Ways to convince others to read Twilight

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
DarkAngel
Settled in Forks

Re: Ways to convince others to read Twilight

Post by DarkAngel »

This worked for me:
Whenever i talked about Twilight I compared the characters or situations to the anime movie i know she likes a lot. It took me a while, but it did work - and now we both squeel like obsessed fangirls if we see a shiny silver volvo drive past!
If I had to choose between breathing and loving u, i would use my last breathe to say I love you...
J <3 B
JackyO
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by JackyO »

Hmm...My sister just got hooked on Twilight, but not because of me, just because she's heard so much about it. So she asked me to borrow my copy (which she still has :evil: ) But, she finally read it, and is now as in love with it as I am (but not really LOL) right now she's reading new moon, and when she's done, she'll give me the copy, so I'll have all 4 books. *is very excited* for adivce...just be nice when you ask them to read. I mean, if they really don't want to read it, they don't have to, you can't force them. If they do, then that's one more person who has been converted, if not, that's a-okay.
Domo-kun loves you

Could the winter calm come twice?
Because your heart seems so cold tonight...
mrs.jordancullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by mrs.jordancullen »

you can always lock them in your room and only feed them bread and water until they finish........ but youshould just yell, scream and throw a hisst fit until they read it
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

I have actually found that just giving the book to other people works.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
twilighter4eva
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by twilighter4eva »

spookybell wrote:I have actually found that just giving the book to other people works.
^ i have found this works really well in school.
If any of you have a class where you have to read for however long that class is, and have to have a book for class...
Well, a lot of people are going to forget their book at one point. I give them Twilight :D I'm mean, I know.

Everyone I gave it to came back asking me for New Moon. :D
"Uh, I had an adrenaline rush. It's very common. You can google it."- Edward

"How do we even know she's Italian? Her name's Bella."
vampirechick101
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by vampirechick101 »

spookybell wrote:I have actually found that just giving the book to other people works.
really? I tried that sometimes but it never works :?
My friend has Twilight right now...he has had it since like 1 month ago and he's stil in chapter 10 :D
do I read too fast? or is that S L O W!!!!!! :?
JACKHAMMER OPERATOR OF THE EDC! EMMETT'S DEMOLITION CREW WOOT WOOT!
Team Rosalie!~ every rose has it's thorns.
Mimi1=My Twi-Twin
You.Are.Not.Leaving.Me- Ian O'Shea<3 *sigh*
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LilyMorgana »

I didn't have to do anything special to make my best friend read Twilight. I made her read Harry Potter many years ago and then we both developed an obsession with some of those characters and had a lot of fun talking about it. (And impersonating them.) So I guess she now trusts me completely when it comes to books. :)
I also made my sister read the books. I told her the basic story when we were out for a walk. She wasn't impressed at first but then I mentioned the 'special little fact'. "There will be a film and it will have 'Cedric Diggory' in it." :o That did it.
I also might get another friend to read the books. I took him to see the film a few days ago and now he's in love with Edward so he wants to read the books too.
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
CauseofEdwardIlove
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: Longing for Edward...but I will settle for Rob anytime...In Georgia!

Post by CauseofEdwardIlove »

22.FireandIce wrote:Whatever you do DONT tell them that they will look at the their boyfriend and go 'dang, what was i thinking, hes horrible.' yeah that didn't work whatsoever.
Too funny....and TRUE!
Manda
After waiting a lifetime....I have finally fallen in love...Rob I love you!
Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen
Learning to Love Green
Location: In our cottage with Edward "baking", wile Esme babysits Carlie.

Post by Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen »

I got my friends daugher to start reading it because I told her that I liked reading books and we discused what books we both have read and I said I was currently obsessed with a new series called Twilight. She wasn't convinced then but a girl from church currently got hooked on Twilight and she heard us talking about Breaking Dawn. And about the movie and we were talking like giggling school girls that she said she had to read it and see what all the excitement was all about. She asked to borrow my copy of Twilight. Sometimes you just have to act the way you feel about Twilight and that will do the trick either they will think you are crazy or be curious what all the excitement and giggling is all about.
Banner by "'twahy-lahyt'" aka Shel!
Thanks Shel your amazing!!!
#1twi-guy
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by #1twi-guy »

For girls I say their dream guy (or vampire...hehe) is located in the pages of Twilight.
And for guys I say you have to tear a vampire's head off, rip them to shreds, and then burn the pieces to kill them.
And this is their face: :shock:
Hahaha

It usually works more on the girls though, but I'm still glad to recruit! Lol

The original twi-guy.
While people obsess over Edward, I have a thing for Alice. Hehe