Fear

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Re: Fear

Post by urcoolcarrie »

my biggest fear at the moment is this:

Getting older.

I don't know whats up with me, but i honesly don't want to grow out of my irresponsible age. i feel like it was a big step from middle school to high school, and i really don't want to have more responsiblility. i want to be able to go to the park in dress up clothes, go a day without makeup, and run around singing like an idiot because nobody cares.

I don't want to grow up.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

urcoolcarrie wrote:my biggest fear at the moment is this:

Getting older.

I don't know whats up with me, but i honesly don't want to grow out of my irresponsible age. i feel like it was a big step from middle school to high school, and i really don't want to have more responsiblility. i want to be able to go to the park in dress up clothes, go a day without makeup, and run around singing like an idiot because nobody cares.

I don't want to grow up.
Me either, but I have no idea why I fear it. It's not the responsibility it's just.... I don't like the thought of my body aging, of getting closer and closer to death. My English teacher struck fear in my heart when she said we're all just on the journey to death. All I could think was no, there has to be more than that! We can't all just be here to die! It hard to say why beyond that: I don't want to age, but I know I will. I hope I age gracefully, like my mom and mamaw.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

My greatest fear is really weird and I don't know why it is, but it's this: the idea of forever. I have no idea why but it just is.

Just thought I would say that...

Love,
*Wanderer*
Last edited by *Wanderer* on Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
NKistheshiz
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by NKistheshiz »

*Wanderer* wrote:My greatest fear is really weird and I don't know why it is, but it's this: the idea of forever. I have no idea why but it just is.

Love,
*Wanderer*
That's kind of one of my fears too. It's just like forever.... It just so long.
Inquisitive and thoughtful,
she was the challenge he'd been waiting for;
a reminder that creativity runs deep like secrets.
alellie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by alellie »

*Wanderer* wrote:My greatest fear is really weird and I don't know why it is, but it's this: the idea of forever. I have no idea why but it just is.

Love,
*Wanderer*
Wow...but what if vampires were real and one gave you the opportunity to be a vamp. Would you say 'yes'?
Vampirechick101/Alellie: PICAOS/ Zookeepers to Mr. Panda
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

alellie wrote:

Love,
*Wanderer*
Wow...but what if vampires were real and one gave you the opportunity to be a vamp. Would you say 'yes'?
Honestly, *takes a deep breath* I would say no. Like I said, forever kinda scares me. I think I would like to grow old with Edward by my side. ;)

Have you ever read the book A Ring of Endless Light by Madeleine L'Engle? (Madeleine L'Engle's the author of A Wrinkle In Time.) Well, it's basically about this girl named Vicky who starts to understand life while her grandfather is dying. It's a great book.

But, back to the point, there's a page in A Ring of Endless Light where they're talking about living forever. The dying grandfather says something like he would rather live with knowing that his days are limited so that he would really live life, rather than knowing that the number of times the sun will rise is unlimited or something like that. I don't have the book with me since I borrowed it from the library. But in that page is exactly why I wouldn't want to live forever. Does that make any sense?

Wow... that was sorta off-topic but whatever. Long story short: My greatest fear is the idea of forever. :D

Love,
*Wanderer*
Last edited by *Wanderer* on Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
alellie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by alellie »

I'm with you there!

As much as it would be cool to be a vamp, I think I wouldn't take the chance...there's also another book about this girl who had to choose about immortality (Tuck Everlasting, I think...)

BUT, if I had a choice of reverting back to human when I become a vamp, I think I'd take the chance, just to see what the experience would be like. It'd be cool to be a vampire..

As for fear: I have a new one--having the Lex hacked again. Oh, God...*knocks on wood*
NKistheshiz
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by NKistheshiz »

alellie wrote:I'm with you there!

As much as it would be cool to be a vamp, I think I wouldn't take the chance...there's also another book about this girl who had to choose about immortality (Tuck Everlasting, I think...)

BUT, if I had a choice of reverting back to human when I become a vamp, I think I'd take the chance, just to see what the experience would be like. It'd be cool to be a vampire..

As for fear: I have a new one--having the Lex hacked again. Oh, God...*knocks on wood*
I thought the girl chose not to be immortal, but I'm not sure I read the book like six years ago when I was in 4th grade.

Anyways, I probably wouldn't be a vampire either. I like the idea of growing old as weird as I may sound. I would rather grow old with Edward by my side like Wanderer (even though I'm team Jacob) than live forever.

And I have the biggest fear of falling in the bath tube and choking myself with the clothes wire thing like the guy in the first Final Destination.
Inquisitive and thoughtful,
she was the challenge he'd been waiting for;
a reminder that creativity runs deep like secrets.
Belle
Wandering Through Town

Post by Belle »

I agree. I wouldn't want to be immortal either. Can you imagine living for billions of years? Having everybody you'd ever met eventualy dieing. That would be so depressing. I would get tired of living forever too. I would probably rather have one lifetime with the one I love better.<3 I think life was ment to be short and sweet.
Anwyays..
I know I'm gonna sound like scaredy cat after this long list :roll:. But it's mostly irational stupid fears.
Ok, here are mine:
-Being struck and killed by lightning (Because I'm so tall and I consider the chances of it hitting me are much greater, lol)
-Murky deep water (Because your imagination takes over, and I always imagine something lurking in it. And like biting my feet or pulling me under or someething)
-Failing/disappointing
-Growing up (I don't want to!! Lol, I got peter pan fobia)
-Speaking in public (hate it..i'm so shy)
-Imbarrassing myself (Duh.. we're all afraid of imbarrasing ourselves)
-Drowning
-The dark (Sometimes.. like if your walking home allone in the dark...you can get really paranoid, like thinking someone is fallowing you or something.)
-Really high up places (Like high cliffs or edges of mountains and looking down. :shock: I get that vertigo feeling. And I have the irational fear of accidentily slipping off them :P )
-Huge scary dogs (I'm afraid of them biting me. I've always kinda been afraid of that, everr since I was a kid)
-Getting life theatening illness, or family or friend getting one.
-Huge bugs (cocroachs! xP...they creep me out.)
-My family/people I care about dieing somehow. =(
-Murderers, Creeps, criminals with guns. (obvously )

(P.S. Oh yeah I read 'Tuck Everlasting' too. I read that a few years ago. That was such a great book ! It made me think about all those immortality questions for the first time.
Last edited by Belle on Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:05 pm, edited 6 times in total.
“No, i don't like you,
I just stare at you all day long for no reason at all.” --Edward Cullen (jk, lol ^^)
alellie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by alellie »

NKistheshiz wrote: I thought the girl chose not to be immortal, but I'm not sure I read the book like six years ago when I was in 4th grade.
Yeah, she didn't choose immortality. She had to choose about immortality and years later, the Tucks find her gravestone. So sad...
NKistheshiz wrote:And I have the biggest fear of falling in the bath tube and choking myself with the clothes wire thing like the guy in the first Final Destination.
:? Wow...I really wouldn't want to die like that.

I'm really afraid of losing my stuff (even pens and pencils) I freak out anytime I lose something, whether it be an object or a person. ;)