General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Favorite and Least Favorite Chapters of the Series

Post by edward4ever »

twilightmom wrote:As for the least favorite - there were some, but I have to agree with Spookybell - I was very sad when I saw that SM put "THE END" at the end of the book. Especially since earlier in BD she made a reference to something being so final, it's like seeing "The End" at the end of a manuscript.
Yes! I caught that too!! In fact, as soon as I read that line for the first time--I immediately flipped to the back of the book to see if she'd written "THE END" there. I was very bummed to see that she had!
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
edward_is_my_hero
Settled in Forks

Post by edward_is_my_hero »

My favorite: well I don't have just one...hmmm....I think in Twilight when Edward started talking to Bella again, I smile every time, Edward and Bella's wedding

My least favorite: NM when Edward leaves, kills me every time, and I have to skip it and keep reading when Alice comes back
Do you have a multiple personality disorder?
bellaobsessed
Settled in Forks

Post by bellaobsessed »

Let's see:

Fave Chapter(s): Mind Over Matter in Twilight was the best chapter to me... I feel like that chapter was one that had to happen, and how she knew he was watching her sleep, love it. I also like the chapter in BD when they first have sex. I know a lot of people were complaining about the sex topic in the series but I think that is a part of human and unhuman life that would have made the series empty without bringing it up. I know it was teenage books but you just can't have life without never feeling those type of feelings, I think it was done respectfully and it made it more real to me.

Least fave chapters: Almost every chapter in New Moon. I disliked that book. I feel like it was a necessary evil that had to happen for the series but it was the one I could do without. And since I read that there will be a New Moon Movie, I can say, I'm not happy about it, it will be depressing. I'm happy there will already be a more to the movie but they need to put half of Eclipse in there.

If I could dream at all, it would be about you. And I'm not ashamed of it. ~Edward (TW ch.15)
-veiled-
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by -veiled- »

37yearoldfan wrote:Tell us what are your favorite and least favorite chapters in the Twilight Series!

Woo Hoo, I get the first post!!! I requested the topic though!!!

I am sure that all of you will know exactly what I am going to say was my least favorite chapter in the series!

Least Favorite ChapterFrom NM I don't have the exact chapter number. I leant the book to my sister in law. But, It was The End
I was so devastated when Edward left Bella so she could have a normal Human Life. It was like my heart was broke. And 8 months, Bella heard nothing from Edward or the Cullens. I have read the book 3 times now and still get upset when I read that chapter even though I know the out come!!!

Favorite Chapter From BD Chapter 20 New Throughout the whole series I wanted so bad for Bella to become a Vampire and she finally did. There was all this build up leading up to it like, how newborns behave and they have no desires except thirst and are very dangerous and will have no regular emotions for at least 3 years. Then Bella wakes up a Vampire. Not just a Vampire but a Vampire that can control her thirst and has all the emotions that she left as a human. Alice said "she going to dazzling" and she was. Bella was referred to as supermodel in one chapter.

I was so happy that Bella got everything she desired! Even better equilibrium!
I agree.

It was horrible having to read the chapter without Edward (I love that man!) He was hurting her more by leaving and as smart as he is - *sighs then nods head in shame*

Now, I would have to say in "Breaking Dawn" Chap. 20 was actually not one of my favorites. We heard so much about how new vampires have hard times controlling their thirst and it is kind of disappointing that we didn't get to see Bella experience it (maybe that sounds horrible, but I don't care). And I wasn't at all surprised by her new powers, I expected something as simple as the "shield". But then again, I still love the "Twilight" series and have no complaints on how she wrote the novel. I love every minute of it!
MagnoliasNSunshine
Wandering Through Town

Post by MagnoliasNSunshine »

twilightlover4eva wrote: Least favorite chapter- Ok, is it just me or was the chapter in BD where Jacob goes to the park to try and imprint TOTALLY unneccesary?!?
I am in complete and total agreement. I wish she would have saved that for a story from Jacobs p.o.v. The same goes for the chapter with Leah.... I could have done without it, in this particular book...

My favorite chapter is when they discuss the "benefits" of him obtaining THE BED. ;)
furrynfun
Settled in Forks

Post by furrynfun »

Twilight-
Favorite-Mind Over Matter
Least Favorite-The whole time when shes planning to meet James and when she ditches Alice and Jasper

New Moon-
Favorite-Visitor because if Alice hadnt come Bella would have done something really stupid to hear Edwards voice
Least Favorite-Stitches becuase Edward has no reason to feel bad its no his fault

Eclipse-
Favorite-I like it when Bella punches Jacob and brakes her hand and Edward gets mad at Jacob
Least Favorite-Anytime Bella was in La Push with Jacob alone

Breaking Daws
Favorite-I like the whole beginning (the wedding planning and the wedding)
Least Favorite-The rest of part 1
cullensallovamybinda
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
Location: Owning the candy store. Watching *drooling* over Emmetts BonBon's with Shannon!! :P yumm<3

Post by cullensallovamybinda »

^ i agree with the eclipse part ( darn you jake) *waves her fist* but BD naww how can you not kind of like the honeymoon i no that some people didnt find it enough but you have to love it deep down :)
FrontLoaderTrainee~EDC.INC lets break down some houses
The Red Jell-O Reinforcementsvs.Emmett's Undiesvs.The Cotton Candy Revolutionists Jell-O Wars of '09
KAT IS MY TWI TWIN
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Now that I've re-read the series and have actually taken the time, my answers differ from my first post.

Least Favorite: When Jake is so hurt by Bella's rejection of love (not the love that he has for her) and Jake takes off and runs as a warewolf/shapeshifter. Jacob is one of my favorite characters after Emmett and to think of him hurting so much was just sad. I think that it was difficult because he's so young and the unrequited love theme is a hard thing.

Favorite Part: I think it's when Alice ends up returning in BD with the other half humans-vamps and everyone is so excited to see her. I think I think of Alice as part of the Cullens from the start and that Carlisle changed her. She is so dedicated to her family and BF that she's willing to let them think that she's left them forever.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
MagnoliasNSunshine
Wandering Through Town

Post by MagnoliasNSunshine »

skylarblue wrote:Now that I've re-read the series and have actually taken the time, my answers differ from my first post.
Favorite Part: I think it's when Alice ends up returning in BD with the other half humans-vamps and everyone is so excited to see her. I think I think of Alice as part of the Cullens from the start and that Carlisle changed her. She is so dedicated to her family and BF that she's willing to let them think that she's left them forever.
TRUE!!!! After you read and then re-read (and then re-read...it's a never ending cycle) Didn't you just want to cheer outloud for Alice's return?! That whole scene with Bella learning to control her protection to surround those she loved... and then Alex's and Jane's reaction... FABULOUS!!!!
eternitys_charm
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by eternitys_charm »

My favorite part in the whole series is: (im a sap) the wedding scene.
and the final battle, they're a tie.

least favorite: in eclipse, the whole werewolf story, i thought it was boring. or maybe its just because i dont like the werewolves haha
Banner and avie made by me for my story.
Please Read it: http://twilightarchives.com/viewstory.p ... 40&index=1