General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
JulesCullen
Settled in Forks

Re: Sue Clearwater = Werewolf?

Post by JulesCullen »

Yes, I really don't think she is a werewolf. Wouldn't we have heard something about it when we were in Jake's head??? And if the adults were suddenly turning into werewolves, wouldn't Billy and Old Quil be them, as well?

And I'm going to play with Leah's theory. She became a wolf because she is a "genetic dead-end" etc. etc. (not going to repeat all of her reasoning, but I think it was pretty sound). Well, we know that Sue isn't a genetic dead-end, because she has had two kids. I might be messing up the theory, however. And, of course, it was just Leah's theory.
"Why am I covered in feathers?"
"I bit a pillow. Or two."

museicalking
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by museicalking »

i'm not sure, but im leaning toward no... she may have some wolf-ness in her like maybe imprinting, or slow ageing but not for real. im guessing she would make a good one- but its preferable for her to just stay a mom.
Team Emmett- EDC, Inc. Emmett Demolition Crew.
Team Rosalie- Every Rose has its Thorns
Team Alice- Seeing the Future Since 1901
<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I don't think so.
The hair-middle-aged women cut their hair short. When my mom turned 40 she did as sort of an acceptance of growing older. It's easier to manage and maybe she just needed a change after Harry died.
Uley bloodline. Well Emily's related to Sue and Leah, so shouldn't she be a werewolf then too? And what about all of the other female descendants we don't know about? Wouldn't they be wolves too?
Nervous around Cullens. Um, wouldn't you be nervous around a vampire you thought could in a split second decide to drink your blood or someone you love's blood?
"Sudden concern" for Charlie. They've always seemed to be friends. She's always been concerned about him. Just now she's a widow and lonely, while Charlie is a divorcee and lonely. It's natural.
Additionally, why wouldn't all of the elders who have it in their bloodline be a wolf now too? It seems to only happen among the younger generation and since Sue appears to be old enough to have teenaged children and not a teenager herself I don't think it's possible.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Pixie
Settled in Forks

Post by Pixie »

xXBeSafeXx wrote:
Wait a minute...Sue an Uley on her mother's side--wasn't Leah in love with Sam?? I'm confused now.
I am not really sure how that worked out- but I am assuming it's not a direct link, like with Harry. Maybe (pack)Uley, had a brother who is Sue's moms great grandfather. So that would allow a relationship between Sam and Leah.
NovaAlbion
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by NovaAlbion »

Cocoa wrote:Could Sue Clearwater be a werewolf? And if so, did she imprint on Charlie?

The evidence:
- The short hair
- A Uley by blood line (Leah claims she and Seth to have equally as strong Beta genetic ties)
- Her nervousness around the Cullens
- Her sudden interest in Charlie's welfare
I am pretty certain that Sue Clearwater is not a werewolf and did not imprint on Charlie.

Both debussygirl and tricia make excellent points regarding the short hair, the Uley blood line, her nervousness around the Cullens and her sudden interest in Charlie's welfare.
tricia wrote:- It skipped a generation. That is why Billy was never a wolf but his son is. No one in that generation were wolves.
- I think she just likes him... one mortal to another.
- She is just very informed.
- As for the short hair.. no biggie there, it's a mom hair cut and she is being supportive of her daughter.
- The reaction around vamps? NO ONE on the Res likes vampires. Her daughter and son are MENT to hate and kill them. Even Billy didn't like them till Carlisle helped Jacob... i still don't think he is fully comfortable around them.
debussygirl wrote:- The hair-middle-aged women cut their hair short. When my mom turned 40 she did as sort of an acceptance of growing older. It's easier to manage and maybe she just needed a change after Harry died.
- Uley bloodline. Well Emily's related to Sue and Leah, so shouldn't she be a werewolf then too? And what about all of the other female descendants we don't know about? Wouldn't they be wolves too?
- Nervous around Cullens. Um, wouldn't you be nervous around a vampire you thought could in a split second decide to drink your blood or someone you love's blood?
- "Sudden concern" for Charlie. They've always seemed to be friends. She's always been concerned about him. Just now she's a widow and lonely, while Charlie is a divorcee and lonely. It's natural.
- Additionally, why wouldn't all of the elders who have it in their bloodline be a wolf now too? It seems to only happen among the younger generation and since Sue appears to be old enough to have teenaged children and not a teenager herself I don't think it's possible.
(A personal observation: My mom & dad were very good friends with another couple. The husband of the couple passed away, but mom and dad kept up the friendship with the widow. A few years later, mom died. Within a year dad and the widow friend had married. They were married for over 10 years before she died. Her kids and grandkids who live within a couple of miles of dad still check up on him frequently. So, that type of relationship seems feasible to me.)

