Mirror of Erised

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Mirror of Erised

Post by Pel »

So I have to reread Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone for an English project, and I was reading the section about the Mirror of Erised. I remember reading somewhere that the words carved around the top were the mirror image of 'I show not your face but your heart's desire,' and 'Erised' is simply 'desire.' I was wondering, if you were to look into the Mirror of Erised, what would you see?

I'd probably see myself holding a black book with the word "Eclipse" on the spine Laughing , and perhaps Edward (or someone like him) standing in the background.

What about you?
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Re: Mirror of Erised

Post by Jasper<3 »

I would be standing with Edward Cullen!!!!!! But if thet werent it I would be my whole family together and healthy and stuff-alot of my family members have cancer and stuff. I hope its not hereditary :shock:
List, Gnat ♥
eternitys_charm
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by eternitys_charm »

I would most likely see myself with both my parents happily together with my little sis, too :)
i've truly only wanted that since i was 7
Banner and avie made by me for my story.
Please Read it: http://twilightarchives.com/viewstory.p ... 40&index=1
Crooked_Rose
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Crooked_Rose »

I would see myself standing onstage singing a duet with a beautiful man...and then the curtain would fall and people would be cheering.

Wow, really lame lol
Back to the Sun. Back to the shore. Back to what I was before.

*Under Construction*
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

I would probably see myself and my ex talking to each other and just being friends. I want that more than anything. :(
and I would see Edward ditching Bella for me. :D
and I would see my ex-English teacher who was the greatest person to ever walk this earth alive and well.

and I would probably see the Twilight saga in hardback from every characters point of view on my bookshelf. :D

and i like this smiley: :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
Elena Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Elena Cullen »

I would see myself in a warm looking cozy type room surrounded by books and a REALLY good sterio and music collection with my best friend, and Alec (heheh...my twi-incorp) with Edward playing the Piano (hopeless romantic, eh?) with NO hw, just spare time :D or maybe, best yet...FINISHED HW! oh, and a collection of really challenging, pretty songs with good lyrics to learn (maybe with me as accompaniment <haha> for edward?) :lol:
RajaniArchana
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by RajaniArchana »

I would probably see myself standing with one person who really loves me for me. greatest wish ever ;)

Team Sirius: Because the greatest love is sacrifice
Team Garrett: Because true love is *electrifying*

Anzo/\Shisana--Jesse/Leslie--Harry&Ginny/\Ron&Hermione
Conzoni al vento

Post by Conzoni al vento »

I was watching Pirates of the Carribbean today and was wondering what the compass would point to. I guess it's the same question as this though...

I really don't know what i want most in life.
I guess i would be standing on the greek shores with a husband and a bunch of adopted children. Really nothing too major or exciting. Maybe what i want most is just to have a happy life. =]

Not that i dont want to do some crazy things cuz ohho i DO
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

If I were to look into the Mirror of Erised, I'd probably see one of the following:

1. A visualization of me being as happy as I can ever be.
2. My husband and me with a couple of kids and our cats.
3. Ewan McGregor and me. :twisted:
4. Edward Cullen and me.
5. The world of Twilight being a reality with me as a member of the Cullen family.
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
StupidxLamb
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by StupidxLamb »

I would see myself as a successful, educated business woman with a man who loves me passionately. I don't want to marry just because I am ready to settle down with someone. I want the flames to ignite! Cheesy, yes, but that's what I would see. :P
Team Edward
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world because they'd never expect it"-Jack Handy