A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Twilove
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 15 ~ The Cullens

Post by Twilove »

1. What were your impressions of the house that the Cullens live in?i saw it just how Bella saw it a big white mansion with a grand staircase the living room with the piano and very clean lol

2. This is the first time Bella meets the Cullens ( other than Carlisle ) and gets to for an impression based on her experience alone. In other words, Edward no longer describes them for her, she gets to see them herself. In this chapter, she mostly interacts with Carlisle and Esme, what were your impressions of them.
very very nice the kind of parents you want your boyfriend to have i love Esme anyone would be lucky to end up with a mother in law like her

3. There is a brief mention of Alice having seen the visit of other vampires. What was your reaction to this when you first read it? Did you have any idea that it would turn into the large disaster that takes over until the end of the novel?well i was expecting a fight but nothing like what happend

4. Edward and Bella describe being nervous about meeting/interacting with each other's families as boyfriend and girlfriend. Who do you think is more nervous Edward or Bella and why?Even thought Bella was freaking out i think Edward was more nervous because i think that he somewhat agreed with Rosalie in a way and if i were him i would be worried about Emmet making fun of me lol
Krystal
Lured By the Scent

Post by Krystal »

1. What were your impressions of the house that the Cullens live in?
I absolutely loved it. I loved how it was white and clean, and it fite with how they weren't like normal vampires, so there house is different too.

2. This is the first time Bella meets the Cullens ( other than Carlisle ) and gets to for an impression based on her experience alone. In other words, Edward no longer describes them for her, she gets to see them herself. In this chapter, she mostly interacts with Carlisle and Esme, what were your impressions of them.
I thought they were very nice, and it was a good thing, especially when a boy brings home a girl.

3. There is a brief mention of Alice having seen the visit of other vampires. What was your reaction to this when you first read it? Did you have any idea that it would turn into the large disaster that takes over until the end of the novel?
I didn't really think anything of it.

4. Edward and Bella describe being nervous about meeting/interacting with each other's families as boyfriend and girlfriend. Who do you think is more nervous Edward or Bella and why?
Bella, because I think she was afraid of them not liking her, more than Edward afraid that Charlie wouldn't like him.
by myhopesaresohigh @ vesperarium
EllaMinnowPee
Settled in Forks

Post by EllaMinnowPee »

Alphie wrote:1. What were your impressions of the house that the Cullens live in?

I picture it as a huge mansion that is very clean (but not sterile), airy and light. Lots of big rooms, decorated in light colors, traditional with modern touches.

They are very warm and loving and so happy that Edward found someone to love. They instantly like Bella and are anxious to have her join their family- although I don't think they have thought of turning her into a vampire yet.

3. There is a brief mention of Alice having seen the visit of other vampires. What was your reaction to this when you first read it? Did you have any idea that it would turn into the large disaster that takes over until the end of the novel?

Darn- I speed read too quickly. I don't even remember this. I should know by now to take my time, because every single word is important in these books. Nothing is just a random line.

4. Edward and Bella describe being nervous about meeting/interacting with each other's families as boyfriend and girlfriend. Who do you think is more nervous Edward or Bella and why?

I think Bella is more nervous about Edward meeting Charlie. Edward was positive that his family would love Bella and accept her. Bella had never even dated before, and now she was suddenly dating someone. Even though her father really likes the Cullens, she's unsure of how he'll react now. She doesn't think her dad is ready for her to date someone seriously.
KaylaMarieBlack7

Post by KaylaMarieBlack7 »

I thought that their house was pure. There really wasn't anything scary about it. You couldnt tell that a bunch of vampires lived in it.

I thought that Esme was so sweet. She kind of treated Bella like family. She tried to make her feel at home. And same with Carlisle.

I thought that they were just gonna stop by and leave. I didnt even think about how ugly it could turn out to be.

Well with her dad, its like hes not use to having his daughter at home. And for her to srart getting a boyfriend, it bugs him because he doesnt wanna have to think about things like sex, or any of that. He doesnt want to see her making any mistakes. With Edwards family its just the fact that she is human that bugs some of them. Not all, but some. Like Rosalie.
I ♥ Jacob Black.
Ever since New Moon. =]
emurlee!
Settled in Forks

Post by emurlee! »

This is one of my favorite chapters. I don't really know why maybe it is the love and akwardness feeling all in one that comes off so cute, and makes me a bit giddy.
-veiled-
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by -veiled- »

- In any vampire novel, I've always pictured where their home as a place that aged along with them. So when I was reading about the Carlisle's library & his paintings, I thought the description was wonderful and exactly what I wanted. There house was big, but they don't need much, but seeing as they are such a big family already...and it seems like SM planned it perfectly because in "Breaking Dawn", Renesme, Jacob & his pack, and everyone falls into their family. I think it's perfect.

