A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
*TwilightIsMyDrug*
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 6 - Scary Stories

Post by *TwilightIsMyDrug* »

1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rock wasn't a good place for camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there?
I was curious. I wondered if it had something to do with "eating" but I wasn't really sure.I knew it was something more than just "camping" though.

2. How did you feel about Lauren and her open dislike of Bella?
Stupid Lauren. She's just jealous.

3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend?
I loved Jacob! And yes, he liked Bella as more than a friend from the beginning.

4. Why do you suppose Jacob didn't believe the legends of his people as readily as Bella did?
I think he was trying to be "cool" around Bella.

5. Given the fact that the stories about the "cold ones" were true, did you fully expect to see werewolves in the future books?
Anything is possible...
"You don't know how long I've waited for you."
Team Edward
Sturpherz
Wandering Through Town

Post by Sturpherz »

1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rock wasn't a good place for camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there?

Well, to be honest, I already knew Edward was a vampire, so I had pretty much knew why we was “camping”

I think that every girl has a “Lauren.” Now, this does not mean that I liked Lauren… I felt that she was a bitter person who needed to be put in her place… but her character was good for the story…

3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend?

I thought he was adorable! You know, in that little brother kind of way. = ) and of course I thought he liked Bella more than he should have, it was pretty obvious!

4. Why do you suppose Jacob didn't believe the legends of his people as readily as Bella did?

Probably because of the same reasons we don’t believe in them.

5. Given the fact that the stories about the "cold ones" were true, did you fully expect to see werewolves in the future books?

No I did not, but I was not thrown off by the realization either.
"The most important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become..."
lag28wa
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lag28wa »

I did wonder what he might doing up there, I knew it was something that had to do with his secret, but I don't think I was entirely sure what it was yet.

I dislike Lauren, I find her petty and superficial

I thought he was sweet. I definately got the impression that he was interested in Bella as more than friend. He seemed to really admire her, for both her beauty and companionship. Seems to me that it was refreshing for him to hang out/chat with a girl not from the reservation. His reaction to Bella coming to town was similar to the other boys at Forks HS.

Because they are fantastical. I wasn't sure if I should believe them. Also when you live in a smaller remote area you tend to believe that not much can go by you unnoticed. I'm sure Jacob figured he would have seen/heard confirmation of those legends by now.

Not at all, the werewolves were a surprise to me. I thought they were done with generations ago. I did not make the vampire/werewolf correlation until it was spelled out for me, haha!
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium
corinnejca
Wandering Through Town

Post by corinnejca »

I figured it had something to do with the fact that he's a vampire. Either he was hunting people up there, or animals.

I hated Lauren automatically. It was obvious that she was incredibly jealous of Bella and all the attention she received from all the boys in their year. Eric, Mike, Tyler, and then the cutest boy in school, Edward! She took out her jealously unnecessarily on Bella. Bella didn't want the attention! Well, from Edward she did...

I actually did like him, but once I realized he was interested in Bella as more than a friend, I rejected him in my head. I did not want him to get in the way of Bella and Edward being together. That judgment affected my view on Jacob for the rest of the book and the next three books.

Jacob didn't have first-hand experience with the legends of his people like Bella did. He hadn't seen what Bella had seen: that Edward was impossibly fast, strong, and had very cold skin. She knew that there was something different about Edward, and was more ready to accept a strange explanation because she saw it for herself. Jacob hadn't seen any of the Cullens yet and so had no reason to accept the legends.

Yep. I was thinking about the movie Underworld and totally expected to see some werewolves in the books.
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

I thought they were just dare devils.

I thought she was a jealous b!tch

I didn't really like him and I thought he was sort of childish.

Because he wasn't as aware as Bella is.

Yes I did. As soon as a started NM I was like Jakes totally a wolf.
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
KayleeRyerson
Settled in Forks

Post by KayleeRyerson »

I did, slightly. But I wasn't consumed by the mystery.

I felt she could go ... away. I thought she was shallow and petty.

Oh he definitely found Bella attractive, that's for sure. I did like him, he was cute and endearing.

He didn't know what Edward was capable of, he was the fourth generation to be told this tale and that played a part in his non-believing.

No, but then again I litterally just finished Twilight.
What a stupid lamb. What a sick, masochistic lion.
TheLastVampirechic
Settled in Forks

Post by TheLastVampirechic »

I just thought about vampire being in superhuman, and that they could camp anywhere

I thought she may have been the favorite of the local boys prior to Bella's arival, and now she has been replaced, and is jelous

I liked him, but i saw him as more of a little kid than anything at that point, and he was more than just interested.

He had been hearing them his entire life, and has dismissed them as nothing more than children's stories.

I totally expected it. Werewolves vs Vampires is the classic neverending war, the book would not be complete with out them.
"I dont want to die" he screamed. Sita leaned in and softly whispered in his ear "Then you should have never been born." -- The Last Vampire by Christopher Pike

ANNE RICE MAKES ME GAG!
lovely_and_4ever_17
Settled in Forks

Post by lovely_and_4ever_17 »

I was confused because I had never heard of 'vegetarian' vampires. Yeah I wondered because if it wasn't a good place to camp why would the go there no people no food right?

I really didn't give it much thought.

I liked (and still do like) Jacob. Yeah I got that.

Because he probably has never spent time with the Cullens to see the signs.

Yeah, Jake said when the vampires came around so did the wolves so I expected them.
lovinmesomejasper
Settled in Forks

Post by lovinmesomejasper »

The bears thing kind of gave it away for me, and my Buffy soaked mind was thinking "why don't they just buy blood to drink?" but then I got over that

I wondered why girls named Lauren are always mean in books. Bad representation for my name, lol. I pegged it for jealousy instantly

I liked Jacob and it was pretty obvious there was a little crushin' happening there, but unrequited of course.

Because they seem ridiculous, no one thinks vampires are for real without having proof other than some superstitious family members

Totally
EllaMinnowPee
Settled in Forks

Post by EllaMinnowPee »

Alphie wrote:1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rock wasn't a good place for camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there?

I wasn't surprised. I knew what Edward was really doing.

Lauren was jealous of Bella and the attention she was getting from the boys, even Edward, who never had paid attention to anyone before. Unfortunately there's lots of girls like Lauren.

I didn't really think of Jacob one way or another. He was just a plot device so Bella could learn about vampires. Yes, it did seem that he was interested in her, but at that point so was every other boy. I forgot about him until he made another appearance at the end of the book.

Because Bella realized that Edward fit the description of the 'cold ones' and it was the only explanation of Edward's abilities.

No, I wasn't thinking that far ahead.