Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
bella_love3
Learning to Love Green

Re: Special Effects

Post by bella_love3 »

What is the movie guide about?

A while ago i read Stephenie Meyer's website and she mentioned on it that there is no possible way to show Renessmee because she matures so quick and she doesn't want to do a CGI of her either. Is there any alternatives?

I was thinking maybe shoot the movie in a five year time period and that way they can stay with the same actress shooting scenes periodaclly but that seems a little too much. Any ideas?
MagicWings
Wandering Through Town

Post by MagicWings »

bella_love3 wrote:What is the movie guide about?

A while ago i read Stephenie Meyer's website and she mentioned on it that there is no possible way to show Renessmee because she matures so quick and she doesn't want to do a CGI of her either. Is there any alternatives?

I was thinking maybe shoot the movie in a five year time period and that way they can stay with the same actress shooting scenes periodaclly but that seems a little too much. Any ideas?
Honestly, I'm willing to bet they're just going to gloss over the specifics about Renesmee's eyes being focused and not specifically bring any numbers up as far as how much shes growing. The eyes was an internal thought by Bella, which from whats been said, most of that is omitted from the movie, anyways. I think it's likely that they'll use a small toddler as newborn Renesmee in order to get the teeth and hair... and she ages so fast, it wouldn't be all that out of line to have a 3-6 year old playing her from the moment Bella first sees her (as a vampire), anyways. They also might do "movie magic" and not show the childs entire body until later on, to give the effect that she has grown. They'll focus on close ups of her face, and/or for body shots, show her in the arms of bigger actors, or sitting on the ground while the others stand. All this will make her appear smaller. Then later on, in Kristens (Bella) arms, and with more close ups, she'll appear "bigger" even though she really isn't.

The only things that will need CG are the things that would need CG no matter what age... when she jumps into the air, bends spoons, and hunts (though I doubt they'll show that, really). Maybe a little bit to enhance things, but I don't think it's as big a deal as some make it seem. Movies can gloss over specifics very easily. They don't need to mention her height, or how quickly shes growing. They just need the actors to ACT like shes grown and you'll believe it.
Anime, manga, and gamer fans wanted:
http://imagineroleplayforum.ultimarpg.net/portal.htm
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

Yeah... I bet they will have a baby for right after when she is born, but then by the time Bella wakes up, it'll just be a toddler that they'll use instead. It's easy to explain away "she grows quickly" to a movie audience.
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

i think it might be easy to get children who look a like. it would take a lot of time, but they have a while before they even consider a Breaking Dawn movie. For example on Sex and The City when Miranda has Brady they had several different children playing the role and they all looked similar. I dont think it would be that hard.
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
edsbestfriend
Settled in Forks

Post by edsbestfriend »

I agree you can do anything nowadays with camera agles to alter someones height biut i still think that there will have to be a considerable ammount of animation for Renesmee to look real...from what ive seen of Twilight that shouldnt be a problem...
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

Well, for one you can't improve Robert Pattison. But at least the flying and jumping stuff was done with cords and not animation, but I just can't picture Edward crawling up a tree. . . .
Every cast member is perfect for they're role. They all seem to have that grace that's needed.
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

There's one shot of them while they're flying that drives me freaking insane... it looks dumb. But that's the only special effects thing I've hated so far. :)
E<3B
jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by jlbower79 »

^ i know exactly what you're talking about! You seen that behind scenes part when they did that superman flying and how ROB totally burst out laughing as soon as the camera leaves his face!

I almost dead laughing because I totally dont know why HE was laughing but I knew why i was... SUPERMAN! weeee!

*licks her banner*
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

AHAHAHAHA I saw that behind the scenes one too and Rob just couldn't keep it together. Too funny.
E<3B
jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by jlbower79 »

now when i watch it on the big screen im so going to be remembering that... ugh! But then again I was going to be laughing at all the crappy flying anyways (still going to be wonderful! Crap can be great)

Woot WOot!

*licks your banner*
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*