- I thought Esme is definitely a motherly character, who takes care of her children. She will welcome anyone her "kids" bring because she trusts them. Carlisle seems like a strong, caring person and I love how he can withstand the thirst of blood.

- I actually assumed it would turn into a disaster as soon as other vampires came into the story. I didn't realize that it would be that close to Bella dying. That was definitely something I did NOT picture happening.

- I think Bella was meant to be with a vampire. Through out the story she seems like the "odd one" out in school, at home, with her friends. Once she sees Edward who seems about the same as her (being an outcast, I mean)...it just sort of connects, like fate. so I definitely think she was not as nervous as Edward. He is always afraid of hurting her in anyway, so I assume if he made a bad impression that he might think that would hurt her as well?
Riddalyn

Post by Riddalyn »

Of course it sounded absolutely beautiful. I could picture Edward living there, because of how very refined he is. I loved the way it read... it was all so easy to picture, I felt, after finishing the book, that I'd been there myself. Perfect for good vampires.

In love with them from the start. That Esme would be so accepting of Bella right away, so willing to love a human that could potentially endanger them all (although we all hate how rude Rose is, we all know she's right on that level), is so amazing. She's so powerful in her own, kind and compassionate way. Carlisle is smooth and very eager to make everyone as happy as he can, I've always loved that about him.

I thought that the other vampires might be friends with the Cullens (foolish, I know) or that they might pass through. I never thought there'd be such an action packed conflict.

Edward, in one instance. His family has so much more to lose if it... ends badly, as they put it. Of course, for not a minute did I think it would end badly, but there was always someone (cough, Rosalie) saying that it might, and it was always just a tiny possibility. But Edward was so confident that it would seem that Bella was more nervous... I always just thought that Edward was extremely good at hiding his nerves.
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT
Chocolatebrowneyes
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Chocolatebrowneyes »

I thought it was huge and beautiful, just the sort of house I'd live in if I had the money :mrgreen:

Oh I loved them, how careful they were with Bella they really and truly wanted her to stay and feel welcome, it also shows how much they care for Edward because they want him to be happy so much.

I was like um, if they're mentioning it, it must be a big deal. and no I didn't expect it to go so badly.

Edward because he knows that this is probably the moment that she should go running and screaming away from him and it would rip his heart out if she did, but he wouldn't stop her because he feels that she deserves the best possible and thinks that human experiances is what's best for her.
"Why won't you leave me alone?"
Believe me,I wanted to say. I've tried.
Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you.
Keep it light.

ImageImageImageImage
Forever_Twilight
Wandering Through Town
Location: Running as fast as I can with Edward and the Cullens on a cloudy day in Arizona

Post by Forever_Twilight »

Absolutely stunning with a retro twist. =)

They were really calm about the whole thing of meeting Bella. They are absolutely thrilled that Edward has found a love and are totally cool about having a human in their secret. Plus, they are one of the awesome couples in Twilight. =D

Yes, my clue? The Preface. -muahahaha-

I think Edward is more nervous than Bella. Since he and his family are vampires, he's afraid that something they tell her is going to freak her out and she'll never want to be near them again. Though that's clearly not the case, he's just overly-worried, that's all. =)
<3 I've been Vamped by Edward Cullen ~ Followed by Emmett and Jasper <3
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LilyMorgana »

I fell in love with the house by just reading about it. It sounded like a great place to live.

2. This is the first time Bella meets the Cullens (other than Carlisle) and gets to for an impression based on her experience alone. In other words, Edward no longer describes them for her, she gets to see them herself. In this chapter, she mostly interacts with Carlisle and Esme, what were your impressions of them.
Carlisle and Esme felt seemed like really loving parents. I imagined them to be calm and friendly. It seemed as if they not only welcomed Bella to their house but to their family as well. It was obvious to me how they were relieved and truly happy that Edward had finally found someone to love like they loved each other.

I didn't think it would become such a disaster. I didn't really pay much attention to it.

I think Bella was more nervous. She was really scared that they wouldn't like her and she had to meet the 'dangerous' vampire family while Edward just had to meet Charlie whose thoughts he could understand and everything. So Bella had more reason to be nervous, I believe.
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana