Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
vampirechick101
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Chapter 20 ~ Compromise

Post by vampirechick101 »

1. Can you see why Bella is afraid to marry Edward? Is it something that would affect your decision to get married at a young age?
um.. she was scared because of what Renee kept telling her.I don't think I would consider marring at such a young age. :?

2. The intimacy level between Edward and Bella really jumps up a notch here. How did you feel about that? How do you feel about their decision to try to make love while Bella was still human?
Well I really don't know I mean she wanted that but Edward was really scared about hurting her.

3. Again the question arises about Edward having a soul. What do you think about this subject? Do vampires have souls?
Well yeah I think that vampires have souls even though they are 'against nature" :roll: The Cullen decided to rise above that category and insted hunt something less... you know . So i think the Cullens at least do :D
JACKHAMMER OPERATOR OF THE EDC! EMMETT'S DEMOLITION CREW WOOT WOOT!
Team Rosalie!~ every rose has it's thorns.
Mimi1=My Twi-Twin
You.Are.Not.Leaving.Me- Ian O'Shea<3 *sigh*
inlovewithmyJasper54
Learning to Love Green
Location: Florida - waiting for a Vampire to shine in the sunlight

Post by inlovewithmyJasper54 »

1. Can you see why Bella is afraid to marry Edward? Is it something that would affect your decision to get married at a young age?
~I do see her reasons but I wouldn't let something like that affect my decisions because I'm very old fashioned too so if someone I loved asked me to marry them (and I knew they loved me the same as I them) then I would agree

2. The intimacy level between Edward and Bella really jumps up a notch here. How did you feel about that? How do you feel about their decision to try to make love while Bella was still human?
~I think Bellas attempts at sex were so funny. I don't really know how I feel about them wanting to while she's still human though, I never thought it was good or wrong. I'm neutral. =) lol

3. Again the question arises about Edward having a soul. What do you think about this subject? Do vampires have souls?
~I think it depends on how they act.
ImageImage
both made by... me! =) <3
likeameteor
Settled in Forks

Post by likeameteor »

Compromise has to be one of my favourite chapters in the saga.

Yes, I can see why Bella is afraid to marry him. She's afraid of Renee's reaction. Personally I wouldn't marry that young, but it seems like a small commitment compared to giving up your mortality.
That was kind of where I realised that Edward would do anything for Bella. Even something that could potentially put her in huge danger. And I agree with whoever said they can't get enough of Edward in sexy mode..! :mrgreen:
I don't believe it's possible to loose your soul. And yes, I think vampires do have them, and I have no doubt in the Cullens having them.
Edward Cullen - giving girls unrealistic expectations of guys since 1901.
jovialmadness
Settled in Forks

Post by jovialmadness »

Yes, yes and yes. I can relate very well to her because I always held that belief myself at that age. I never considered marriage at that age, but I wasn't in the right place anyway. I tend to agree with Renee's point, though I've never been married but finally feel ready, so I completely understand Bella's internal dilemna over the whole thing.

I don't have any problems with intimiacy in books, so it didn't bother me at all. I think it stays very true to how Bella would react in that situation because physical yearnings are inevitable when you're with someon you're very attracted to, whether you're in love or not. It's just human nature. I thought it was a good idea to try while she was still human, though I still can't wrap around the mechanics of it...but I tend to overthink everything.

I think the subject of souls is subjective. Who's to say who does or doesn't have one? Who's to say they exist anyway? Everything is a human construct, so there's no way to know what is true and false, except what you think is true or not true in your own mind. Sorry...I got all post-modernist! I think vampires have just as good a chance as any of us as having a soul.
mistytwilight85
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by mistytwilight85 »

I can see why she is afraid, but I don't get why she cares. No it wouldn't affect my decision to get married at a young age. I'd kind of be afraid of my dad lol. but I wouldn't care what people would think about me. I don't have to comform to what people expect of me. I do what I think is right, and I live with my choice.

