Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
amulaya
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Chapter 3 ~ Motives

Post by amulaya »

1. What sci-fi book do you think Renee found so good? Possibly, The Host? Recommend a good Sci-Fi book?
Possibly The Host!

2. Did you catch on right away as to why Jacob was calling?
No, I thought it was to check if she was still human.

3. Were you surprised to learn of the altercation between Emmett and Paul? Who do you feel was at fault?
I think Paul needs to control his temper a little better. Ok, A LOT better.

4. Compare Bella's relationship with Charlie in chapter 2 to her relationship with Renee in chapter 3.
Renee is her mom. She was raised by her. Of course she has a better relationship with Renee.

5. Come up with a plane crash scenario for Edward to try and think his way out of.
The controls are not working, the engines are out, and there is no way that Bella could survive a "jump" to safety.
"So, who's gonna catch me a grizzly bear?" - Bella
jovialmadness
Settled in Forks

Post by jovialmadness »

1. What sci-fi book do you think Renee found so good? Possibly, The Host? Recommend a good Sci-Fi book?
Hadn't thought of that, so it's possible!

I actually didn't and I was rather disappointed with myself as his phrasing should have tipped me off.

3. Were you surprised to learn of the altercation between Emmett and Paul? Who do you feel was at fault?
lol Not at all actually; they're both just looking for a fight and Paul is so quick tempered. I don't think either was at fault, they sort of negate one another by letting it get out of hand.

4. Compare Bella's relationship with Charlie in chapter 2 to her relationship with Renee in chapter 3.
Clearly Renee would see things Charlie wouldn't. First she's her mom and raised her, and second, I think women are more attuned to relationship stuff.

5. Come up with a plane crash scenario for Edward to try and think his way out of.
lol I think he could cover anything and I loved the book sceneario too much.
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

1. What sci-fi book do you think Renee found so good? Possibly, The Host? Recommend a good Sci-Fi book? Byahahaha... The Host!

2. Did you catch on right away as to why Jacob was calling? No, I realized it when Bella did.

3. Were you surprised to learn of the altercation between Emmett and Paul? Who do you feel was at fault? I wasn't surprised; finally we know why Edward was adamant about getting Bella out of Forks, and what Alice saw. Let me just say that I don't like Jake in this chapter; he was being a bit of a jerk here.

4. Compare Bella's relationship with Charlie in chapter 2 to her relationship with Renee in chapter 3.Gah, no more essay questions, please... :evil:

5. Come up with a plane crash scenario for Edward to try and think his way out of. No thanks... Edward is perfect; he'll find a way out of anything.
mistytwilight85
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by mistytwilight85 »

1. What sci-fi book do you think Renee found so good?:

Ummmm.... no idea really. I don't read too much sci-fi.

2. Did you catch on right away as to why Jacob was calling?:

No. I found out when Bella did. I really had no clue what jake wanted.

I wasn't really too surprised. Paul is an idiot with an anger management problem, and Emmet loves to fight, so it was just a matter of when and where. Paul was totally at fault. He needs to watch his temper. Atleast Emmet can control himself. He didn't mean to land on paul, he was chasing Victoria.

I think Bella and Renees is more of an open relationship, they can talk to each other about anything. Her mom lived with her the longest so Renee really knows Bella alot more than Charlie does, although Charlie and Bellas relationship is growing stronger all the time. Plus the whole girl thing. Guys never understand that kind of stuff lol and they don't notice as much either. :lol:

5. Come up with a plane crash scenario for Edward to try and think his way out of:

I can't compete with the book scenario lol, but maybe the plane can crash over water, and Edward and Bella can re-enact the whole Titantic scene. lmao Then he can swim her to shore lol. *yeah that's all I got lol I really have no imagination*
CullenLove
Settled in Forks

Post by CullenLove »

Not really into Sci-Fi books.

Sort of, but not quite.

Definitely Paul because he has anger issues.

Renee and Bella's relationship are very strong. They can tell everything to each other. And Charlie, Bella doesn't really feel very comfortable with him.

Edward and Bella will just get out of the plane and hopefully there will be a tree that Edward can jump onto. Then, Edward can just run with Bella on his back.
What if I'm not the hero?
What if I'm the bad guy?
slayerchick303
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by slayerchick303 »

Hmmm... Maybe the Dune Series. I haven't read the series personally, but I thought I remembered reading that the books are the most popular science fiction books in the world.

I thought Bella's assumption was right. I really thought Jacob was "checking" to see if she was still human. I guess I was wrong.

I was not surprised. I tend to believe that it was probably Paul's fault. Paul has such a vivid and uncontrolled temper that I am inclined to think he instigated the fight from overreacting so quickly.

