Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
NewMillenium
Wandering Through Town

Re: Billy Burke as Charlie Swan

Post by NewMillenium »

He seems to young to play Billy in my opinion :? Charlie reminds me a bit of a clueless older(but not in a bad way at all)father. I guess they only put the mustache on him to make him look older in the first place. I won't judge 'too' harshly until I see the movie though...
WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for the above, as apparently my cats have learned how to type.
elstardust
Wandering Through Town

Post by elstardust »

He just isn't Charlie to me. He needs to be more like a dad and less like a movie star.
"The Forbidden Fruit is always the sweetest."
LeechesRule95
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by LeechesRule95 »

Bılly ıs a total NO-NO for thıs movıe... serıously so young I mean sure renne and charlıe have a kıd young but charlıe ıs supposed to be wrınkly baldıng wıth CURLY haır... But no they go and pıcka a guy too young and wıth a mustache and no curly baldıng haır UGHHHHHH!!!!!! :?

TRAINEE OF E.D.C.!!!!!!!!!

I <3 BLUE BLOODS ALMOST AS MUCH AS TWILIGHT! ( i said almost!)
Valentina
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Valentina »

I totally read the title of the thread as "Billy Black as Charlie Swan." Must be time for bed.

I didn't really have a mental image of Charlie that was strong enough to dislike the casting. I did think he was tall and skinny though. The curly hair I didn't even catch that he had curly hair until BD cuz I think Bella says that Renesmee had Charlie's curly hair.

Billy Burke was born in 1966, so he's definitely old enough to have a 17 year old daughter. He's actually older than Charlie is! And Charlie does get a lot of fresh air with all that fishing. LOL
NessieFan
Wandering Through Town

Post by NessieFan »

He doesn't fit the image of Charlie that i had in my head but then again none of the cast do and I've been plesantly surprised so far so I'll reseve jusgement until after the movie comes out.
From this moment on your story starts now, all that came before is prelude. Write the ending as you see it and live it, not as how the fates decide it.

everlong
Learning to Love Green

Post by everlong »

Charlie does not look like the Charlie I had in mind.

I thought he could of had a slight beer belly on him, not that tall, golden blondy hair that was curlyish, not a some guy with brown hair and a mustache. And in my mind Charlie looked alot..warmer? Friendlier, than Billy Burke. But i'm sure he'll play a fine Charlie!
edward_is_my_hero
Settled in Forks

Post by edward_is_my_hero »

Can't see him with a mustache not at all how I pictured him. I really don't know how well Billy's acting is but we shall see if he can pull it off.
Do you have a multiple personality disorder?
stdg123
Settled in Forks

Post by stdg123 »

I didn't picture Charlie as Billy Burke either. To me he plays the bad guy or mobster. He kind of gives me the creeps. I pictured someone Billy Burke's size but with lighter brown hair and softer face.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I'm more worried about Charlie's character than Billy Burke as the actor. From the sneak-peeks and behind-the-scenes I've seen, Charlie's character seems to be a lot more harsh than it was in the books, which makes me worried.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by ilovetwilight »

GAH!! he was not a good Charlie. I'm sorry but, COME ON! Charlie is supposed to have like a beer belly, Billy: NO BELLY! And Charlie is supposed to be balding! Billy: PERFECT HAIR! And when Bella was doing the whole "I HATE YOU, I'M GOING TO PHEONIX!" scene to protect him from James, Charlie is supposed to be YELLING back at her!! And he's just like: "Did he hurt you?" :| and he looks totally uninterested and BORED! GRRRR!!!
Active Donor for: DBJ & Co. (Dontating Blood to Jasper!)
Jackhammer Trainee for: EDC Inc. "Let's break down some houses"
Co-Captain for EDCCS!