There is more evidence as well. As we have watched Jacob and his friends, Quil, Embry, Seth and Leah adjust to being werewolves, it seems that the maturity of the human body reflects the size/maturity of the wolf body and vice versa. At the wedding (Breaking Dawn, chapter 4 - Gesture, pages 59 and 60), Bella observes Jacob's height and observes that he is taller than he was previously. She wonders if he is still growing. Less than four weeks later (Breaking Dawn, chapter 8 - Waiting For The Damn Fight To Start Already, page 148), Jacob, when confronting Sam regarding Jacob's Alpha status and the planned sneak attack on the Cullens, notes "... that I'd grown taller than him" (Sam) when both were wolves (Breaking Dawn, chapter 11 - The Two Things At The Very Top Of My Things-I-Never-Want-To-Do List, page 211).

During the confrontation with the Volturi, when all the Quileute werewolves appear, Bella notes of the seven "new" werewolves (17 minus the ten that she recognizes) that "It was clear from their heights and oversized paws that the newcomers all were very, very young. ... With so many vampires encamped in the neighborhood, a werewolf population explosion was inevitable. More children dying. I wondered why Sam had allowed this, and then I realized he had no other choice. ... They had gambled their entire species on this stand." Breaking Dawn, chapter 36 - Bloodlust, page 683.

It seems clear that Sue Clearwater was neither a werewolf at the confrontation, nor a werewolf left behind in La Push. And, if she is not a werewolf, she could not imprint of Charlie. Of course, this does not preclude good old fashion falling in love.

Please help: I couldn't find a reference to Sue Clearwater being related to the Uleys. Please advise.
"Stories have to be told or they die, and when they die, we can't remember who we are or why we're here." Sue Kidd Monk, The Secret Life of Bees, Chapter 6

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4332809/1/Out_Of_The_Blue
Cocoa

Post by Cocoa »

- It skipped a generation. That is why Billy was never a wolf but his son is. No one in that generation were wolves.
Just to be clear, the gene didn't skip a generation. Billy has the gene, there was not a catalist at the time of his puberty to instigate the change. Sue has the gene as well. The question is, for a female, how old is too old?
tricia
Learning to Love Green

Post by tricia »

Cocoa wrote:
- It skipped a generation. That is why Billy was never a wolf but his son is. No one in that generation were wolves.
Just to be clear, the gene didn't skip a generation. Billy has the gene, there was not a catalist at the time of his puberty to instigate the change. Sue has the gene as well. The question is, for a female, how old is too old?
I understand that. The gene is there but dormant. As you said there was no catalyst. There were no Vamps around for the gene to become active.

So i guess i should have been more specific and said that the change skipped a generation.

I don't think for females how old is to old.. that could go for men as well. We didn't see Billy changing into an old wolf.
"Her existence alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world."

And, by the way, I adore you... in frightening, dangerous ways.
dsolo
Settled in Forks

Post by dsolo »

I don't think Sue is a werewolf. re: too old, remember that the change triggers a growth spurt (Jacob is chronologically 16 and physically around 25). Once they change, they will not age as long as they phase regularly. Also, in the legend of Taha Aki (?), he had quit phasing, but resumed it during the fight with the cold one. He was an old wolf, so if Billy or Sue were triggered, they would already be past their primes (though I wonder if Billy's legs would heal?). It had already been established that Charlie was helping Sue with funeral arrangements, so he's probably someone she could depend on. Billy could help her with her kids, because he's an elder and knew the secrets, but his disability would make other assistance harder. Sue is a nurse, and while it would be convenient for Billy, maybe not so much for Sue. Charlie, on the other hand, is healthy and has a nice smile, and needs Sue's help emotionally, not physically.
re: Leah being a genetic dead end. I have a feeling something is going to change there. That would be too cruel for Leah to lose the love of her life, and the chance to have a family. SM is not that mean. Besides, she said if she writes future books, it might be about Leah or Renesmee. Let's hope she gets enough love from all of us after the MS debacle that her mood improves. Coming on top of the BD backlash, and an exhausting year with 2 books and the tours, she's probably overdue for a break. My initial reaction to the ending of BD was huh?, but after hearing her explanation of a court scene and rereading it 2 more times, I like it. I never hated it.
I have hope that Leah will eventually have a happy ending.
About Emily being Leah's cousin, she is Makah and there's a lot of intermarriage, so just like Billy's daughter married a Samoan surfer, somebody related to Harry or Sue married a Makah. My guess is a sister of Sue's, since they lived with the Makah's.
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by AliceLauren »

I never even thought that Sue could be a werewolf. It never dawned on me. I guess she could be, but sense her daughter is Leah and Sue can see all the difficulties that Leah is going trough, wouldn't she help Leah and tell her that she is a wolf too?

It would make sense.

I just don't think that Sue can be a werewolf. I think that it's just not true, but then again...
midnitesun
Wandering Through Town

Post by midnitesun »

That would be hilarious for some reason! But it does make sense with all the new wolves. What about Billy?
Credit: Evie of Nox!
I took the Midnight Sun virginity pledge!