Well, I kind of expected it to jump up a notch. I mean he wants to marry her, of course it will get more intimate. I loved it. I think Edward is a hopeless romantic lol. Who wouldn't want an Edward? I didn't really have an opinion about the whole sex thing. I knew if they were gonna "do it" that Edward would be able to control himself. He hasn't come this far to kill her accidentaly now lol.

I would say they do. I mean, if someone was turned into a vampire against their will, and they are trying to do the best they can and are trying to live a good life, then I think that is good enough.
Twilove
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilove »

1. Can you see why Bella is afraid to marry Edward? Is it something that would affect your decision to get married at a young age?Not really i'll never understand why she was so discusted by the thought of marrying him even thought i dont really want to get married too young but when you have somebody with such an absolute love how can you not want to marry them

2. The intimacy level between Edward and Bella really jumps up a notch here. How did you feel about that? How do you feel about their decision to try to make love while Bella was still human? I was mad at Edward when he said no but than again i understood why he was worried he is really strong but i was all for it it was about time they discussed taking there relationship to the next level

3. Again the question arises about Edward having a soul. What do you think about this subject? Do vampires have souls?I really don't know they could because the Cullen's are compassionette and care for others so maybe? but then the ones who drink from humans maybe not
KaylaMarieBlack7
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by KaylaMarieBlack7 »

Yes I can see where she is afraid to marry him. Kind of. When your younger your feelings are a lot stronger than when your older.

I was happy. I know that its something that Bella really wants. And I know that Edward wants it too. I think that the idea to try to make love while she is still human is reasonable. She trusts that Edward wont hurt her.

Im not sure what I think about this. I think that it could be possible for them to have souls.
I ♥ Jacob Black.
Ever since New Moon. =]
MelDSilvers
Settled in Forks

Post by MelDSilvers »

Yeah, she's totally freaked out. I think it's because of what she lived through her parent's relationship: the divorce, Renee telling her not to marry so young, etc. I've heard that Bella's desicion about getting married is a message for us girls to do the same. Personally I think that's totally WRONG and misunderstood. First, for getting married you have to be ABSOLUTELY sure that that man will love you no matter what, that has the same education, ethic and moral and lots of other stuff. I think that 18 is a very early stage to get married, but I don't think that because Bella married young we all girls can do the same...it's very inmature to think like that (it's my personal opinion).

Mm..well, there's always a little 'jump' with the physical theme in relationships. Usually couples get more involved with each other and form bonds by having more physical contact, so I thought it was kinda normal. I think Edward was right, he had to protect her and choose her good over any lust reaction.

I think vampires have soul. First I've always believe that is the soul who contains and expresses our feelings and emotions. Edward's love towards Bella is really strong and deep, so that's the first reason why I think they have souls. Secondly, vampires are just the last place of the food chain. As well as other animals are 'predated' by us humans, so are we predated by vampires.
~ Put your faith in what you most believe in ~
Loving Edward, adoring Jacob.

"Edward: He phaised in front of Charlie"
[...]
Jacob: You should've seen his face when I started taking my clothes off, though. Priceless" Breaking dawn.
Hearts in red ink.
Wandering Through Town

Post by Hearts in red ink. »

I didn't get why she was afraid at first, I mean they were going to spend the rest of there lives/existence together what's the big deal?

Then I realized that she had her parents in mind. People don't get married right out of h.s. and I think most people think it's a bad idea, with it being a low success rate. I believe her fear of her parents reaction is what scared her.

It happens with any relationship.
I knew it's what they each wanted, I was getting frustrated with Edward. :lol:

It's possible.
tnwebdms1993
Settled in Forks

Post by tnwebdms1993 »

I can see why Bella is afraid to marry Edward, but I feel like if you really truly love the person and everything feels right. Also, I think she feels like she might regret doing it later on. It probably wouldn' affect my decision because if it was someone that I really loved and cared for, then I would go for it.

I loved that their intimacy towards each other escalated here. It really shows that they're able to feel comfortable around each other and that they are being serious and comitted to their relationship with each other. :D

I defienetly think Edward has a soul. Personally, if he didn't have a soul, he wouldn't had the respect or desire for Bella like he does.