Charlie loves Bella so much but is not particularly astute. I think Renee is so childlike that she sees things most people would miss. I think Charlie may even love and respect Bella more in a different way because he knows that she is not his mother and therefore shouldn't have to "take-care" of him like Bella has to "take-care" of Renee. I think it is probably better for Bella to stay in Forks so she can... I know this will sound odd... but so she can live a relatively normal childhood compared to the mature role she needed to play with Renee.

The airplane starts to shake and plummet to the ground. The plane is very high in the sky drops so quickly that the cabin pressure drops dramatically and almost instantly. This causes Bella and the rest of the passengers to be unable to breathe, but none of the oxygen masks are dropping from the ceiling! More and more time is passing and Bella is starting to turn blue and pass-out from lack of oxygen. Edward knows that he can wrap his body around Bella to protect her from the majority of the damage caused by the crash, but she hasn't been breathing for a long time now...
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B
_SteF_
Settled in Forks

Post by _SteF_ »

Don't really have one in mind.

Yes mostly.

I shoulda seen it coming judging from their personalities. Both were at fault.. too much testosterone mixed in with their supernatural instincts.

Charlie and bella have a more unspoken love and care in their relationship. And renee and Bella have a tell all u feel relationship. Almost complete opposite.

I enjoyed Edwards take on that far too much to change it lol.
KaylaMarieBlack7
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by KaylaMarieBlack7 »

It would probably be a Stephan King book. He writes some really good books. I couldn't get into The Host, so I don't really know how it turns out.

Yes. I pretty much thought that he was going to show up at the school to talk to her.

Yes. Paul seems to have a huge temper. And Emmett is the strong one. But when Edward says it was No mans land i pretty much believe him.

Bellas relationship with Charlie isnt that open. They can't talk about much. She tried hard to not get mad at him, like when they talked about going to see Renee. With Renee, Bella seems a lot more comforable talking to her.

Im not good with making things up lol.
I ♥ Jacob Black.
Ever since New Moon. =]
lag28wa
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lag28wa »

Oh wow, I don't know. It could be the host. Maybe Hunger Games? Let's see, I can't recommend a good sci-fi book because I haven't read many, but I here Charlaine Harris is excellent, I am reading her books next.

No, actually I didn't. At first I thought he just wanted to talk to her. Then when he asked about her being at school the next day I thought he wanted to see her. I didn't get that he was checking to see if she was still human until Bella realized it. And I didn't realize that Jacob was really looking to talk to Edward until she realized that either. Haha.

I was a little surprised! I automatically assumed that Paul was more at fault if I had to assign blame. Emmett likes to fight and all but he doens't seem nearly as impulsive and hot headed as Paul does. So I thought that if anyone has instigated it would be more likely Paul than Emmett.

You can definitely tell that Bella is more comfortable with her mother when it comes to personal things. I feel like Bella and her mom have been "friends" for a very long time, so they are both very comfortable with each other obviously. Its not always good to be nothing but "friends" with your parents though. I think its good that Charlie provides more parenting, even though its sometimes to Bella's chagrin, there's no doubt that he does things that he does because of his unending love as her father. I admire Charlie, I think he tries really hard with Bella and a lot of times he's a little clueless but I thing his relationship with Bella is great. She has a major soft spot for him, though they may not be close "friends" her love for him is easy to see.

Haha, I thought Bella's was pretty good. I don't know if there is anything else I could come up with! How about, the pilots are actually chimpanzees, the engines have exploded, the plane is plummenting toward earth and breaks up into a million pieces some 20,000 feet from the earth.
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium
Riddalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Riddalyn »

The only sci-fi books I've ever read have been for school, so naturally I have rejected them. So I really don't know (I still haven't read The Host....)

I thought I did. I thought the same as Bella... that he was calling to make sure. Of Bella's humanity, that is.

I wasn't surprised.. they both like fighting way too much. I don't feel anybody was at fault... it was just a misunderstanding. (I'm a big, huge chunk of Switzerland here)

Charlie obviously loves and cares for his daughter, but is less outspoken about it. He wants to make her happy and he tries to be accommodating the best he can, while still keeping his head from exploding (quietly, of course. Charlie doesn't make scenes). Renee sees things that most people would miss... and I think that's because she has such a childish mind. Children are very observant. I think this makes Bella uncomfortable, but that much closer to her mother.

FUN!
Um.... let's see....
The wings have fallen off, along with the fin and the nose. They're falling quickly and the cabin has become very pressurized, and Bella (not to mention everyone else) can't breathe. Not to mention, they're right over the open ocean, many miles away from land or food (for Bella). It would take him a very long time to swim to shore, if he can get her to breathe. (Oh, I feel a little guilty about writing all that.)
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT