster of a creature, I would be angry too. I would be scared and worried for them, and Bella tells him this is just a few weeks away? He has a right to be a little pissed off.

That is soooooo teasing, (well not really the bed, but what he does) espically when they start making out and he gets more "into it" than usual. Come On......how is that fair???? That is soooo being a flirt and a tease. He might have been being nice for buying the bed so she has something to sleep on, but he is soooo teasing her with it al the same.
slayerchick303
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by slayerchick303 »

Yes. I know it sounds stupid, but I thought that Jacob would imprint on Lauren. I was trying to think of who would be controversial for Jacob to imprint on and I thought it would create tension for him to imprint on someone that didn't like Bella. I thought that surprising of an event would create drama and would "push the story forward."

Hmmm... honestly I have no idea!

It didn't surprise me in the slightest. I'm not sure if I were in a similar situation that I would act differently. I do think he took it a bit far when he said, "I'd rather see you dead." I might have been thinking that, but I certainly wouldn't have said it out-loud.

I don't think Edward was "teasing" Bella per say. I think he initially was trying to be thoughtful and consider her needs, but he didn't really consider the emotional ramifications of his actions. He is such a formal and "old-fashioned" guy that I don't think the thought occurred to him that Bella might read into the bed as being Edward "conceding" to her desire to become physically intimate.
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B
KaylaMarieBlack7
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by KaylaMarieBlack7 »

I kind of thought that he would. I mean a lot of the pack has imprinted. I thought it was only a matter of time before Jacob did.
Well there are werewolves and vampires. What about wiches haha.

It didnt suprise me. Of course he would be angry. He would lose his best friend, the person who he loved so much. If i was him I probably would have tried to talk to her without being so angry.

I dont think that he was really wrong to buy the bed. He was just thinking of Bella. And a bed would have been more comfortable for her.
I ♥ Jacob Black.
Ever since New Moon. =]