Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Epilogue ~ Choice

Post by Alphie »

1. How did you feel about the change in narrators? Did you like hearing from Jacob's voice? How was his voice different from Bella's?

2. Did your opinion of Leah Clearwater change at all from this small bit that we got to see with her? Can you understand her pain a bit more when Jacob compares it to his own?

3. Do you think Edward did the right thing by invited Jacob to the wedding even though Bella didn't want to? Before you read Breaking Dawn, did you think Jacob would show up at the wedding? Why or why not?

4. How did you feel about Jacob running away and deciding to stay in wolf form? Did it break your heart? Or were you glad he was leaving Edward and Bella alone?
NYBellaNena
Settled in Forks

Re: Epilogue ~ Choice

Post by NYBellaNena »

1- Yes I enjoyed Jacob POV , it was different. At first it was a little bit hard, but as I read I ended up appreciating and understanding Jacob's character more, the the loyalty he has with Bella.

2-I've been intrigued about Leah since I've knowned she was the gathering and she cried while the story was told. Once her story was slightly told, I felt bad for her...especially since once they shape shift it was hard to keep away what was going on in your personal life with all the members of the pack, and seeing the person you love with someone else because they imprinted must have been a horrible feeling. I felt that she was one of the characters that needed some closing.

3-Yes Edward was right to invited Jacob because he knew in the end Bella would have wanted Jacob there. Im not sure if he would or wouldn't. show up to the wedding..Jacob to me, seem that he's emotions he felt on that day would dictate if he would show up.

4-Yes it broke my heart when Jacob ran away. But I understood that he wanted to be alone and that was the way he would be able to do it without someone interupting him and his thoughts
rain.on.me
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by rain.on.me »

1. How did you feel about the change in narrators? Did you like hearing from Jacob's voice? How was his voice different from Bella's?
I didn't like hearing from Jake's POV; I like Bella's. He was definitlely more immature in his thoughts, but admittedly more humorous.

2. Did your opinion of Leah Clearwater change at all from this small bit that we got to see with her? Can you understand her pain a bit more when Jacob compares it to his own?
No, not really. She still seemed really...witchy ;)

3. Do you think Edward did the right thing by invited Jacob to the wedding even though Bella didn't want to? Before you read Breaking Dawn, did you think Jacob would show up at the wedding? Why or why not?
I thought it was really nice and noble of Edward to invite him. I was hoping Jake wouldn't show up at the wedding, but I was thinking that he probably would and ruin it.

4. How did you feel about Jacob running away and deciding to stay in wolf form? Did it break your heart? Or were you glad he was leaving Edward and Bella alone?
I was glad he ran away!! Let him die alone somewhere in the forest for all I cared. He was only there to cause unnecessary complications with Bella and Edward's relationship. However, I also thought it was really immature of him to just run away from his problems...
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Jacob's voice is very different from Bella's. I can't quite explain how. I don't know that it flowed smoothly for me to hear Jacob's voice because I was kinda jared out of Bella's voice.

Nope. Sad as it seems... not at this point.

Absolutly yes! Good for Edward. that was the right thing to do. Yes, I expected Jake to show up at the wedding. he is too important to Bella and the entire story of Twilight this far...

My heart totally broke. I love Edward, but I love Jacob also. I would have stayed in wolf form also if it was me. Just easier really!
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

1. How did you feel about the change in narrators? Did you like hearing from Jacob's voice? How was his voice different from Bella's? I liked hearing things from Jake's POV. His voice was different in that he was a bit more cocky and funnier than Bella.

2. Did your opinion of Leah Clearwater change at all from this small bit that we got to see with her? Can you understand her pain a bit more when Jacob compares it to his own? It was good to get her side of things. I felt that maybe she was resentful, though. Edward tells Bella how she was treating the pack by bringing up things from her and Sam's past, being malicious about it. There's never a right reason or a right time to do that.

