NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

Are you writing for Nanowrimo? Discuss it here.
Banner by urcoolcarrie
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month

Post by oleander »

Nice! I never even thought of requesting a NaNoWriMo thread. I wasn't sure if there were enough people to keep one going.

So, this is my fourth NaNoWriMo and every year i have to question my sanity for doing it. This year I am really excited about doing it, but my free time is so limited that when i get a chance to write, i really have to write hard! After today's count i've got almost 9000 words in, so i can afford to take time off Wednesday night when i have class until 10 pm and Thursday when i'm going to see Feist in concert and won't be home until after midnight. I have a four day weekend coming up so i'm looking forward to getting lots done then.

I had intended on writing more scenes for a story i started two Nanos ago because after letting a couple of friends read it, we determined that there was a lot missing, and i knew i could easily squeeze another 50,000 words out of it. Then the characters decided otherwise and I am now working on a second story involving them, that begins 7 months after the first one ends. Things seem to be humming along well as long as i let the characters run the show.

I have a livejournal blog where i'm tracking my progress if you'd like to check it out.

How's everyone else making out?
Last edited by oleander on Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

Oleander, that link doesn't work. When you try to go to the blog LJ says that it's a bad link.
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

Sorry about that. I'm link-challenged today. ;) It should work now.
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

I really really need to start writing my own stuff. The only bad part is that I have gotten used to fanfiction which I've been doing since 1989 even before I had internet in my home, but I have one story idea that's been in my brain for quite I while I just need to get around to putting it on paper.

Oleander I added you to my friends list on LJ. Thanks for fixing the link :D
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

Wow, Oleander. That's a lot. So what were your previous stories about? You see, this is my first time actually hearing about this whole thing, so this is obviously my first year. I don't know how I'll manage 50,000 words in a month, though.
Jeminunzi
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Jeminunzi »

wooo, i made 10,000 words today in studyhall. i'm fairly sure that it's epically craptastic though. I just want to see if i can do it though, so i guess it doesnt matter THAT much to me whether it's good or not.
Students working in New Media are bored in the summer, I take banner requests! PM me
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

I got so behind today - I had a really rough day and I just got home. So now I'm trying to catch up. Everyone else is at least to 6000, so that's my goal today. Let's hope I can reach it.

Jeminunzi, it's okay if it's bad, we're doing editing next month :P
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

Jeminunzi that's fantastic!! Good job!

Twilight<3, don't lose hope. It's still early. ;)

I haven't written a thing in two days and won't have time to touch it again until tomorrow. I was out too late on Tuesday night, too sick last night, tonight i'm going to see Feist in concert, so tomorrow i can pick it up again. It might be a good thing to leave it alone off and on. I don't want to burn out.

I have a question...What kind of music do you listen to (if any at all) while you write? We all know that music plays a huge part in Stephenie Meyer's process...what about the rest of us?

Right now Blue October seems to be the big winner on my mp3 player/laptop. I also recently came up with a "writing" playlist that has all kinds of stuff on it: Imogen Heap, Blue October, Muse, Lamb, Pearl Jam, Jack's Mannequin, Radiohead, Gavin DeGraw, Linkin Park, Ben Harper, Alanis Morrissette, Arcade Fire, Feist, Metro Station, Massive Attack, Aphrodite, Jay-Z, The Postal Service, Death Cab for Cutie, Secondhand Serenade, Three Days Grace...

I guess if it's angsty, heartbreaking and emotional it's probably on my list. I'm a serial sap.
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

oleander wrote:What kind of music do you listen to (if any at all) while you write?
Now, I love so many bands and whatnot, but for some reason, Radiohead is helping me write a lot. I'm obsessed with Muse, so you would think I would write to them. But, no, no, it's Radiohead that is giving me a lot of inspiration.