Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
LipsForeverSealed
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: In a black leather chair, that spins, *spin* weee! In Ireland

Re: Chapter 20 ~ Volterra

Post by LipsForeverSealed »

1. What did you think of Alice's bribe? What does it say to you that she not only had that much cash handy, but that she thought it would take that much money to bribe the officer?
Well Edwards life was at stake, and hers and Bella's, so ya know she wouldn't want to be delayed by the officer, who she gave a random fiver to, whos then all like tut tut why would I let you in for this here fiverand then he waves it in her face...., Big amounts of money like she gave wouldn't really be questioned or he wouldn't skip off talking about it.

2. Did you ever think Bella wasn't going to make it in time to save Edward?
I did think he might just have stepped out into the light and be all a glitter for a sec and then Bella would crash into him..
and he'd hide back in the shadows, and the Volturi would come and Edward would be like Bella's here! I don't want to die now....

3. How did you respond when Edward assumed they were both dead?
omg Edward.., stop my dove you're alive as you must be! I was like I guess I should have seen that coming...

4. Edward pretty much gave up the moment tiny, little Jane approached. What was your assumption about Jane when you first saw her - be honest!

I was very confuzzed! I didn't think she'd have the evil power she has I thought she was like someone important in the Volturi and you can't hurt her or Aro will kill you...! She was a summon-er...?

5. Bella assumed that Edward was being nice, but not romantic, by protecting her as they made their way down the tunnel. What did you think of the way he was holding her and protecting her?
He was being romantic..., definately.., I never believed he stopped loving her, I wanted Bella to realise that soo bad! He loves you Bella!
I never stopped loving him! When he left I was so distraught, I kept flicking ahead of what I was reading to see was he coming soon, so that alerted me to the coming of Alice (Alice party!)
LipsForeverSealed
Image Edward Cullen
everlong
Learning to Love Green

Post by everlong »

1. What did you think of Alice's bribe? What does it say to you that she not only had that much cash handy, but that she thought it would take that much money to bribe the officer?

It wasnt much of a suprise - I just read it and was like Okay good, lets go save Edward.

I was having a heart attack even though I love Jacob. But when I read it the third book was out so logic is he was still alive, but my heart was going crazy.

I was going nuts. It was so irritating. "EDWARD YOU IDIOT BELLA YOUR LOVE IS RIGHT NEXT TO YOU"

4. Edward pretty much gave up the moment tiny, little Jane approached. What was your assumption about Jane when you first saw her - be honest!

I can't even remember. I was probebly too confused by Edwards reaction - or lack of - to seeing bella to take in Janes presence.

5. Bella assumed that Edward was being nice, but not romantic, by protecting her as they made their way down the tunnel. What did you think of the way he was holding her and protecting her?

I was still confused. Like was he still in the trance of not believing it was her or something? or did he realise it was... :o
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

1. What did you think of Alice's bribe? What does it say to you that she not only had that much cash handy, but that she thought it would take that much money to bribe the officer? I thought it was a bit much; it told me that she was prepared for anything. I don't think she thought it WOULD take that much; she just handed him a wad, and obviously, he couldn't refuse. You dangle enough $$ in front of the right someone, they'll do anything.

2. Did you ever think Bella wasn't going to make it in time to save Edward? I was SO on the edge of my seat, reading too fast, just to get to the point when Edward would see her. I kept thinking, "run, girl, run!

3. How did you respond when Edward assumed they were both dead? I said, "You idiot! Open your eyes!"

4. Edward pretty much gave up the moment tiny, little Jane approached. What was your assumption about Jane when you first saw her - be honest! I remember thinking, "who is this girl, and what power does she have to make them obey her at will?"

5. Bella assumed that Edward was being nice, but not romantic, by protecting her as they made their way down the tunnel. What did you think of the way he was holding her and protecting her? I thought Edward was back, and what I wouldn't give to hear what was going through his mind! He has always been a gentleman around Bella. He wouldn't have been holding her so close and touching her tenderly if he didn't still love her.
vampirechick101
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by vampirechick101 »

Alice is a very smart person so maybe she saw it would take lots of money to make the officer help them.

Of course I thought she made it in time. I mean there was2 books after that and they couln't make sense without Edward.

It was surpricing since he thought that he didn't have a soul. But otherwise I was SUPER happy that he was alive.

At first I thought that she was really nice. Then once she unleashed her powers on EdwardI cursed at her in my head, she's evil!

I thought it was cute how he never wanted to let go. How he was reassuring her that everything was okay :D He made it obvious that he loved her but Bella was just BLIND!! I was literally yelling at the book saying he loves you Bella he never stopped you could see it don't doubt it!!but all the good that did :lol:
JACKHAMMER OPERATOR OF THE EDC! EMMETT'S DEMOLITION CREW WOOT WOOT!
Team Rosalie!~ every rose has it's thorns.
Mimi1=My Twi-Twin
You.Are.Not.Leaving.Me- Ian O'Shea<3 *sigh*
lag28wa
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lag28wa »

Well of course I thought it was shady as many of the Cullen's activities seem to be, but at the time it was EXTREMELY well placed. I knew that Bella would have no chance of making it to Edward in time at all if Alice didn't get her through the walls of the city first.

