Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Emmett and Rosalie

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

Here is the place to discuss everything about their relationship together. Keep questions about them as individuals to the Sparkling in the Sun Forum.
Banner by urcoolcarrie
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Re: Emmett and Rosalie

Post by urcoolcarrie »

emmett and rosalie are so cool! i like it how they are total opposites, and yet they belong together. its almost like they balance eachother out.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
museicalking
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by museicalking »

emmet and rosalie have strange beginnings, and are one interesting married couple. they sound happy and i agree with urcoolcarrie that they balance each other out. but besides that- they seem to be more aware of their physical relationship than one of actual true love, i know its there but now as much... :)
Team Emmett- EDC, Inc. Emmett Demolition Crew.
Team Rosalie- Every Rose has its Thorns
Team Alice- Seeing the Future Since 1901
<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3
GottaLoveCullenx3
Settled in Forks

Post by GottaLoveCullenx3 »

I find them so interesting!
Rosalie is this pessimistic character who you are kind of thought of as the enemy for most of the book, and shes not very talkative.
But EMMETTis this loud, hysterical guy that can make you laugh at almsot anything.
They're so different, and they come from such different human lives.

Its just so mindboggling to imagine these two peopel together, yet i DO!
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I kind of feel like this relationship isn't deep or meaningful at all. I mean, Rose is just lonely and is mad Edward doesn't even look at her. So she sees a guy about to die and I think really was just planning for him to be hers. He's just struck with her beauty, and Carlisle even told Edward that if he had had an intimate relationship with Bella before it would have changed him. So to me, they must've had a moment of passion and so were just thrown together with none or not much pre-thought of one another. So yeah, they do love each other but not like the other couples, who seem to fit so well with one another. They just...don't.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
rain.on.me
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by rain.on.me »

It's interesting how they get annoyed by each other so frequently. I suppose its just their opposing personalities. I've noticed that whenever Emmett tries to comfort Rosalie, she usually just pushes him away and ignores him. They also seem reluctant to take each other's side and support one another. Even a few sort-of-rude comments have been thrown around between the two of them.

I believe that they do love each other-that's obvious. But they aren't exactly tied to one another like say, Alice and Jasper. I think if one of them were to die, the other wouldn't go off to the Volturi asking for death, like Edward.

And as for their flamboyant [sp?] relationship, they're just young. Most twenty-year-olds would act the same way I think. Of course, I'm only fourteen, so I can't really say. Their personalities also might have something to do with it. Both of them just strike me as people who would...shall we say, be interested in partaking in that sort of behavior.
obsessedsmallgirl3
Settled in Forks

Post by obsessedsmallgirl3 »

I believe that Emmett and Rosalie do love each other and are meant to be together. Sure they don't seem as "connected" but since they are such opposites they balance each other out. Rose being so pessamistic and Emmett being so cheerful. I think they just have a different relationship than Jasper and Alice or Edward and Bella.
"You should've seen his face when I started taking off my clothes, though. Priceless."

http://media.photobucket.com/image/rene ... e.jpg?o=17
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

In my opinion, Emmett and Rosalie's love is as deep as any other member of their family such as Carlisle and Esme, or Alice & Jasper. Emmett gave Rosalie hope for the life she hates- he's her "angel" and i simply love that aspect of it;they depend on each other and yet even though we don't see much joking around between them you can tell they adore each other. It's just a different kind of relationship but still a true one...
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

I've been watching this thread for a few days and it's been driving nuts because I haven't had the time to reply until now.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that Emmett and Rosalie don't truly love each other because they are only interested in the physical aspects of the relationship. They DO love each other and they love each other deeply. They simply choose to express it differently than the others.

In the "Emmett and the Bear" outtake, Emmett reverantly describes his first reaction to seeing Rosalie. Bella mentions her growing relationship with Emmett and says, "It had to do with how we had both been chosen to join the family; we’d both been loved – and loved in return – while we were human, though very briefly for him." That statement shows that Emmett and Rose fell in love instantly.

In Eclipse, Rosalie tells Bella, "I got luckier than I deserved. Emmett is everything I would have asked for if I’d known myself well enough to know what to ask for. He’s exactly the kind of person someone like me needs. And, oddly enough, he needs me, too. That part worked out better than I could have hoped.”

Stephenie addresses their relationship several times in the Personal Correspondances. In a question about their weddings she says, "Rosalie is all about show; Emmett loves to make her happy–hence, lots of elaborate weddings." When you truly love someone their happiness is one of the most important things to you.

In a question about the different relationships between the Cullen couples, Stephenie stated, "Rosalie and Emmett’s might be seen as the most superficial in a way, because their relationship is so intensely physical. But they are entirely committed to each other, so that’s hardly superficial." In a follow-up question about the different relationships she further explained, "I want to say that the traits I assigned to the Cullen couples were not to be understood as totally definitive; these characteristics, spiritual, physical and mythical, were merely the most prominent facet of each relationship—other facets are still quite strong with each."

They ground each other, preventing each from floating away in their extremes. Rosalie's pessimism keeps Emmett from rushing off without thinking a situation through. Emmett's jovial nature and adoration keep Rosalie from drowning in her angst.

They love each other as truly and deeply as any of the other couples. They just choose to express that love physically and passionately.
Banner by urcoolcarrie
alellie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by alellie »

Opposites attract they say, and most of the time, they do.

Emmett's totally hilarious, right-down funny and very obnoxious (but in a good way!). Rosalie's cynical, reserved, and always sees things negatively. SM was right, though...they are very physical. Emmett has his physical strength and Rosalie has her physical beauty...and sometimes they show their love to one another in a very physical way. If you know what I mean. *wiggles eyebrows*

If they were a normal human couple, they'd be known as the popular pair. You know the ones where they constantly fight, date others to make the other jealous, and reconciles the day after? Those kind of couples.

-Janine
Vampirechick101/Alellie: PICAOS/ Zookeepers to Mr. Panda