General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Noa_sweetpea
Settled in Forks

Re: Jacob and Nessie

Post by Noa_sweetpea »

The whole Jacob imprinting on Nessie thing was just plain freaky. Now I'm not clear on the whole imprinting then but a friend of mine said that they don't have to have a romantic relationship; and I don't think they would because Jacob was in love with Nessie's mom. But aside from that i felt like Jacob needed a bit of a story line of his own. he (and we) needed to know that he could have a very good and happy life without Bella in it. Not that they couldn't still be friends but I do feel he needed a happily ever after that had little (or nothing) to do with Bella.
some see things as they are and ask why. i dream things that never were and ask why not?
winchestersgirl
Settled in Forks

Post by winchestersgirl »

I'm sorry to all those out there who actually like Jacob/Renesme. I think it is disgusting.

It is just creepy. Jacob is in love with Bella. He wants to have kids with her, kisses her. And based on Edward's statement in ECLIPSE, Jacob has strong sexual fantasies about Bella. And what....now Bella chooses Edward and He imprints on her daughter. Jacob will (ONE DAY) be fantasizing about Renesme, much like he did about her mom!? EWWW.

I mean how would you feel if that were you? If you fell for a guy and found out that he was once 'involved' with your mother...... I would not be delighted to be imprinted on 'my perfect match'. I would be repulsed.

And I agree with Andrea S., it seemed far too convenient. I was honestly expected the baby to be a boy, like in Bella's visions, and for Jacob to be killed off. Jacob lost Bella. They wanted to give him a happy ending. Jacob lost Bella to Edward, so Jacob gets her daughter. It seemed like a cop-out. All the characters tied up in a neat little bow, Edward gets Bella and Jacob gets Renesme... everyone gets to live happily ever after. But that makes it even less real. Life never ends happily ever after. COP-OUT. Sorry J/R fans, but I don't think it is sweet. I think is revolting and it ruined the book for me.

my 2 cents.
cataclysm
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by cataclysm »

winchestersgirl wrote:I'm sorry to all those out there who actually like Jacob/Renesme. I think it is disgusting.

snip
And I agree with Andrea S., it seemed far too convenient. I was honestly expected the baby to be a boy, like in Bella's visions, and for Jacob to be killed off. Jacob lost Bella. They wanted to give him a happy ending. Jacob lost Bella to Edward, so Jacob gets her daughter. It seemed like a cop-outthe characters tied up in a neat little bow, Edward gets Bella and Jacob gets Renesme... everyone gets to live happily ever after. But that makes it even less real. Life never ends happily ever after. COP-OUT. snip
Would you have been okay with Bella and Edward dying?
winchestersgirl
Settled in Forks

Post by winchestersgirl »

NO. I would not have been okay with them dying.

Let me clarify. Based on how the story was going, the plot, I was expecting the baby would a boy.

And based on the plotline, I thought that Jacob would have taken off again after the wedding. Be a wolf for awhile and if Meyers continued HIS story that it would be of Jacob off by himself, seperate from the pack. Maybe somewhere down the road, he runs into another wolf-girl or a human girl to connect with. Who knows? Maybe a witch? (Meyers has given us vampire, werewolves, aliens...why not witches?)

When that didn't happen and he stayed and they were gearing up to battle the Volturi, I thought that she was going to kill off Jacob in the end. Especially after the statement he made on the mountain in ECLIPSE, and then jumping in to protect Leah from the newborns....When he imprinted on Renesme (eww), I thought "Ahhh, somehow Nessie will get threatened in the battle and Jacob will rush in to save her and get killed". I was very surprized when he lived.

I just meant that the ending was TOO perfect, TOO neat. No one got hurt. There wasn't even a fight. Everyone got paired off. Happily ever after and all that. Very Disney ending. No losers in love, all winners. Life doesn't work that way. It just felt too convenient.
wishingiwasbella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by wishingiwasbella »

dreamincolor wrote:The Jacob/ Nessie situation is bittersweet for me.

(3) Even though she and Jacob are still friends, Bella still loves him, and still needs time with him- not always with Edward, and through out her pregnacy, Bella needs/wants him.
I think that during this time it was because of the pull of Nessie, he said that after she had him the pull wasn't towards her anymore it was all focused on Nessie.