3. Do you think Edward did the right thing by invited Jacob to the wedding even though Bella didn't want to? Before you read Breaking Dawn, did you think Jacob would show up at the wedding? Why or why not? Yes, Edward did do the right thing; I like how he said that if things had gone the other way, he would like to have had the choice whether or not to attend the ceremony. I didn't think he would show up at the wedding, simply because he phased and ran away; that maybe it would be too painful to be there, and that by going, it would make it final in his head.

4. How did you feel about Jacob running away and deciding to stay in wolf form? Did it break your heart? Or were you glad he was leaving Edward and Bella alone? Oh. My. Word. This broke my heart. I'm glad I recently found the books and didn't have to wait the year between releases to see how this was resolved. You know, it didn't even cross my mind that he would be leaving B&E alone. I just felt so bad for him! I wanted Jake to Imprint, but even more, I wanted him to get over Bella.
furrynfun
Settled in Forks

Post by furrynfun »

I didn't like Jacob's POV because he just needs to stop thinking about Bella in that way

Leah's problems are much worse and I feel bad for her being in pack with all boys, I think Jacob is to harsh on her

I hoped he would but as a friend and I didn't think he would crash the wedding like me friends all said

I was glad I am a strong member of Team Edward and Jacob cared about her in family like way but Edward didn't see the point of living without her
mistytwilight85
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by mistytwilight85 »

I really liked hearing things from Jacob's perspective. He is a great character, and he has some strong emotions that he is dealing with. He is a great very indepth character. I feel so sad for him when I read from his perspective.

I can understand it. I started to respect her more and started to like her character a lot more after I saw that perspective.

I think it was the right thing to do. Edward wanted to let Jacob have the choice to be there if he wanted to. I think that was very good of him. I was kind of on the fence of if he would be there or not. I was leaning more towards no though, because that would cause him a great deal of pain.

It broke my heart. Jacob has dealt with so much pain because of Bella, and yet he still loves her unconditionaly even though he knows she will never be with him. He was depressed. I felt horrible for him.
Twilove
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilove »

1. How did you feel about the change in narrators? Did you like hearing from Jacob's voice? How was his voice different from Bella's?Defenetly different he was much more arrogent

2. Did your opinion of Leah Clearwater change at all from this small bit that we got to see with her? Can you understand her pain a bit more when Jacob compares it to his own?I totally understand Leah's pain and i dont think everybody should be so hard on her seeing Sam everyday hurts her and people dealing with that amount of emotional turmoil are bound to be a little bitter

3. Do you think Edward did the right thing by invited Jacob to the wedding even though Bella didn't want to? Before you read Breaking Dawn, did you think Jacob would show up at the wedding? Why or why not?Yes because Bella does need Jacob in a way he helped her a lot when Edward was gone and they have a special bond i knew he would be there just didnt think he would do what he did i expected just a little bit of false support he didnt have to be putting Bella on guilt trips

4. How did you feel about Jacob running away and deciding to stay in wolf form? Did it break your heart? Or were you glad he was leaving Edward and Bella alone?a bit of both because he annoyes me to no end but it also made me sad because i kinda know what he was going through and its no easy to go back to the place were it all happend it hurts too much sometimes and all you want to do it runaway
KaylaMarieBlack7
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by KaylaMarieBlack7 »

I wasnt too sure that I liked the change in narrators. I couldnt quite get into Jacobs character. I've been so use to Bellas.

I can kind of understand her pain. But I still think she is a pain in the butt for making everyone see that.

Yes. Jacob is still someone Bella cares about, and Edward knows that. I didnt think he was going to show up at the wedding because he loves Bella too much to see her go off and get married to someone he could never be.

I was sad that he ran away to stay in wolf form. It made me sad that thats what he decided to do.
I ♥ Jacob Black.
Ever since New Moon. =]
Hearts in red ink.
Wandering Through Town

Post by Hearts in red ink. »

Not at all, I was like :roll: the whole time. :lol:
I think I skimmed through a lot of it.

I understood her pain.

I think he did, Bella needed him there.
I knew Jacob would show up, I did think he was going to make a scene. :lol:

No, I wanted Jacob gone.
He was such a conflict between Bella & Edward, but he was a good part of the story.
As much as I hated him, we needed him in the story.