1) When did you figure out that "Gran" was really Bella? Were you surprised by the fact that she was looking in a mirror, or did you see it coming?
I think I figured it out about halfway through her dream, when she was noticing that "Gran" was doing all the same things she was, then I really realized it when she said "Gran" looked like she had her arm around someone invisible. So by that time I was not surprised about the mirror, but at first, no I didn't expect it.
2) Do you think that the dream foreshadows anything besides Bella's fear of growing too old for Edward? Why or why not?
I didn't think that it foreshadowed anything else, just Bella's extreme discomfort with aging while Edward did not. It also seemed to enhance the desire she has to become a vampire. I guess I didn't read into it too deep. Maybe that was the way it was intended.
3) Were you surprised that Edward wasn't with Bella when she woke up? Why did you think he wasn't there?
At first, yes, I was a little surprised that he wasn't there. Then I figured that he went home to change or something and would be back to pick her up for school. I think I was more surprised when she drove herself to school instead, but the more I thought about it the more it seemed normal that he might not stay every night.
4) What did you think about Jasper's careful avoidance of Bella before they opened presents? Had you expected them to be closer after the Phoenix trip?
I really did expect them to be closer after the Phoenix trip. I thought it was interesting that Jasper went back to being so careful around her. Maybe after the whole James thing he saw how fragile she was as a human and that made him more cautious. Jasper is just such a mystery to me.
5) What was your immediate reaction to the paper cut? What did you think about what happened after that?
My immediate reaction was pretty mild, I just thought it was another really Bella thing to happen. I was surprised about what happened next! I figured Jasper would have a problem with the blood, but I didn't think he would react like that. I also was a little surprised that Edward had to leave with all the blood.
6) What did you think the repercussions of Jasper's accidental attack would be? Did you think, like Bella did, that she simply wouldn't be allowed to spend time at the Cullen's house any more?
I didn't think that she wouldn't be allowed at the Cullen's house anymore. Maybe she wouldn't be able to come around if Jasper was around. But deep down, as much as I didn't want it to, I knew it was going to affect Edward the most and really freak him out. I was so scared for what would happen between Edward and Bella.
7) With all the mentions of Bella needing a new car, did you think that Edward had actually bought her one?
Not really, but I thought he might in the near future
8) What did you think about Bella's pleas for a celebration-less birthday? Did you think she was overreacting?
I just thought it was more of Bella's insecurities since she doesn't like attention being drawn to herself at all. I also knew that it had a lot to do with her getting older and Edward not, like she was in denial about being 18, that if people didn't make a big deal out of it, maybe she could ignore it.
9) What did you think when Bella said, "Well, maybe Alice will give me what I want?" What did you think about Edward's reaction to that?
I thought Edward's reaction was appropriate, if I was Edward I would be mad if Alice changed Bella when she knew I didn't want her to. The changing them seems like something the needs to happen exclusively between Edward and Bella, because it has so much to do with their relationship. I took this to be an emotionally driven statement by Bella and hopefully not something she would really try.
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium