Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Jazziscool
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Demetri

Post by Jazziscool »

When I think about Demetri, i'm like "Uuurgh, everyone stab him", waiting tobe dazzled metioned him liking to kill. Totally. Plus, my disliking to him is nothing personal, but I don't want him to make the Volturi so strong, and be able to trace down Alice and Jasper. :evil: So, since he has the potential to kill Jasper(who has been trying to hard to be GOOD) and wanting ot hurt ALICE Bella could block HIS mind from EVERYONE ELSE. I feel like i'm ranting. :lol: :roll:

Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Supervisor of the DBJ:Donating Blood to Jasper & Co.
italiangirl1577
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by italiangirl1577 »

Maybe it's just me, but I think the name 'Demetri' sounds like a total vampire name. Like, I've seen four vampire films, and in every one, there was this vampire named Demetri. I don't know, that's just a name that I would, upon hearing it, say "Vampire!"
Jane V

Post by Jane V »

italiangirl1577 wrote:Maybe it's just me, but I think the name 'Demetri' sounds like a total vampire name. Like, I've seen four vampire films, and in every one, there was this vampire named Demetri. I don't know, that's just a name that I would, upon hearing it, say "Vampire!"
haha! i know what you mean! i've seen a couple movies with "Demetri" vampires in them. i think it's a pretty good name for a vampire.

ok, this is a little off-topic, but i found out that Demetri is a greek name and it means "gift from Demeter". (Demeter was goddess of the harvest in ancient greek mythology in case you were wondering.) i don't know...i just found that odd :?
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you
moon.cherry.twilite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by moon.cherry.twilite »

I think that the name "Demetri" comes from "Demetrius", which comes from "Demeter" (which is a feminine name, by the way). It's a Greek name. Demetri alone doesn't mean anything.
OMDE= Oh My Dazzling Edward
OMHJ= Oh My Hot Jacob
GO HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4364852/1/Y ... h_Twilight

DumBumm

Post by DumBumm »

It does sound like a Vampire name... I think it's one of the best.
Is their a guy in "interview with a vampire" that is named Demetri? i haven't seen it in a long time.

italiangirl1577 --- I love your Signature, that picture is AWESOME!! :D :D
I just finished making a Jane picture... it's like she's on fire, while on the stake. :)
Jane V

Post by Jane V »

moon.cherry.twilite wrote:I think that the name "Demetri" comes from "Demetrius", which comes from "Demeter" (which is a feminine name, by the way). It's a Greek name. Demetri alone doesn't mean anything.
yeah, that's right. but they're basically the same name. i looked it up on some name-meaning website and that's what came up.

Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you
BreathelessVampire
Fishing with Charlie

Post by BreathelessVampire »

Jane V wrote:
moon.cherry.twilite wrote:I think that the name "Demetri" comes from "Demetrius", which comes from "Demeter" (which is a feminine name, by the way). It's a Greek name. Demetri alone doesn't mean anything.
yeah, that's right. but they're basically the same name. i looked it up on some name-meaning website and that's what came up.
Demetri sounds very russian/ german to me. Haha
Team Edward. Team Jasper. Team Alice. Team Emmett
Because they are just plain sexy.

Trainee at Emmett's Demolition Crew

Member of Donating Blood To Jasper&Co.
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

I think the name is used in the Disney movie of Anastasia, so yeah, I think its a Russian name.
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
murtaghgirl
Settled in Forks

Post by murtaghgirl »

I think we can't really judge if he's good or bad from what we've read in the books for obvious reasons but I like him, he seems to be quiet, I immedeately associated him with Jasper's character for the same reasons you give here and I was also nearly screaming NOOO!! when Edward wanted to kill him... I really think he's quite attractive if you ask me. Here's a question would anyone know where I could find a picture that would give me an idea of what Demitri looks like? Anyone posted or found anything that they think looks like him?

I also wonder what Aro would do if Demitri fell inlove...I actually want to see Demitri join tht Cullen's for some reason...
Jane V

Post by Jane V »

^well, i can't provide a picture as to what he looks like, but Bella describes him as tall, lean, obviously pale, with red eyes, with black hair that curls/waves to his shoulders.

that's how i picture him too :D