A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
lovely_and_4ever_17
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 8 ~ Port Angeles

Post by lovely_and_4ever_17 »

1. At what point were you worried for Bella's safety with the thugs? Or did you have some idea that Edward would show up just in the nick of time?
When she saw them the second time, i was hopeful that edward would show up.

2. How did you feel about Edward's emotional reaction to the whole situation? Were you afraid of him? Were you worried for Bella?
I was like aww calm down Edward, yeah i was kinda scarded, nope she's always safe with him

3. Were you surprised that Edward told the truth so quickly about his ability to mind read? Had you guessed that this was his secret?
No, i figured he was tired of all the lies

4. What was your personal theory as to why Edward can't hear Bella's mind the first time you read the book?
that she is the one for him and i don't think that their love could work if he knew everything she was thinking.

5. Did it concern you at all that Edward keeps such a close watch over Bella? Did it seem somewhat like a stalker to you or did you just brush it off?
No it was loveing, i brushed it off
EllaMinnowPee
Settled in Forks

Post by EllaMinnowPee »

Alphie wrote:1. At what point were you worried for Bella's safety with the thugs? Or did you have some idea that Edward would show up just in the nick of time?

I was worried about her after she realized they were following her. I actually didn't know that Edward would rescue her. I wasn't making predictions.

2. How did you feel about Edward's emotional reaction to the whole situation? Were you afraid of him? Were you worried for Bella?

I love reading about Edward's reactions to Bella. He was so protective and worried. I was never afraid of him or worried for Bella. She was safe with him.

3. Were you surprised that Edward told the truth so quickly about his ability to mind read? Had you guessed that this was his secret?

I did not guess ahead of time that he could read minds. For some reason though, I was not surprised by it.

4. What was your personal theory as to why Edward can't hear Bella's mind the first time you read the book?

Well, I've only read the book once, and I'm only in the middle portion of book 3. Did I miss the explanation? If there is an explanation of what makes Bella different, hopefully it will come up soon. I was wondering why she alone is immune. Maybe the reason that Edward is so intoxicated with the smell of her blood has something to do with it. She's obviously special. Although, Bella's not immune to Alice's fortunetelling. I am currently watching True Blood, another vampire story, and in this one the human herione can read everyone's mind but her lover's, a vampire. Even though it's the opposite, I thought it was a strange coincidence. Twilight is so much better than True Blood, by the way ;) .

5. Did it concern you at all that Edward keeps such a close watch over Bella? Did it seem somewhat like a stalker to you or did you just brush it off?

That's interesting to think about. If someone were to keep such a close watch over me, I would find it creepy and clingy. But if he had a head's up on something dangerous about to happen to me, whether it was by reading minds or having a psychic sister, I'd be happy he was watching. Throughout the series (what I've read of it), Edward is always protective. Some people would consider it over-protective. I just find it incredibly romantic.
Twilove
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilove »

1. At what point were you worried for Bella's safety with the thugs? Or did you have some idea that Edward would show up just in the nick of time?
omg i was freaking out in that part and suprisingly it never occured to me that Edward was gonna save her i just kept screaming at Bella to run lol

2. How did you feel about Edward's emotional reaction to the whole situation? Were you afraid of him? Were you worried for Bella?I understood why he was angry i mean hes a vampire and his instinct is to kill so after he saved Bella it really took every ounce of control he had to not kill those guys and worried about Bella not so much after what just happend to her she had it coming

3. Were you surprised that Edward told the truth so quickly about his ability to mind read? Had you guessed that this was his secret?i had no idea but it was a pleasent suprise and she would have found out sooner or later

i honestly have no idea maybe its because there so connected already there is no need to read her mind?

5. Did it concern you at all that Edward keeps such a close watch over Bella? Did it seem somewhat like a stalker to you or did you just brush it off?brush it off i thought it was sweet but it would only be sweet if a vampire like him did that to me anybody else STALKER! lol
KaylaMarieBlack7

Post by KaylaMarieBlack7 »

I was really worried. I mean, if it were me in that kind of situation. I would have been freaking out. I was pretty sure she wouldnt have gotten killed. But she could have been raped and beaten. Which is still horrible.

I was afraid of him. He was very mad. I wasn't really afraid for Bella because I thought she was going to be really safe with Edward.

I didn't even know that Edward could read peoples minds. But when he told her, I thought it was kind of soon. I didnt think he would crack that easily.

I just thought that there was just something about her.

It didnt concern me that Edward keeps such a close watch over Bella. He just wants to make sure she stays safe since she always seems to hurt herself. I just brushed it off. It wasnt stalkerish.
I ♥ Jacob Black.
Ever since New Moon. =]
Galinda
Settled in Forks

Post by Galinda »

At the point when she passed the bookshop and went in this quiet, darker part of town. I thought that maybe Jess and Angela had followed her and would come now at the right moment. Edward showing up was really a surprise for me.

