Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
NaHueLs_GirL
Settled in Forks

Re: Sulpicia, Athenodora and Didyme

Post by NaHueLs_GirL »

UHm. no. didn't SM say that he loved her, but that it is part of his character to be able to destroy even things he loves to get what he wants?
Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jane V »

^ yeah, that's right. guys, Aro didn't WANT to kill his sister. he wasn't PLANNING to when he turned her into a vampire. he turned her because he hoped she would have a powerful gift like him. it was only when she was planning to run off with Marcus that he killed her because he needed Marcus. it wasn't something he wanted to do. SM tells the whole story in her BD faq on her website. Nahuel's Girl is correct.
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you
italiangirl1577
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by italiangirl1577 »

Yes, and it's just part of Aro's personality to destroy even what he loves in order to get what he wants; he really did love his sister, it is just that he did not love that she was going to leave and take Marcus with her. However, although Marcus' gift would have seemed more useful to him, Aro's sister wasn't completely useless. She probably could have gotten anybody to do what she wanted them to, because they'd be so happy around her. I mean, just think of all the innocent tourists she could have lured to the rest of the Volturi just by making them feel happy around her.
Jane V

Post by Jane V »

italiangirl1577 wrote:Yes, and it's just part of Aro's personality to destroy even what he loves in order to get what he wants; he really did love his sister, it is just that he did not love that she was going to leave and take Marcus with her. However, although Marcus' gift would have seemed more useful to him, Aro's sister wasn't completely useless. She probably could have gotten anybody to do what she wanted them to, because they'd be so happy around her. I mean, just think of all the innocent tourists she could have lured to the rest of the Volturi just by making them feel happy around her.
i thought that too! she could actually be quite useful...

man, you guys have some awesome banners 8-) [sorry, that was off-topic, but it's true]
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you
BreathelessVampire
Fishing with Charlie

Post by BreathelessVampire »

Jane V wrote:Guys, Marcus doesn't KNOW that Aro killed his wife. SM said that he never found out. Chelsea used her gift to keep him loyal, but he lost all interest in everything. he's different than Edward, because as we saw in NM, if Bella really DID die, Edward would find some way to die too.

as for the Aro killing Didyme thing....Aro didn't really want to have to kill his sister, i don't think. but it's part of his ambitious, sly personality to destroy even things he loves if they're going to get in the way of him reaching the top, if you will. Stephenie explains it all in her BD faq.

and also, i checked the BD index. Sulpicia and Athenodora don't have any special powers. so it must be something else that draws Aro and Caius to them and vice versa [but who in their right mind would be drawn to Caius? EW :lol: ] i wonder what it is that connects them.

Poor Marcus! Seriously, Aro is the meanest , worst brother one could ever have!
Team Edward. Team Jasper. Team Alice. Team Emmett
Because they are just plain sexy.

Trainee at Emmett's Demolition Crew

Member of Donating Blood To Jasper&Co.
lostxcause
Settled in Forks

Post by lostxcause »

NaHueLs_GirL- haha, since we're talking about VAMPIRES here, i find the phrasing "his own flesh and blood" to be amusing.

i personally wonder this: in breaking dawn, it was mentioned that "the wives never leave the tower." why don't they? clearly they don't have a hand in ruling volterra with their husbands. i imagine them both as being fairly oppressed....to tell the truth, i imagine that while didyme was "alive", the wives got along well, but since she died sulpicia and athenodora just tolerate each other because they have nobody else.
my only explanation is this:
if we never feel the pain
how do we know that we have lived?
moon.cherry.twilite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by moon.cherry.twilite »

^
Practical Explanation: Aro and Caius are genuinely concerned for their wives, and don't want to risk anything by putting them in the middle of a potentially dangerous situation.
Unlikely Explanation: Sulpicia and Athenodora would run screaming bloody murder if they got the chance.
OMDE= Oh My Dazzling Edward
OMHJ= Oh My Hot Jacob
GO HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4364852/1/Y ... h_Twilight

lostxcause
Settled in Forks

Post by lostxcause »

ha, i personally find the "unlikely explaination" to be a LOT more likely.....
my only explanation is this:
if we never feel the pain
how do we know that we have lived?
DumBumm

Post by DumBumm »

I don't know, maybe Aro and Caius do care for the wives... if they've been with them for this long and protect them, don't they have there own personal guard?
moon.cherry.twilite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by moon.cherry.twilite »

lostxcause wrote:ha, i personally find the "unlikely explaination" to be a LOT more likely.....
So do I lol, I just didn't want to admit it straight off.
OMDE= Oh My Dazzling Edward
OMHJ= Oh My Hot Jacob
GO HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4364852/1/Y ... h_Twilight