I was thinking before they got inside the city that if they didn't get inside, she wouldn't make it. I was thinking that if she had to stop and ask someone, she wouldn't make it. I was thinking that if she tripped and fell she wouldn't make it. All of this before she started running. Then when she was running and the clock was tolling, and she was thinking that she was too late and she was looking for the crowd's reaction at seeing Edward, I thought she might be too late too. But I am so glad she didn't slow down and just kept going.

Truthfully, lol. I didn't get it right away that's what he thought. I had to reread the passage. And then I thought, well crap! He LOVES her! I had good feelings about it. But like Bella wanted him to get back in the shadows!!

I didn't think, until later that is, that she was powerful in and of herself, I thought that whatever position she held with the Volturi is what made her powerful. Like she had some crazy connections or was in a highly respected position almost, it wasn't until later that I realized Edward was wary of her 'powers'

Haha, I was totally getting my hopes up, and being like, he better be doing that because he loves her, I think he is, and I was wanting Bella to wake up and tell him how much she loved him, and that he was going to have to deal with it because she would never love someone else. I think Bella's reaction was appropriate though, it would only be natural to be VERY guarded after what had happened between the too. It was a twinge irritating that Edward just fell into his caring ways and there wasn't time for him to explain what had happened when he left, and that he really did love her, etc. But we get all that later, so i suppose all it well. :D
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium
KaylaMarieBlack7
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by KaylaMarieBlack7 »

I thought it was awesome. I dont think the officer would have really taken the bribe if Alice was some average looking girl. She knew it would take a lot to get inside.

No. I knew she would make it.

I thought it was resonable. He didnt know that she would be going to rescue him.

She must have been someone who was powerful for Edward to have given up easily.

I thought it was good. There were vampires there who would love to be able to kill her. And he wasnt going to let that happen.
I ♥ Jacob Black.
Ever since New Moon. =]
StarEmerson

Post by StarEmerson »

I am not sure she knew how much to give him, so she gave him a ton! It says to me that the Cullens have a lot more money than they maybe let on?! Even taking in to account the cars, the house, the clothes!

Yeh I knew she would get to him in time, also I read it not so long ago; the other two books were out by then. But imagine if she didnt? If Edward got destryoed? Stephenie could never have done that! It would have been the most depressing book ever written!!!

Frustrating! I was like come on Edward! Snap out of it, and get out of there! But if he had known straight away they might not have been caught by the Volturi, and we would have missed out on that great scene!

I wasnt really thinking, I should have guessed she was powerfull. I just figured, they are too outnumbered.

I thought more of it than Bella I think, she is so blind to his affection!! Bless her. Of course he still wanted her.
"Magic Keeps Us Alive"

xxabbsxx
Settled in Forks

Post by xxabbsxx »

Ok! First I have to say that this is my ALL TIME FAVORITE CHAPTER!! in the whole entire series, I literally had an adrenaline rush!

Haha, I figured, well that's Alice, plus I already knew that the Cullens were quite fortunate in the money department so the amount didn't surprise me one bit. I knew Alice wouldn't care how much she needed to give the guard as long as they got to her brother on time.

Um, no! What kind of a book would it be if Edward got killed by the Volturi? not a very good one.... :cry: But still, I had a major adrenaline rush from the time they entered Volterra to the time she bumped into Edward...it was crazy!

Well, I figured he thought they both met in hell or heaven, whatever it was, and he was a bit stupid at that point. I didn't get the Amazing, Carlisle was right at first, but at that time, I just thought Edward was having a brain lapse.

Well, when Edward gave up, I knew she much have some sort of authority or power over them all. Even though she was pretty and small, she seemed very menacing to me.

It was very natural, and I don't blame Bella for being VERY guarded taking in regard what happened six months earlier. I personally, never, ever, lost faith in Edward, and I knew that he was doing that because he loved her. I'm really sad to see that some people actually lost faith in him :[
Riddalyn

Post by Riddalyn »

I thought it was slick, to be honest. Very smooth... and the way she talked to the officer had me giggling. I didn't think anything about her having that much money... I just kind of figured that she came prepared... I knew the Cullens had tons of money to spare. And as for it taking so much money to bribe the officer... I honestly don't think it would have taken that much, but best to go for the highest amount you can, so you get it right the first time.

Yes. I was positive that she'd trip and ruin everything (once again, nothing personal on Bella...she's just a very clumsy, clumsy girl).

My heart swelled. It made me so happy to hear him say that, while making me sad at the same time. At that moment, all my lost faith in the boy was restored. I thought, he really did love her... otherwise. he wouldn't have said anything like that.

I thought for just a TINY insignificant second that he had feelings for her. I abruptly abandoned that, though, and switched for something a little easier to handle. Maybe she was powerful, maybe she was a sign that the leader was watching. I really didn't know.

Since the whole, "Amazing. Carlisle was right" comment, I was sure he loved her and he really wanted to be that close to her.
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT
squeakmouse25
Wandering Through Town

Post by squeakmouse25 »

I don't think she thought about how much she was giving him, and money doesn't mean much to the Cullens. The thousand dollar bill definitely got her through the gate fast so that's all the matters ;)

Not really... I knew it couldn't end that way.. it was still stressful when she was almost too late though

It was frustrating, it still wasn't over. But i guess it was a reasonable assumption, since he definitely wasn't in his right mind

honestly? i had no idea.

I thought he still wanted her. I think it was obvious since he was going to kill himself when he thought she was dead
--Squeakmouse--