General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Leah and Children

Post by AliceLauren »

^^ never thought of the whole thing that she wouldn't want a child while having to run patrol as a wolf thing. I totally agree, but i think that Jake would give her some time off if by some miracle she did get pregnant.

I think that she would either have to be imprinted upon or imprint to get pregnant though. Maybe imprinting is the key to having kids...? Maybe if she ever imprints she will get her period back. Idk. Just a theory.
MindReader
Settled in Forks

Post by MindReader »

im...im lost lol i remember reading something bout this in BD but can some1 please remind me again why Leah is suspected of not being able to get pregnant?
Mom dropped him alot when he was a baby. Leah told me.
On his head, apparently.
He used to gnaw on the crib bars, to.
Lead poisoning?
Looks like it, Leah thought.
Seth snorted. Funny. Why don't you two shut up and sleep?
LOL xD
AliceLauren

Post by AliceLauren »

she doesn't get her period. she is menopausal. lol. that must suck. but that is why.
MindReader
Settled in Forks

Post by MindReader »

oh wow
that sucks :shock:
i feel bad for her now :cry:
i just rememebred how shes always being shunned by everyone
Mom dropped him alot when he was a baby. Leah told me.
On his head, apparently.
He used to gnaw on the crib bars, to.
Lead poisoning?
Looks like it, Leah thought.
Seth snorted. Funny. Why don't you two shut up and sleep?
LOL xD
wishingiwasbella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by wishingiwasbella »

I agree with Leah, if she stopped phasing, her body would go back to the way it's supposed to function. UNLESS she stayed a wolf because they are in heat once a year so then she could also get pregnant during that time. It doens't really cover that much time from when leah becomes a wolf until the end of BD so how do we know that she never went into heat. I know that sounds weird but it's possible.
Angeliss
Settled in Forks

Post by Angeliss »

AliceLauren wrote:she doesn't get her period. she is menopausal. lol. that must suck. but that is why.
Just because she doesn't get her period does not necessarily mean that she's going into menopause. There are all sorts of things that can cause this, stress, diet, hormonal problems (which is why stress can stop it, actually) not to mention that these things can go on for over a year, longest I know of. And bronzehairedgirl made a good point- genetically, she's different. She could very well be on a "wolf" cycle, rather than a human one.
Team Rosalie, Team Esme, Team Emmett, Team Carlisle, Team Jacob, Team Leah, Team Charlie, Team Angela...

Dang. Why don't they make a Team Everyone?
AliceLauren

Post by AliceLauren »

lol. Stress might be a huge factor. Maybe thats just it. Maybe it is a 'wolf cycle".
cataclysm
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by cataclysm »

wishingiwasbella wrote:I agree with Leah, if she stopped phasing, her body would go back to the way it's supposed to function. UNLESS she stayed a wolf because they are in heat once a year so then she could also get pregnant during that time. It doens't really cover that much time from when leah becomes a wolf until the end of BD so how do we know that she never went into heat. I know that sounds weird but it's possible.
Excellent suggestion. It never occurred to me to tie in the natural fertility cycle of the wolf.
Juliana<3Jake
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Juliana<3Jake »

omg!
That made me tear

Because like in my family most of the girls can't have children(some genetic thing). And my doc said that their is like a 45% chance that I won't be able to have kids..

So I can totally relate. But she doesn't seem very happy being a wolf (or at least thats the vibe I got...) so it all depends on whether she stops phasing. Or at least thats the belief.
J<3B
star
Settled in Forks

Post by star »

So, I totally agree with bronzehairedgirl. I think Leah is on a wolf's cycle and therefor can have children. Secondly (this is more aout imprinting than Leah having kids) I think perhaps Leah could or would have imprinted already if she were not a female wolf. Think about it. Leah is the first female wolf. All previous imprintings have been by male wolves on female humans. Maybe it just doesn't work the other way around. They say that you imprint on the person who gives you the best shot at passing on the gene right? To pass on the gene, the wolf gene from the father would have to be stronger than the human gene from the mother. Its similar to how the gene for brown hair overrides the gene for red hair. What if the gene is so strong in this case that the father really doesn't matter because Leah's wolf gene will automaticly override it? Then she would have no need to imprint. Leah points out that were it not for Jacob, Seth would have the best shot at being the alpha. Meaning that the Clearwater children have very stong genetic heritage on both sides. I think this genetic herritage would have to be very strong and combined with a firery temperment to awaken the gene in a female. Meaning that I believe female desendants of the wolves carry the gene and can pass it on, but only with a member of the pack. Members of the pack however can pass it on with whoever they imprint upon. So I believe Leah has not imprinted because her genetic code is so dominently wolf that she doesn't have to. Sorry if that is confusing and off topic.