What is Stephenie working on?

Events and Appearances relating to the Twilight Saga

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules

Re: What is Stephenie working on?

Postby runswithwolves » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:54 pm

I thought that I heard SM was working on a book about mermaids.I can't wait to read The Host and Midnight Sun(when it comes out). :D
Last edited by runswithwolves on Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J<3B ~I <3 Ian~I<3Peeta~Team Zane RIP~I<3Fang
Image
Taylor's right bicep ~ http://www.teamtaycob.webs.com/
User avatar
runswithwolves
Officially Bitten!
 
Posts: 1578
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:26 pm
Location: On Taylor's right bicep staring at the new Wolfpack picture

Re: What is Stephenie working on?

Postby MRK » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:00 am

from EW interview
When you returned home after a grueling tour for Breaking Dawn, you discovered that your unfinished manuscript for Midnight Sun had leaked onto the Internet, and you released a statement saying you were permanently shelving the story. Do you still feel the same?
The funny thing about that statement is I didn't actually write the majority of it. I wrote about three single-spaced Word document pages of just real pain — with sort of a laugh on the end so everything was kind of tongue-in-cheek. And there were lawyerly people who thought it just wasn't a good way to do it. I didn't want to feel misrepresented in the letter and other people didn't want me to be too emotionally vulnerable. So in the end only the one or two sentences written by me seem really jarring, and people didn't get that there was sort of a joke in there. For example the part that's me is where I said, ''If I wrote it now everybody would end up dying.'' But that was a joke! And it sounded so serious amidst all the lawyer talk and I think my fans thought, Wow, she's threatening to kill everyone! [Laughing] I felt kind of bad about that. I never felt any anger, actually. Just a lot of sadness. I mean it was a sucker punch — like someone came up behind you and just hammered you in the kidneys and you had no idea it was coming.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Is Midnight Sun still dead to you, or can you see finishing and publishing it in the future?
STEPHENIE MEYER: It's really complicated, because everyone now is in the driver's seat, where they can make judgment calls. ''Well, I think this should happen, I think she should do this.'' I do not feel alone with the manuscript. And I cannot write when I don't feel alone. So my goal is to go for, like, I don't know, two years without ever hearing the words Midnight Sun. And once I'm pretty sure that everyone's forgotten about it, I think I'll be able to get to the place where I'm alone with it again. Then I'll be able to sneak in and work on it again.


http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,2023455 ... 27,00.html
here is the full interview...its quite good!
Image
User avatar
MRK
Fishing with Charlie
 
Posts: 890
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:02 pm

Re: What is Stephenie working on?

Postby Kachiti » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:28 am

MRK wrote:from EW interview
When you returned home after a grueling tour for Breaking Dawn, you discovered that your unfinished manuscript for Midnight Sun had leaked onto the Internet, and you released a statement saying you were permanently shelving the story. Do you still feel the same?
The funny thing about that statement is I didn't actually write the majority of it. I wrote about three single-spaced Word document pages of just real pain — with sort of a laugh on the end so everything was kind of tongue-in-cheek. And there were lawyerly people who thought it just wasn't a good way to do it. I didn't want to feel misrepresented in the letter and other people didn't want me to be too emotionally vulnerable. So in the end only the one or two sentences written by me seem really jarring, and people didn't get that there was sort of a joke in there. For example the part that's me is where I said, ''If I wrote it now everybody would end up dying.'' But that was a joke! And it sounded so serious amidst all the lawyer talk and I think my fans thought, Wow, she's threatening to kill everyone! [Laughing] I felt kind of bad about that. I never felt any anger, actually. Just a lot of sadness. I mean it was a sucker punch — like someone came up behind you and just hammered you in the kidneys and you had no idea it was coming.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Is Midnight Sun still dead to you, or can you see finishing and publishing it in the future?
STEPHENIE MEYER: It's really complicated, because everyone now is in the driver's seat, where they can make judgment calls. ''Well, I think this should happen, I think she should do this.'' I do not feel alone with the manuscript. And I cannot write when I don't feel alone. So my goal is to go for, like, I don't know, two years without ever hearing the words Midnight Sun. And once I'm pretty sure that everyone's forgotten about it, I think I'll be able to get to the place where I'm alone with it again. Then I'll be able to sneak in and work on it again.


http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,2023455 ... 27,00.html
here is the full interview...its quite good!


