A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Chapter 4 ~ Invitations

Post by edward x lover »

1. Why do you think Bella doesn't want to go to the spring dance? She could easily just have said to anyone, "Let's just go as friends". Why is it that from day one, none of the boys appealed to her?
She doesn't know it yet but she is in love with Edward already and she doesn't want to go with anyone but him.

2. Bella asks Edward if he has multiple personality disorder because he either seems to be overly friendly or sarcastic moments apart. To what did you attribute Edward's odd behavior?
He is trying to hold up the human charade and sometimes he is good at it and sometimes not.
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
KayleeRyerson
Settled in Forks

Post by KayleeRyerson »

1. Why do you think Bella doesn't want to go to the spring dance? She could easily just have said to anyone, "Let's just go as friends". Why is it that from day one, none of the boys appealed to her?
Uh HELLO, because she noticed EDWARD CULLEN.

2. Bella asks Edward if he has multiple personality disorder because he either seems to be overly friendly or sarcastic moments apart. To what did you attribute Edward's odd behavior?
He's struggling inside, I knew that much at this point.
What a stupid lamb. What a sick, masochistic lion.
TheLastVampirechic
Settled in Forks

Post by TheLastVampirechic »

She doesnt want to go to the dance because she is klutzy and would be embarassed and she's new there and doesn't really have anything to talk about with them. As far as the boys go, she was not used to getting attention of that sort, so she never expected to get it now, and she may have doubted their motives

I belive he is just a complex person.
"I dont want to die" he screamed. Sita leaned in and softly whispered in his ear "Then you should have never been born." -- The Last Vampire by Christopher Pike

ANNE RICE MAKES ME GAG!
lovely_and_4ever_17
Settled in Forks

Post by lovely_and_4ever_17 »

Edward, she doesn't know it yet but she loves him and should be with him

Vampire…very weird trying to hide what he was
lovinmesomejasper
Settled in Forks

Post by lovinmesomejasper »

Bella seems like a very genuine person and it would have been a lie to herself if she'd led one of her followers on. Her head wasn't with Mike, Eric, or Tyler. She was already consumed by Edward.

Internal struggle. I think he wanted to be a jerk and make her hate him, but at the same time I think it killed him (well, more) to think she would hate him
YouAreMyLifeNow
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by YouAreMyLifeNow »

I just thought that A) she was really bad at dancing/she didn't like to dance or B) she didn't she anyone that she liked/she had already noticed Edward and might have kinda liked him.
I didn't really think much of his behavior, when you don't know people to well you sometimes make judgments on their personalitys that arn't always true because you haven't know them that long so you don't know what they are like most of the time. I just thought Bella did something along those lines<--- and i figured that as the story went on we would see how Edward normaly acted.
I know i spell bad
Twi Mafia~Sarina Santoro
Twilight lover: Because sometimes fantasy is better than reality
BreathelessVampire
Fishing with Charlie

Post by BreathelessVampire »

Alphie wrote:1. Why do you think Bella doesn't want to go to the spring dance? She could easily just have said to anyone, "Let's just go as friends". Why is it that from day one, none of the boys appealed to her?

1. I think Bella doesn't want to go because she doesn't want to show her clumsy side and avoid the boys that like her.

2. I thought he was really odd. Some nutcase asking a person not to be friends.
Team Edward. Team Jasper. Team Alice. Team Emmett
Because they are just plain sexy.

Trainee at Emmett's Demolition Crew

Member of Donating Blood To Jasper&Co.
KaylaMarieBlack7
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by KaylaMarieBlack7 »

I thought it was because she secretly would have gone with Edward. If he were to ask her. She was too busy thinking of him to really notice any of the other boys like that.
I personaly would have agree'd with Bella. This guy sure was weird. Being so rude towards her one day, and the friendly the next. I was just confused.
I ♥ Jacob Black.
Ever since New Moon. =]
EllaMinnowPee
Settled in Forks

Post by EllaMinnowPee »

Alphie wrote:1. Why do you think Bella doesn't want to go to the spring dance? She could easily just have said to anyone, "Let's just go as friends". Why is it that from day one, none of the boys appealed to her?

She was too intrigued by Edward to be bothered with anyone else.

Edward is battling with himself over his desire to keep her alive so he can love her, or to kill her so he can drink her blood (ew, that sounds gross). He loves her intensely, yet he wants to kill her. He's angry at himself for feeling this way towards somebody, knowing that these feelings will complicate the nice life Carlisle has built for thier family.
Twilove
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilove »

1. Why do you think Bella doesn't want to go to the spring dance? She could easily just have said to anyone, "Let's just go as friends". Why is it that from day one, none of the boys appealed to her?well for one she really cant dance so i get why she didnt want to go in the first place and and come on she already saw Edward would you want to go with anybody else after you saw that beautiful creature?? i wouldent

2. Bella asks Edward if he has multiple personality disorder because he either seems to be overly friendly or sarcastic moments apart. To what did you attribute Edward's odd behavior?well the fact that he wanted to drain her blood at one moment and than want to know everything about her the next anyone would be a little weird if they had those conflicting thoughts