College Applications

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
a_n_n_a
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: College Applications

Post by a_n_n_a »

I just submitted an Extracurriculars part for an application and am currently working on fine tuning one of my essays. Then I will have two done with three to go. A lot of the parts for the other three are already kind of mapped out in my head. Before December 1st I will have all of my application stuff done though =]
ImageImageImage
shananimal
Settled in Forks

Post by shananimal »

i haven't taken the ACTs, do you think that will hinder my acceptance? especially since my SAT scores sucked? haha, ah, why cant they reply immediately after you apply- the wait is killing me!
ive only been able to apply to three schools, my major is so specific i can either go really close to home or very far away from home, but in the end, its the tuition cost that will decide for me
Jessalyn118
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Jessalyn118 »

I have taken a NAT last week..
the result will be mailed on the first week of January..
well, I'm kinda positive about it..
medicine related stuffs interest me a lot.. :D
"It's all about who you know"

"In that case, i hope you enjoy disappointment"

Edward Cullen

JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

ugh I remember college applications...my best advice is to apply for early admission (usually means getting your application in early) and fill out any and all financial aid forms...even if your parents are paying for it they'll appreciate the break...FAFSA especially...good luck to all who are applying...I'll be applying for law school admission soon so I feel your pain on the essays!
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

So I'd like some advice please.
I'm a junior this year and have taken 3 years of math, up until pre-cal. Do I really need a fourth year of math? I am going to take all AP and honors classes next year and am taking only AP and honors classes this year and am getting A's and some B's in all of them.
And then lastly, if I don't take math, would it be better to have a fourth year of spanish or would be taking honors psychology be fine too? Would it matter too much to a college whether or not I take 4 years of a language?
Thanks to anyone who can help me. The guidance counselors at my school aren't very helpful. :|
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

What are you interested in studying in college? If it is something related to science then go for the fourth year of math. Or if you are interested in psychology taking that would be good. I think you need to consider what you are hoping to study in school when you pick between your classes, it will look good to the schools you apply to if you have dabbled a bit in what it is you want to do at their institution...
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

I want to major in English. But for now all I'm really worried about is getting into college.
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

where do you want to go to school?
a_n_n_a
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by a_n_n_a »

debussygirl wrote:So I'd like some advice please.
I'm a junior this year and have taken 3 years of math, up until pre-cal. Do I really need a fourth year of math? I am going to take all AP and honors classes next year and am taking only AP and honors classes this year and am getting A's and some B's in all of them.
And then lastly, if I don't take math, would it be better to have a fourth year of spanish or would be taking honors psychology be fine too? Would it matter too much to a college whether or not I take 4 years of a language?
Thanks to anyone who can help me. The guidance counselors at my school aren't very helpful. :|
Three years of math is usually fine, especially if you're not interested in math it should be okay. The fact that you're up to pre-calc is helpful, too.

And it's good that you're getting As and Bs in your honors and AP classes. Don't stress about getting Bs if you are. Colleges would rather see a B in a harder class than an A+ in a super easy class.

I'm really big on taking foreign languages in high school, that's just a personal opinion. Also, many schools like at least 3 years of language. The fourth year is usually pretty nice. I know for the University of Wisconsin Madison, which is quite a good school, they like four years of foreign language. Schools of that level and beyond definitely like to see foreign languages.
ImageImageImage
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

Thanks for the advice everyone. :)
I've decided to not take math and take honors psychology, then will prepare to take the AP test.
Oh, and a_n_n_a, on a side note I love your avvie and banners. :lol: Love the office!