Thanks for posting that. I didn't know all that stuff about the movie but then again I plan on watching it when it comes out on dvd. So, if two years is what it will take to get Midnight Sun then I can wait.
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:19 am
Location: Somewhere between dreams and reality

Re: What is Stephenie working on?

Postby Estrie » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:40 pm

I saw someone wrote something about stephenie working on a book about mermaids! That would be so cool, I really like books about myths. I'm so sad stephenie isn't writing Midnight Sun for now because It would have been so great to know about edward's feelings in TWILIGHT.Maybe in two years but it seems so far away from now... :|
User avatar
Estrie
Settled in Forks
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:28 pm

Re: What is Stephenie working on?

Postby MRK » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:04 pm

Estrie wrote:I saw someone wrote something about stephenie working on a book about mermaids! That would be so cool, I really like books about myths. I'm so sad stephenie isn't writing Midnight Sun for now because It would have been so great to know about edward's feelings in TWILIGHT.Maybe in two years but it seems so far away from now... :|


She said in the interview that she was working on a mermaid book...but they were more like Sirens...and shes wanting to do a ghost and time travel book... :)
I havent read the host...but Im thinking sirens, and ghosts would be much more up my alley...I'm excited at the direction she's taken.
She also said shes afraid to say it because she doesnt want to be held to it!
Image
User avatar
MRK
Fishing with Charlie
 
Posts: 890
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:02 pm

Re: What is Stephenie working on?

Postby arcadia_2005 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:25 pm

i had heard conflicting things on Midnight Sun--some saying that she's started working on it again and others saying that she's put it off indefinitely. Obviously i'd hoped so much that she had started working on it again, but i guess that latest interview puts it straight. :-( ::sigh:: if i have to wait 2 years, then thats what i'll have to do--but just as long as eventually Edwards' story DOES get published. it would be such an incredible loss if it were never to see the light of day. i don;t even want to think about that.
User avatar
arcadia_2005
Settled in Forks
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:16 am

Re: What is Stephenie working on?

Postby missxxmurder » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:34 pm

I would really like for her to write about Renesme growing up and her "love" relationship with Jacob. I think it would be funny to see her put him in his place so to speak, when he gets carried away with his temper. :lol:
Once you go BLACK, you don't go back.
We can't all be hot, tall, and canine.
I run with wolves.
J<3B
User avatar
missxxmurder
Settled in Forks
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:05 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: What is Stephenie working on?

Postby arcadia_2005 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:06 pm

^^^oh yah, now thats an idea. i would just be happy to always have some sort of insight into these charctors--like i've thought before but never really voiced out loud, is that i am so obsessed with these charactors, that i wish i could *stalk* them. lol Always be able to see what they're doing, where they are, who they're with, etc. lol you know, the totally unhealthy stuff, but i can't help myself. lol i am obsessed with them in an unhealthy way. lol
User avatar
arcadia_2005
Settled in Forks
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:16 am

Re: What is Stephenie working on?

Postby missxxmurder » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:59 pm

arcadia_2005 wrote:^^^oh yah, now thats an idea. i would just be happy to always have some sort of insight into these charctors--like i've thought before but never really voiced out loud, is that i am so obsessed with these charactors, that i wish i could *stalk* them. lol Always be able to see what they're doing, where they are, who they're with, etc. lol you know, the totally unhealthy stuff, but i can't help myself. lol i am obsessed with them in an unhealthy way. lol



Hey you are not alone! I would be sleeping in the bushes in front of their house every night! haha. :lol:
Once you go BLACK, you don't go back.
We can't all be hot, tall, and canine.
I run with wolves.
J<3B
User avatar
missxxmurder
Settled in Forks
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:05 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: What is Stephenie working on?

Postby Ichigo Kitty » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:09 pm

missxxmurder wrote:I would really like for her to write about Renesme growing up and her "love" relationship with Jacob. I think it would be funny to see her put him in his place so to speak, when he gets carried away with his temper. :lol:


That's a good idea too. I wonder if she's going to say something about that in Midnight Sun? (Can't wait until it comes out so I can read it.)
Ice and Fire co-existing together without destroying each other...

Image
~ E<3B
User avatar
Ichigo Kitty
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:51 pm

PreviousNext

Return to A Drive in the Aston Martin

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests