The Third Table

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Re: The Third Table

Post by MRK »

December wrote:
MRK wrote:ps what the heck is TUGMP
Twilight Universe General Philosophical Musings thread.

(I can't spell...).
Oh my good gracious...sorry I asked lol...that makes my head hurt just thinking about what you all are doing in there!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

LOL, it's not that scary! Honest. Right, December? :D We just tend to take things a little seriously and like to dig deep into the nuisances of the TW saga. Kinda like holding holding the prism to the light and seeing the pretty colors. Check it out. You know you want to... :twisted:
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

My MIL is reading the series for the first time, and she is a little annoyed at Bella for choosing to be a vampire. She doesn't think she'll have much of a life...sitting back and watching her family die from a distance...Now I understand why Bellas doing it, and it makes total sense to me...I was wondering what all of you thought...

Who has the better deal Vampires or Humans?
Would you have chosen to stay human or would you have gone vamp?
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

Hi everybody! Sorry for my long absence but life is pretty busy for me at the moment...

MRK your question is really a tough one. It's fascinating the idea of being immortal, of having all the time in your life to travel, read, listen to new kinds of music, learn new things each days but...would it be meaningful in the end? I mean, we usually do things for a purpose, that is definitely to grow, for the good or the bad. I'm taking Irish dancing classes, though I'm a total wreck at it, just because it's something I'd like to learn, something that warms my heart and makes me happy. Would it be the same if I knew I had all the time in the world to learn it? I feel like being a vampire, apart from the cool superhero stuff, doesn't hold anything really valuable. I think time - our limited human time - makes us appreciate what we have and long for what we don't have. So, I guess I'd stay human...

Obviouslly, if the question were: would you choose a mortal life or an endless life with Edward or Jasper?...well, that changes everything :mrgreen:
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

dimber wrote:Hi everybody! Sorry for my long absence but life is pretty busy for me at the moment...

MRK your question is really a tough one. It's fascinating the idea of being immortal, of having all the time in your life to travel, read, listen to new kinds of music, learn new things each days but...would it be meaningful in the end? I mean, we usually do things for a purpose, that is definitely to grow, for the good or the bad. I'm taking Irish dancing classes, though I'm a total wreck at it, just because it's something I'd like to learn, something that warms my heart and makes me happy. Would it be the same if I knew I had all the time in the world to learn it? I feel like being a vampire, apart from the cool superhero stuff, doesn't hold anything really valuable. I think time - our limited human time - makes us appreciate what we have and long for what we don't have. So, I guess I'd stay human...

Obviouslly, if the question were: would you choose a mortal life or an endless life with Edward or Jasper?...well, that changes everything :mrgreen:
I was thinking that as well...does being immortal devalue life? Everything we think is precious is considered precious because we know in the end, it will be fleeting. Does that mean Vampires value things less?

*and I totally agree...I wouldn't think twice if it was so I could be with Edward forever*
Alcyone
Has More Hidden Talents Than Aro

Post by Alcyone »

dimber wrote:Obviouslly, if the question were: would you choose a mortal life or an endless life with Edward or Jasper?...well, that changes everything :mrgreen:
That would result in an immediate "hell no" from me. I much prefer death.
Set by *cullens & converse | AB Type
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Alcyone wrote:
dimber wrote:Obviouslly, if the question were: would you choose a mortal life or an endless life with Edward or Jasper?...well, that changes everything :mrgreen:
That would result in an immediate "hell no" from me. I much prefer death.
lol...what if Aro offered you immortality along with all the foosball you could handle? Then would you give up your human life?
Alcyone
Has More Hidden Talents Than Aro

Post by Alcyone »

Is Anna Sulpicia out of the picture?
Set by *cullens & converse | AB Type
Ouisa
Taking over the world and making it pretty!

Post by Ouisa »

Of course Sulpica is. Anna dispatched her a long time ago.
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Alcyone wrote:Is Anna Sulpicia out of the picture?

It'd be just you and Aro in oniony skinned bliss...would you do it?