Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Victoria

Post by mlola619 »

I really like how SM gave Victoria that aspect of always being on the edge. As if she's in control of herself but always on the edge of exploding...that's definitely an awesome aspect to a villain, and not an aspect i've really seen in alot of villains...it gives you that sense that at any moment they can snap and the story line or fight could explode at any moment. i think it gives that extra reason to fear them and even more-so gives them much more depth since you can tell they're having internal conflict, whether it be with their own conscience or them resisting the thirst...
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
-veiled-
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by -veiled- »

watson547 wrote:I like Victoria, other than the fact that she is a "bad guy". I think her character is really strong and fierce. She is an independent woman, which I like. She is one of my favorite characters.
Personally, she is such a hated character to me. However, I do see what you mean about her being strong and fierce. I guess that could be represented by her "fire-like" hair. And I didn't see it before, but I can also see how she can be independent. Still not my favorite character, but...I don't hate her as much as I once did.
Le-Petit-Mort
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Le-Petit-Mort »

I think Victoria is really cool. Personally, I don't blame her for going after Bella. I hurts to lose a loved one.
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

Victoria is the ultimate woman scorned. She is willing to go to any length to avenge her lost love, including creating an army of newborns that she surely knows is against the rules and could have her executed. I think it didn't matter to her if she died in the end as long as Bella went down first. She was sort of on a suicide mission at that point.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

Ah... Victoria.

Now, I'm not gonna lie, but Victoria scares the crap out of me. Really, whenever I see someone with fiery red hair I just get the chills.

But I totally get where she's coming from with the whole "kill Bella" thing. (Not saying I want Bella to die or anything!!!) But seriously, even though it's hard, imagine that James killed Edward and that Bella was turned into a vampire. Wouldn't you want Bella to hunt down Victoria and kill her? The whole mate for mate thing?

Love,
*Wanderer*
Last edited by *Wanderer* on Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
StarEmerson
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by StarEmerson »

I love Victoria's character.

It's true she is so scary, reading from Bella's perspective but also form others aswell I bet. She is always described as kinda jumpy and on edge, kinda a live wire! And there is also her gift of being able to escape quikly. I think she must be a great fighter, others would struggle against her, but Edward has his gift so he wouldnt/didnt!

I think she was so in love with James her mate, and thats why she had a coven with him. I think if she didnt have him she would have been a loner nomad. So when he died, I can see from her point of view why she was dead set on getting Bella. To make Edward feel her pain, get bloody revenge. I bet she was suffering so much, as we know after Breaking Dawn the affection and love vamps can feel for each other.

Imagine 50 or 60 years down the line, some other vamp kills Edward? Bella would do the exact same as her! Human or not? To get revenge? Victoria already killed humans so it was nothing to her? But thats a whole different topic that I am leading to so I will shut up now!

Star x
"Magic Keeps Us Alive"

bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

Ahh, that baby soprano voice!!

I wasn't spooked by her or anything until she spoke in Eclipse. It was like she was some immortal child, who would stop at nothing to get what she wanted.

I seriously felt her pain though, when Edward talked about James in the fight scene. And it wasn't even like her love had died in a courageous effort to defend his friends, way of life, lover, etc. like edward did when he fought. It was him that caused his own death in the first place, just for some 'fun' and a 'game'.

Poor Victoria. And whoever called her Vicky . . . that so doesn't fit!
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

bite_me wrote:Ahh, that baby soprano voice!!

I wasn't spooked by her or anything until she spoke in Eclipse. It was like she was some immortal child, who would stop at nothing to get what she wanted.

I seriously felt her pain though, when Edward talked about James in the fight scene. And it wasn't even like her love had died in a courageous effort to defend his friends, way of life, lover, etc. like edward did when he fought. It was him that caused his own death in the first place, just for some 'fun' and a 'game'.

Poor Victoria. And whoever called her Vicky . . . that so doesn't fit!
Yes! I completely agree!

Love,
*Wanderer*
jonsgirljen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by jonsgirljen »

I thought that Victoria was a very well written character. I loved how Stephenie Meyer showed how much James meant to Victoria. And I completely agree with all who said that if the same thing happened to Bella, she would want revenge for Edward just as much as Victoria. However, with that said, she kinda scared me because it wasn't like she was just out in the open taunting Bella or anything. No, she was in the shadows, following Bella and then we would catch glimpses of her red hair or something. That creeped me out, I have to admit.
edwardislove
Wandering Through Town

Post by edwardislove »

She's pretty dang awesome.
I imagine her to have that daredevil look and all.
And I dont blame her for going after Bella.
After all, James WAS her Edward.
E♥B

"Does she even like Italian?" (Rosalie)
"Her name's Bella. I'm sure she'll love it." (Emmett)