I was maybe a bit scared of him but could understand his emotions somehow. But I was never worried for Bella because he already showed often enough that he liked and cared for her.

That was a suprise but it seemd kind of logical that he told her the truth. I hadn't guessed it, though.

I liked his explanation with the different frequencies, so I didn't bother trying to figure it out myself (especially because I'm always wrong with my theories...)

At first it seemed to me a little weird but I figured that he wants to understand why he acts this way around her and why he feels differently with her and so it made sense that he would be around her whenever he could.
The key to being beautiful is to hang around with really ugly people.
LizCA217
Settled in Forks

Post by LizCA217 »

I started to worry when the footsteps changed and she thought maybe they felt bad for scaring her and were backing off... too good to be true. I almost gave up thinking he was there because he let it go so long, having lost track of her. I thought she was going to fall and hurt herself or make it to a group of people in time.

I was never afraid of Edward. I was relieved that he appeared. I understood his reaction be cause I had already picked up on his ability so I knew he was hearing what they were planning for her.

I had guessed it was his secret and I was surprised that he told the truth. Pleased, but surprised.

I thought it had to do with the way she was 'meant' for him somehow. Like if her blood was more appealing to him, her mind might also be different for him.

It did seem stalkerish but I knew there was a reason, a pay-off behind it. I can't say that I'd have minded if Edward was stalking me!
bubblylittlealice
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by bubblylittlealice »

i think when she was along way from downtown, i would never do that, it just has 'let me die' writen all over it. I was so scared, so i had no idea he was going to safe her.
I think he had a right to be mad because she did leave her friends. I was a little afraid but i knew he just really cared for bella, so that's ok in my book. If i was bella right then and there i would be afraid a little.
I kinda wondered why he was there right away, so i had a little guess. But he was very open and that's good in a relationship.
umm...i didn't really have one . I was more he can read minds how cool
A little at the start when he is like i wacth you sleep that is stalkerish. But know it's more of awwww how nice i want a stalker (jk)
'I think she’s having hysterics. Maybe you should slap her'-Alice Cullen
I'm betting on Alice ;)
Jasper Hale can mess with my emotions any day
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LilyMorgana »

I expected Edward to show up, yes. Seemed like a great opportunity for them to really bond.

I thought it was kind of sweet how he wanted to protect Bella (and how he actually did). The fact that he reacted so emotional made me realize he really liked Bella.

Yeah, I was surprised he just admitted to being able to hear people's thoughts. But since the other secret was so much worse, it was probably easier to admit to that part. I hadn't really guessed the mind reading thing.

I thought she was 'special'. Like 'the one' for Edward or something like that.

I didn't get how Bella was okay with him following her around. I thought she'd get angry after he admitted doing that, but she didn't. He did remind me of a stalker to be honest. But I guess he had his reasons to do what he did.
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
Riddalyn

Post by Riddalyn »

The minute she saw them. I am very paranoid about people, and the moment she saw the four rowdy men, I thought, "get away, they're bad news." I knew she'd get away, but there at the end, it was starting to look pretty hopeless... I was holding my breath, and when Edward's car whipped around the corner and the door popped open, I literally squeed.

I was sad for him. It must have been really hard for him to just drive away just to protect Bella... I felt bad. I wasn't worried for Bella... I was passed being scared for her safety when she was around him at this point.

I was a little surprised, but I kind of figured he was okay with breaking a few rules then. I had guessed that he could read minds because of the way he would look at her every time she asked Jessica or someone else about him.

A lot of different theories flitted through my head. At first, I was pretty willing to accept that Bella's mind was just different, without needing any further explanation. But, when I finished, I went into some deeper thought about it. The first time I read it, I thought that she had just worked up an amazing defense, without realizing it of course. She was so used to being different, and thinking so differently, that she had just learned to close her mind against other things... keeping them out, letting them in. But now I think that's a little stupid and I think a million and one different things, you know?

I didn't think he was a stalker or brush it off. If Bella was okay with it, I was okay with it... it's her life. But, no, I thought it was nice. Bella obviously has a hard time keeping herself out of trouble... why wouldn't it be a good thing to have someone like Edward - strong, determined, and unbreakable- to protect her?
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT
Chocolatebrowneyes
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Chocolatebrowneyes »

I got worried the minute they started following her, I did have some idea but still it was pretty nervewreaking.

I was afraid of him he seemed so pissed! I wasn't worried for Bella though pretty sure he wouldn't do anything to hurt her. I was kinda taken aback about how STRONG the emotion was at first.

No I wasn't I think he seemed relieved that she didn't think he was a freak...and yes I had guessed, first chapter on.

I had no clue opther than maybe she was just different enough...

A little bit, it did seem rather stalker-ish but she's one of those people who really need someone to watch their back, so I dunno it wasn't as bad a reaction as it could've been.
"Why won't you leave me alone?"
Believe me,I wanted to say. I've tried.
Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you.
Keep it light.

ImageImageImageImage