Most Effective Horror Movies

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
NKistheshiz
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Most Effective Horror Movies

Post by NKistheshiz »

Ok. I'll try it tonight.
I have nothing planned for tonight and I have a four-day weekend.
Inquisitive and thoughtful,
she was the challenge he'd been waiting for;
a reminder that creativity runs deep like secrets.
MissMagnolia
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by MissMagnolia »

MY favorites are...

The Exorcist-I saw this when I was 13 and was freaked out. I keep thinking that the girl was under my bed or right next to me.
The Omen-I will never name my kid Damien lol he is so creepy looking
I Am Legend-I know this isn't really a horror movie but those rabid human things scarred the crap out of me. I live in the woods and for like a week I had to sleep with a light on because I could not stop thinking they were going to break into my room.
[REC]-The actors in that movie are 100% believable and the camcorder movies are genius. I think the fact it is in Spanish makes it a million times better too.
NKistheshiz

Post by NKistheshiz »

I'm about to watch REC. I'm alone but I'm so excited lol. It's the english dubbed veriosn.
ana;
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ana; »

NKistheshiz wrote:I'm about to watch REC. I'm alone but I'm so excited lol. It's the english dubbed veriosn.
Really?
Hahaa.
I admire you.. I was with 2 of my best guy friends and I completely squeezed their arms the whole movie.

Tell me how was it when you finish it!
MissMagnolia
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by MissMagnolia »

ana; wrote:
NKistheshiz wrote:I'm about to watch REC. I'm alone but I'm so excited lol. It's the english dubbed veriosn.
Really?
Hahaa.
I admire you.. I was with 2 of my best guy friends and I completely squeezed their arms the whole movie.

I know, I was alone in my apartment at one in the morning when I watched it. I was thinking "This could totally happen to me right now" lol
SoulLife
Settled in Forks

Post by SoulLife »

one of my favorite scary movies was the first Friday the 13th with kevin bacon...sooo classic ;)
triciavenice
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by triciavenice »

The Decent scared the crap out of me.

and believe it or not "signs" by M. Knight Shalaman, all the suspense was awesome, so not a scary but good suspense film! Has anyone seen the happening? I can't decide if I want to see it, it got crap reviews.
ana;
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ana; »

there's this movie coming out on January.
with Cam Gigandet.

it's an horror film.
it looks pretty intense.
i want to see it.
NKistheshiz

Post by NKistheshiz »

ana; wrote:
Really?
Hahaa.

Lol, I have thick skin for horror movies. I've grown used to horror movies, they're my favorite type of movies.
REC was good. It freaked me out a bit but it didn't totally scare me.

And what's the name of the Cam horror movie? He's so hott! I have to see that movie.
lol
StarEmerson
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by StarEmerson »

There is a few I watched when I was young that scared the hell out of me but now they are not scary at all to me; Salem's Lot and The Sixth Sense. Honeslty I had to sleep with the light on for weeks after I watched them, but now they don't scare me at all, I think The Sixth Sens is a great film!

House on the Haunted Hill scared me loads, I hated it. Watched it the dark with some friends, all boys and they thought it was stupid but I was crapping myself. Kept closing my eyes, coz they wouldnt let me hide behind a cushion!

Now I am all grown up the only films that actually scare me are ghosty ones. Slasher films freak me out but I am not scared after, you know? I had to sleep with the light on for months after I watched The Ring, I was seventeen. :lol: Eurgh it scares me sooo much, and The Grudge. Argh! I don't like scary girl ghosts!

I watched The Blair Witch project on my own, and at the time it didnt scare me one bit, I was like "What a waste of time!" But then a couple of hours after I kept thinking about it, and the ending and I got freaked out! My Dad always said horror films are scary untill you see the thing that is scary, you know what I mean? He would say don't turn it off if your scared, watch it through. But you never actually see anything in that film, thats what is scary about it? Anyone agree?

I got a bit scared after I watched The Exorcist, not of the girl but about getting posessd by a demon!!! I did a oujia board once, and I was terrified after, of getting posessd!! I was younger though, it doesnt scare me now!

Star x
"Magic Keeps Us Alive"