I love the relationship, I however was a total Jacob/Bella girl from the start, but I guess her daughter is the next best choice. I really hope that SM does continue on with their lives beause both of them actually age, Jake will age whenever he can and he will also live as long as nessie will so there wont be that problem of living longer than your significant other, because Sam isn't aging but Emily is on a daily basis so that's really cool as well.
Juliana<3Jake
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Juliana<3Jake »

Juliana<3Jake wrote:I know a lot of people have called it a plot hole cause SMeyer couldnt find a solution to Jake's problem... But it SOO wasn't!!! If you think about it it was when he imprinted it was like the climax of his story cause all of the events in NM and Eclipse had been leading up to it... But I love Jesse/Nescob/Jacsie!
And I dont know why but I don't see anything creepy that Jake used to have a crush on Bella... lol. I can see why some people say that but it doesn't creepy me out at all.
Jake and Nessie just are and just cause Jake used to like her mom doesnt disturb me. :]

At the end I was balling when Bella had put Nessie on Jake's back and he was about to leave. That was probably the most I've cried in a book. And although I thought it was a BIG cliche when Edward said my son. I just like had to stop reading cause I was crying so hard.
Well that ^^^ is what I think about it!

But I love them. I really do.. and one day Jake and Nessie are gonna fall in love. And get married and have cute little wolfpire (werewolf+vampire..lol) And live happily ever after in thier "small but perfect piece of .. forever." And ever and ever. :]

And SMeyer might even write about it one day. ::fingers crossed::
J<3B
KlutzyGirl
Settled in Forks

Post by KlutzyGirl »

I thought that it was kind of awkward at first. I mean Nessie would grow up hearing funny stuff that Bella and Jake would do. I would feel kind of weird if my mom used to love my boyfriend. But I still think that its sweet and that Jacob kind of still gets to be with Bella and that he can still be in her family.
Sarah-Lynn

Post by Sarah-Lynn »

"Doesn't Claire get a choice here?"
"Of course. But why wouldn't she choose him, in the end?
He'll be her perfect match. Like he was designed for her alone." [/i][/quote]

Ah, ok, I stopped reading the replies here... Yes, I do think that the fact that Jacob and Nessie both have 24 pairs of chromosomes had a part in his imprinting on her... Steph said that there were clues... I have to think that this is one of them. Of course, I didn't catch it the first time I read it; it didn't click until yesterday as I was reading BD for the 2nd time.
After Edward hears the baby in the womb and they are all glowing about it, Jacob feels out of place and leaves. I almost laughed when he was trying to imprint on some random girl! lol Then he says that the best place to find his "genetic match" would be in La Push (pg. 333). Dang it!!! I didn't see it the first read-through! I was so excited to get the book and see how the story ended, that I missed so much in the process! Yes, 24 pairs each = a genetic match!
I was a little weirded-out by the imprinting... I wanted Jacob to get his happy ending, but it was weird to think it was the daughter of his first love... until I read the part last night. I knew from Eclipse that the relationship wouldn't be physical for some years, but it still was a bit weird for me... and I did cry when he described the feeling of imprinting!
Oh- and Nessie will be 18 or 20 in just 7 years' time... NOT an 18 year old in a 7 year old body, right??? There has been speculation about this on blogs and in articles, hence the pedophilia comments-- and I hate writing that, because it's not true, and it's not what Steph intended!! Anyway... Nessie will be physically, emotionally, mentally, and matured at 18 in only 7 years of actual, physical, human time, right?? That is how I interpreted it.
~xStRaWbErRyx~
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by ~xStRaWbErRyx~ »

Jacob and nessie is just gross, creepy and yuck!
The age isn't the worst thing (although it is still not a nice thought that she'll technically be 7 when shes physically matured), but it's cause it's bellas daughter. I don't see how thats a happy ending.
Jacob lost all his free will and development as a character when he imprinted.
And It seems kinda like incest that he'll be acting as a brother/dad/uncle to her when shes a child, and then a lover to her when she's older. Could you imagine dating one of your mom or dads friends thats known you since birth? someone that acted like an uncle to you? gross! and if its someone who used to love your mom its even worse.

It seems that now Edward, Bella, Jacob and nessie are living in an eternal nightmare :?
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

I'm not sure if anyone has thought of this, but if you're a Friends fan something similar happened. Monica dated Richard. Richard had known her since she was younger. He was friends with her parents, yet people seem to be fine with that relationship.

As far as dating someone that was in love with your mom, try looking at it just as another family member. Essentially, when Renesmee reaches maturity, it'll be as if Bella and Renesmee are just family members since they'll be the same physically. And, a lot of people date more than one person in a family. For example, my father-in-law dated my husband's aunt before he started to date his mom. He loved my hubby's aunt, but they broke up. Then, he married my mother-in-law. There was no weird awkwardness there; it just happened. So, if you think of Jacob and Renesmee in that light, it's not so difficult to get passed the supposed awkwardness.
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::