A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Twilove
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 10 ~ The Meadow

Post by Twilove »

1. What did you think was wrong with Jacob? Were you as suspicious as Bella about his illness?
I had no idea but i didnt think he was actually sick i just thought he did join Sams gang and was acting funny

2. When Laurent appeared out of the trees did you also think like Bella, that it was Edward?
yes i did but then to find out it was Laurent i was extremly disapointed than worried because i kinda figured that if he was back than Victoria would somehow fit into that equation

3. When the wolves came out of the forest what were your thoughts? When one of them looked at Bella, did you suspect it was Jacob or that Edward was involved somehow?I was scared and i had a feeling it was Jacob

4. At this point in the story did you already suspect that Jacob was a werewolf?
somewhat but wasnt 100%

5. Did you think that now that Victoria was hunting Bella that Edward and the Cullens would come back?
I thought it but wasnt getting my hopes up i just thought Jacob would help her with Victoria
KaylaMarieBlack7

Post by KaylaMarieBlack7 »

1. What did you think was wrong with Jacob? Were you as suspicious as Bella about his illness?
I just thought it was weird how it was so much different than Mikes. I wondered if it wasnt just an excuse.

2. When Laurent appeared out of the trees did you also think like Bella, that it was Edward?
No. I didnt think that Edward would come back.

3. When the wolves came out of the forest what were your thoughts? When one of them looked at Bella, did you suspect it was Jacob or that Edward was involved somehow?
I kind of had a feeling. Remembering stuff from Twilight..I kind of thought that it was Jacob. Why else would one look right at her..

4. At this point in the story did you already suspect that Jacob was a werewolf?
Sure did! =]

5. Did you think that now that Victoria was hunting Bella that Edward and the Cullens would come back?
Yeah. I thought Alice would see it in one of her visons and that they would come back to try to protect Bella.
I ♥ Jacob Black.
Ever since New Moon. =]
squeakmouse25
Wandering Through Town

Post by squeakmouse25 »

I actually suspected the werewolf thing back in Twilight, before Stephenie Meyer even planned on making him a werewolf :lol: So I knew what was going on, and it was frustrating that it took so long for bella to figure it out.

I didn't think of that, actually. I think by this point in the novel we have lost all hope that Edward will come back on his own- she is going to have to get him. My first instinct when someone was in the meadow was fear for Bella- I thought it was really creepy that anyone would be that far into the woods. I had a really bad feeling the whole time Bella was looking for the meadow by herself, too. It was just really creepy.

3. When the wolves came out of the forest what were your thoughts? When one of them looked at Bella, did you suspect it was Jacob or that Edward was involved somehow?
My reaction was a mix of fear for her and relief that Laurent wouldn't kill her... The same as Bella's reaction :lol: . I figured out that one of the wolves was Jacob when she said something about his eyes, and something about the wolf having a human expression... and the russet colored fur. I sort of thought Edward was involved- not with the wolves, but I thought he was really there in her head telling her to lie to Laurent, etc.

Like i said, I figured that out wayyy back. I guess I'm just intuitive. LOL. :lol:
I figured that the Cullens didn't know what was going on, otherwise they already would have come back to protect her...
--Squeakmouse--
xxabbsxx
Settled in Forks

Post by xxabbsxx »

That he turned into a werewolf, and I wasn't suspicious because I already knew. I've been waiting for that day since the dream Bella had in Twilight. I knew that after Billy said that it wasn't the stomach flu, that Jacob transformed, and I had a suspicion that maybe Sam's gang was the wolf pack, maybe.

Nope, of course not. Edward wouldn't come back that easily would he?

I was almost positive that the one that looked at her was Jacob. Actually I was 100% sure.

Yup.

No, because in the prolouge it talked about Bella trying to same (I assumed at the time) Edward.
twilightapple
Wandering Through Town

Post by twilightapple »

I thought that he got bitten by a werewolf and for some reason his father is forcing him to be in the pack. Yes I was suspicious.

I peeked in the chapter a head of time so I knew it was Laurent

I thought "it's about time that Bella saw one of these. I knew one of them was Jacob

I already knew.

Yeah... some probably will come back to help her. Maybe not all.
Riddalyn

Post by Riddalyn »

Oh, totally suspicious. Even sick, somebody can use the damn phone. I knew when I read the part about the wolves in the meadow that that was what had happened. It was true what people had been saying about wolves.

No. I didn't allow myself to.

I knew it was Jacob, and I knew the big one was Sam. I couldn't breathe that whole time, I so scared and shocked.

Kind of. But just because of those people who like to spoil books.

No. I really didn't. I didn't think they even knew. But if they did, I still wasn't sure. :( My faith in them had left with Edward.
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT
-veiled-
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by -veiled- »

- As soon as Bella noticed something was not right, I had started thinking "he must be a werewolf".

- I have to admit, I did for a second. It should have have been him.

3. When the wolves came out of the forest what were your thoughts? When one of them looked at Bella, did you suspect it was Jacob or that Edward was involved somehow?'
- When Bella and the werewolf had stared at each other, I definitely knew it was Jacob. It fit into everything that had been going on, with him being sick & whatnot.

- Yes, it was the only thing that made the most sense as to why he wasn't talking to her for a while and I'm not sure if I have it in order, but when he did speak to her, he was full grown, more muscular. So, yes again.

[b- Yes, they had to come back! Why not? It's Bella, Edward's love! >.<[/b]
Chocolatebrowneyes
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Chocolatebrowneyes »

Oh buddy yeah I was suspicious! I was pretty sure he was either dying or becoming a wolf.

At first yeah....

There are my werewolfs again LOL (seriously had been waiting for them to make an impact) then I realized THE BEARS!

Yup I did.

yes, or at the very least I hoped
"Why won't you leave me alone?"
Believe me,I wanted to say. I've tried.
Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you.
Keep it light.

ImageImageImageImage
AngelYve83
Wandering Through Town

Post by AngelYve83 »

- Well I just assumed he got the worst end of his illness, it never occured to me what had happened to him.

- I didn't think it was Edward, but I had actually thought it was Jacob. I never suspected Laurent.

- I never thought the viant wolf was Jacob. I assumed it would also attack her for some reason. I only thought Edward would now come back because of this.

- I was clueless until Bella figured it out.

- I would have thought at this point they would have figured she was in danger. That kind of threw me off a bit in the story.
Elisabeth33

Post by Elisabeth33 »

Yes I was suspicious of Jake's "illness".

I knew that it was a vampire, just not sure which one.

I thought they were after Bella. Yes, I did suspect the one that looked at Bella was involved with her somehow.

Nope.

I was hoping.