Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Re: Jacob Black

Post by Wingtear »

Nessie_08 wrote:If you're going to get all worked up about age differences, look at Edward and Bella!
Well, their born in the same century at least, look at Carlisle and Esme... now they're a few hundred years apart...
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
MagnoliasNSunshine
Wandering Through Town

Post by MagnoliasNSunshine »

Nessie_08 wrote:
holdingoutforjacob wrote:ummm he wasn't attracted to her eggs. that's not how that worked.
exactly. Ugh, I hate it when people assume Jacob was some kinda freaky pedophile or something. IT'S NOT LIKE THAT!!! (I'm talking to YOU, Lioness Rampant!)

No No... Maybe I didn't word it correctly... What I mean is that while he loved Bella, maybe the reason he couldn't leave was because there was a part of her that even he didn't understand his need for. I think that if the draw (need?) wasn't there, that there would have been a chance for him to not continue returning to her. I think that eventually he would have found the strength to let her go. Not LITERALLY that he was after what would become Nessie.
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

Nessie_08 wrote:
holdingoutforjacob wrote:ummm he wasn't attracted to her eggs. that's not how that worked.
exactly. Ugh, I hate it when people assume Jacob was some kinda freaky pedophile or something. IT'S NOT LIKE THAT!!! (I'm talking to YOU, Lioness Rampant!)
hey hey hey, geez. if you don't like other people's opinions, deal with it. you don't have to yell at her. besides, no one said anything about jake being a pedo anyways. and it is LIKE that, in some ways to me. Nessie is part of it, she has been from the begining.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

You know, it's funny how so many people saw this whole imprinting issue as some sort of perverted/pedophile thing. I never could understand how people could see it that way, especially if they really read Eclipse and Jacob explains what imprinting is and how it works. I don't know - whatever.

I certainly understood it and found nothing wrong with the whole sha-bam. When Jacob explained about Quil imprinting on Claire and Quil only wants her to be safe and happy and when she grows up the whole dynamic would change in their relationship. Bella did ask if Claire had a choice in this and Jacob replied "Of course, but why would she choose anyone else?"

It is the same thing with Jacob & Renesmee. She already has a special connection with him too. Bella even recognized this in BD when she tasted a new emotion - not protectiveness but possessiveness from Renesmee when Bella attacked Jacob. And Edward remarked that he was impressed with Jacob not 'reacting' to the fact that Renesmee would be fully grown in 6 1/2 yrs and Bella said that Jacob does not see Renesmee in 'that way' he just wants her to be safe and happy.

I'm cool with that. 8-)

I'm jumping all over the place - please excuse me, my brain goes a wee bit faster than my typing. :D
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
spicey16
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by spicey16 »

can the girl that is imprinted upon decide to not choose the wolf??? what would happen then? or is there some sort of pull that also connects her to him, like destiny?? i think there has to be something pulling her too..
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

spicey16 wrote:can the girl that is imprinted upon decide to not choose the wolf??? what would happen then? or is there some sort of pull that also connects her to him, like destiny?? i think there has to be something pulling her too..

I'm sure there's also a pull there for her. Just like Emily for Sam. I mean otherwise why would Emily stay with Sam when she knew it would hurt Leah. I think it's uncontrollable.

I hope SM would answer these questions with a new set of series of books from either Nessie or Jacob's POV.
waiting tobe dazzled
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by waiting tobe dazzled »

spicey16 wrote:can the girl that is imprinted upon decide to not choose the wolf??? what would happen then? or is there some sort of pull that also connects her to him, like destiny?? i think there has to be something pulling her too..
Didn't Jacob say that a girl could but it was really hard to resist that level of commitment and adoratian? That it just made sense for the girl to be with the person that would do anything and everything for them.
Field Supervisor of EDC, Inc.
Team Edward-Knight in Shining Volvo
Team Rosalie-Every Rose has it's thorn
Cotton Candy Revolutionists~Jell-O Wars of 09’
MagnoliasNSunshine
Wandering Through Town

Post by MagnoliasNSunshine »

Sort of O.T., but do you think Leah would imprint with a member of the pack? Wouldn't that lead to a stronger "wolf"... Or would she have to imprint with a plain ole human?
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

MagnoliasNSunshine wrote:Sort of O.T., but do you think Leah would imprint with a member of the pack? Wouldn't that lead to a stronger "wolf"... Or would she have to imprint with a plain ole human?
Not sure. But this belongs in the Leah Clearwater thread.

COME ON JACOB FANS!!! We're almost to 100 pages. Let's keep this going!!!
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

I just found a picture of Lautner where he actually looks kinda like the Jake in my head
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK