I totally agree!
My favourite books all have a male character in them that I can have a crush on, expect Harry Potter strangely. None of the HP characters have ever really caught my attention to be honest.
But favourite boys:
1) JACOB! Seriously, I literally love him. He is everything a guy should be.
2) Edward Cullen - he is so caring, loving and plain lovely. Also, the way he growls is pretty hot.
3) Mr Knightly from Emma, he is just so sweet and also kind of arrogant and self-assured.
4) Dave The Laugh from Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging. I love him, he is so cheeky and you can tell he'd be really attractive.
5) Robbie a.k.a the SG from Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging, he is just so nice and also quite mature.
6) Magnus from Four Play - gorgeous, blonde, passionate, talented. Phwoar!
As you can see I think about these guys a lot. I'm actually a massive nerd.