A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
KayleeRyerson
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 5 ~ Blood Type

Post by KayleeRyerson »

1. Do you personally relate to Bella feeling queasy around blood?
I used to think I did, but it was more queasiness at the fact that people I love were hurt, not so much the 'salty, rusty' smell of it.

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that there was blood around might endanger her?
No it didn't occur to me, call me foolish but I thought he was doing a good thing, not a dangerous thing.

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment?
Hmm, yes I guess I do. At this point she reminds me a little more of myself than previously.

4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters?
He's always hott as hell and charming, even if he's being mean.
What a stupid lamb. What a sick, masochistic lion.
Lauren Hale
Learning to Love Green

Post by Lauren Hale »

-Uh, i guess, i definently dont like blood and sometimes do become a bit light headed when i see large amounts of it :)

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her?
-Well, no i trusted edward from the very beginning, i never at once thought he would ever do anything to hurt bella.

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment?
-I certainly think bella is much mature intulectualy for her age, however i think that emotionally she does have a bit of growing up to do.
TheLastVampirechic
Settled in Forks

Post by TheLastVampirechic »

A little , only if its a lot of blood, and it is someone elses

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her?
Not at all, i had full confidence that she is completely safe

I agree completely, she had to learn at a young age how to take care of herself and Renee and Charlie when she saw him, and few teenagers have to go through that.

4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters?
I am glad that he seems happier about everything now and i belive he has finally found a way to handle all of his feelings.
"I dont want to die" he screamed. Sita leaned in and softly whispered in his ear "Then you should have never been born." -- The Last Vampire by Christopher Pike

ANNE RICE MAKES ME GAG!
lovely_and_4ever_17
Settled in Forks

Post by lovely_and_4ever_17 »

Nope

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that there was blood around might endanger her?
No I wasn't afraid for her I was like Yay Edwards here. Yeah.

I agree, she seems older.

He was nicer to Bella, trying to be closer to her.
lovinmesomejasper
Settled in Forks

Post by lovinmesomejasper »

Not me personally, but I did find it kind of ironic that the heroine in a vampire novel is terrified of the sight of blood and can smell it.

Not at all, the fact that he'd been in his car and knew something was wrong told me his motives were not to feed

Agreed, completely agreed. She's an old soul.

He's starting to take on the classic "rescuer" personality with a splash of the most amazing person ever!
KaylaMarieBlack7
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by KaylaMarieBlack7 »

Yes. But I wouldnt pass out from seeing blood or anything. I would just feel sick to my stomach.
I wasnt afraid for Bella. Edward seemed to know what he was doing.
Yeah I would agree. She actually seems a lot more mature then most people.
He seems to actually care about her. Which is what I liked.
I ♥ Jacob Black.
Ever since New Moon. =]
EllaMinnowPee
Settled in Forks

Post by EllaMinnowPee »

Alphie wrote:1. Do you personally relate to Bella feeling queasy around blood?

No, not at all. I don't like blood, but I don't get queasy around it. Especially a tiny finger prick.

No, I never felt fearful for Bella at that time. I felt she was protected and comforted.

I agree. Bella is more mature than other kids her age. She's been taking care of her own parents for a long time, which probably has a lot to do with it.

Edward has finally decided to pursue his feeling for Bella, to comfort and protect her.
Twilove
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilove »

1. Do you personally relate to Bella feeling queasy around blood?im not that bad but yes the sight and smell of blood makes me sick but i dont faint just feel a little sick

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her?absolutly no it was the cutest thing in the world when Edward came to the rescue and she needed it even more i mean she was with Mike lol

agree she never thought like a 17 year old

well for one he was actualy talking to her more but still being extremly annoying about how she should stay away from him
Galinda
Settled in Forks

Post by Galinda »

Well, I've never been around much blood... But I didn't have a problem when my doctor took some of my blood to have it checked, so I guess I'm not that delicate.

I didn't even think of that at that moment :lol:

She seems to be much more mature than most of the people at her age but I don't think it means that she wouldn't fit in the class where she is.

I liked it because he was much more open. I had the feeling that he had decided something for himself. How to deal with Bella and the problem he had.
The key to being beautiful is to hang around with really ugly people.
ObsessedwithTwilight
Settled in Forks

Post by ObsessedwithTwilight »

Not really. I hate the sight of a lot of blood though. Whether its me or some one else I can't stand a lot of blood.

Nope not at all.

I agree. Like him she was advanced for her class.

Edward starts to take a care of Bella more and they really start to get closer in this chapter.