Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: The Twilight Movie at the box office

Post by RebeccaCullen »

I rarely prepurchase tickets, ever, but I did anyways. I didn't want to get there only to be told they are sold out, that almost happened to me when I went to see the fourther HP film. I think it will do pretty good, even if some people are still bitter about the HP change.

I doubt it will be as big as Titanic, but I hope it does well enough to warrent New Moon being made.
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

at the very least, there has to be at least. ten million hard-core twilight fans. if not ten million, other people who haven't watched the movie will.
10 000 000 x $8.00 = 80 000 000
that's my guess for opening weekend. twilight will make 80 million. if not, perhaps less, but my guess. it will gross at least, $400 000 000 domestically and internationally after 91 one days in theatres. maybe more.
lara
Settled in Forks

Post by lara »

I'm not sure it'll "smash" any records, but I certainly hope so!

All I really want is for it to do well enough to warrant the three sequels, so anything above and beyond that is just icing on the cake!
"My apologies, dog." - Edward Cullen, Eclipse
triciavenice
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by triciavenice »

Didn't know where to put this. But I just bought 2 tickets to the midnight showing of Twilight on the 20th midnight! I'm a bad mom and letting my daughter skip school the next day so we can go to the midnight showing!
PrincessMary1369
Settled in Forks

Post by PrincessMary1369 »

Im sure it will be huge like record breaking huge, i've already bought tickets to go to two showings and requested off work the 21st and 22nd. Im only worried about the new James bond movie coming out those movies were huge before so it will have competition but if the news they've been showing of all the teen screamers out there it will be huge and not leaving theaters til the new year. :D :D
Trey
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Trey »

I honestly don't believe it will be setting any records. It's going to do awesome, there is no doubt about that, but The Dark Knight and Titanic has more of a....diversity.
PROUD TWI-GUY!

Vampgrl_11 best friend!!

Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

i can relate you guys.
I am skiping last period to go see it at 3:30 by myself. then again, i am going to the next showing at 6:45 pm to see it with two other people. and three of my friends are all going in BIG separate groups. and then there are ALOT of kids that read it my school and plan on seeing it the day it comes out too. so yeah, twilight will make alot of money. plus, i will be seeing it on saturday the 22nd too. and the 23th if possible.

I hope it breaks the record for $400 million in less than 48 days. it will take #1 with the dark knight below it. i hope that IT does that good.
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

I sure hope so but I don't think it'll pass Dark Knight popularity. I mean Dark Knight has all the MALE fans too.
That's the thing that's making me skeptical of how well Twilight will do. The majority of fans are teenage girls, there's some older fans to but the majority are teenage GIRLS.
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

switzgal wrote:I sure hope so but I don't think it'll pass Dark Knight popularity. I mean Dark Knight has all the MALE fans too.
That's the thing that's making me skeptical of how well Twilight will do. The majority of fans are teenage girls, there's some older fans to but the majority are teenage GIRLS.
there are lots of guys seeing it too. never underestimate them. i reckon they are hiding their twilight love under a rock. guys will be guys. sighh

but you know what. you said most of them are girls. and that's right. but it will also depends on how much these "teen girls" see the movie. i am seeing it three times opening weekend, with other people. and like i mentioned my friends and are going, with guys too.

but like you, i HOPE that it does well. i really want it to be done. so new moon can be made.
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

Well I hope so. I know none of my guy friends except one (who's an obsessed movie goer) is going to watch it.
None of my friends even the ones that's read the books are as into it as me. They can wait longer than opening weekend to see it. So maybe I'm just going by my non-excitable, non-Twilight world.