Character Discussion Forum

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Cocoa

Jacob Black Past, Present and Future

Post by Cocoa »

A philisophical discussion on the character Jacob Black.
IrishTea
Settled in Forks

Re: Jacob Black Past, Present and Future

Post by IrishTea »

I wished more for Jacob than what was given to him in Breaking Dawn. Instead of imprinting on Nessie, I wished he imprinted on someone else (but that's a whole different topic). Nessie will be lucky though - he's very loving
thanks to dmscranton & tushtush
cataclysm
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by cataclysm »

IrishTea wrote:I wished more for Jacob than what was given to him in Breaking Dawn. Instead of imprinting on Nessie, I wished he imprinted on someone else (but that's a whole different topic). Nessie will be lucky though - he's very loving

I'm okay with him imprinting on Nessie, I just hope SM gives us more on how their relationship develops. And you're right, she is lucky.
Madeline410
Settled in Forks

Post by Madeline410 »

I have to agree. I love Jake. I knew that Bella and Edward would end up together, so I am so glad Jake imprinted so he can truly be happy with someone besides Bella. I wish he didn't imprint on her daughter though because I feel like I won't be able to enjoy Jacob and Bella's relationship throughout the series as much as I did before I read BD. I mean picture the kiss scene at the end of Eclipse... how can that mean the same to me now that I know he is kissing his future mother-in-law? LOL! gross.
wishingiwasbella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by wishingiwasbella »

I love the Nessie/Jake romance. However I do with that it gave us more of background on him family. I wanna know what happened to his mother, or how his father got in a wheel chair (i'm not sure it might mention it I don't remember). Or more background of the wolf gang and things.
Juliana<3Jake
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Juliana<3Jake »

Haha! That would make a great Movie.

Jacob Black the Werewolf: Past, Present and Future.
I would totally see it! :]

Twilight Jake: Oh my gosh! I was like I hate hate hate this kid! He has this stupid little crush on Bella. He doesn't have a chance in hell with her! Edward is amazing who would ever leave him for this dumb 12-yr old! haha. (yes i hated him with a deep passion. i have now seen the errors of my ways.. Team Jake! woot!)

New Moon Jake: Was definitely my favorite Jake book! Mostly because that was where is character developed and I fell in love with him (hence my name). And it also showed him as a layered and complex character that you could relate to (werewolf or not..).

Eclipse Jake: This is the book where I totally pictured him as the TOTALLY HOTT Steven Strait! haha. This book was so much fun to read. The tent scene: GENIUS! Probably one of my favorite moments ever in the Twilight Saga. The kissing scene: amazing. That basically sums up Eclipse Jake: Amazing.

Breaking Dawn Jake: hmm don't want to go into too much detail. But I loved him. His book: my favorite part by FAR! I love that he's not perfect and he knows it! And him breaking away from the pack: INCREDIBLE. My heart was pounding. That was Jake in all of his hott manly-ness when he became alpha! :twisted:

But I loved him and renesmee. I didn't see it as a plot hole at all.. more like a climax to his and Bella's relationship from the past books. And I did not think it was creepy AT ALL! It would be if he saw her in "that way" but he doesn't and for all you people that see it that way.. I can see why you think that. But I do not totally grasp it. haha.
I LOVED all the the Jacsie scenes. I wish there was more of them. (without Rosalie to interrupt them.. :p)

Not sure if that was a "philosophical discussion" post but..
TEAM JAKE: past present and future. haha. :]
J<3B
museicalking
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by museicalking »

jacob...well in twilight, he seemed like a brother you would want and seeing the way bella is- he cant prevent but have a highschool crush on her, he was just a character in twilight. in NM he was a-may-ziing!! he is awesome- funny and ;) , but i did bother me that bella hurt him sooo much toward the end. in eclipse we saw he can control himself in his anger issues, and was very-slick?- with bella. in BD, he showed his compassion toward her, the man-liness in his own pack and wicked personality with the blonde jokes :lol: . when he imprinted on renesmee, it kind of creeped me out, i mean how would you feel if a guy you loved and kissed with such passion... wind up mesmerized and loving your daughter!!! like their first kiss- imagine the eclipse scene; not bella but renesmee and that's what the parents are going to imagine. im hoping bella will let go..... :oops:
Team Emmett- EDC, Inc. Emmett Demolition Crew.
Team Rosalie- Every Rose has its Thorns
Team Alice- Seeing the Future Since 1901
<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3
heartscreams
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by heartscreams »

after reading BD, i really like Jacob. alot. what i really love about Jacob is his humour, and his thoughts on himself. i especially like the part when he imprinted on Nessie, and when Bella found out. and yes, i definitely enjoyed Book 2 of BD! and i also like how he gave Leah's a chance and his sarcasms to everyone, especially Rosalie! hahaah, the blonde jokes.

Jake in Twilight was sweet. because he had his first crush on Bella and he's just normal and shy. not be annoying, definitely. haha! then came New Moon, which i'm not so fond of him. hahah! he was so pushy and somewhat mean to Bella. okay, i do love the part where they were riding their bikes in the forest. that's it. other than that, i don't really like him in New Moon.

Eclipse, i like him a little there. he was teasing Bella so much that it's hilarious, but not as annoying as he was in New Moon. he was attractive, not in a physical way. and also how he uses words on Edward, and not caring much about that. okay, okay, i have to say though, i really do enjoy his sarcasms on everyone. now does my post makes sense? hahah!
starmie_alice_holter
Wandering Through Town
Location: Hoping Cookie Monster does not find Edward's jacket in the closet...

Post by starmie_alice_holter »

In Twilight, I thought he was just some minor character whose only purpose was to inform Bella about the Cullens....hahahahaha. I couldn't have been more wrong!!!!!! But, I'm glad I was. He was an awesome character. I sort of liked him from the start and each book made me like him more. Jake is the kind of guy I would want to be my best friend. And Quil. And Embry. Maybe Jared. Definitely Seth...
"I won't take back my word. That's my way of the ninja."- Uzumaki Naruto.

It just kills me that we here in the little Caribbean are not able to get our grubby little paws on any of that cool Twilight stuff....Hark! Shall I survive?...
starmie_alice_holter
Wandering Through Town
Location: Hoping Cookie Monster does not find Edward's jacket in the closet...

Post by starmie_alice_holter »

In Twilight, I thought he was just some minor character whose only purpose was to inform Bella about the Cullens....hahahahaha. I couldn't have been more wrong!!!!!! But, I'm glad I was. He was an awesome character. I sort of liked him from the start and each book made me like him more. Jake is the kind of guy I would want to be my best friend. And Quil. And Embry. Maybe Jared. Definitely Seth...
"I won't take back my word. That's my way of the ninja."- Uzumaki Naruto.

It just kills me that we here in the little Caribbean are not able to get our grubby little paws on any of that cool Twilight stuff....Hark! Shall I survive?...