True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Re: True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Post by G-Faerie08 »

ashleygill03 wrote:I kind of hope they drag it out as long as possible. I love the show. I love Charlainne Harris. I love her "Grave" series as well.

I know! My friend got me in to the "Grave" series. Have you read the latest one? I saw reviews on like Amazon saying it was the best of the 3, and of course I was skeptical..But after reading it I totally agree. An Ice Cold Grave is definitely the best so far.
Michiyuki
Wandering Through Town
Location: Out on Patrol along the border of La Push with Jake playing tag...

Post by Michiyuki »

Both my mother and I adore this series, we wach it every sunday, just the two of us! I love this show, desppite its a bit evealing and everything, it's the best!
Not gonna ever own what's mine, When you’re always taking sides?
But you won’t take away my pride, No not this time, not this time

Team Jake
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

I thought this topic could use a little bump back on the boards.

So has anyone been keeping up with the show? I've finished reading the first book in the series so I know who the killer is and all that. I was debating on whether or not I wanted to read the rest in the series and then decided that I had too because I HAVE to know what is going on. My friend was telling me little tidbits and got me all interested in it..

Yeah..So my only problem with the show is that there is WAY too much risque content. Yeah it is about vampires and they are sensual and stuff, but it doesn't need to be so sex-ed up...or rather there doesn't need to be so much nudity in it. I don't need to see Jason getting it on every 10 seconds..

I heart Sam..I just wanted to throw that in. In the beginning I was like, "Sam is a loser.." But I have grown to love him oh so much..and I will always love Lafayette. He is so funny!!
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

i have been keeping up with the show- but i am like an episode behind or something.

I pretty much have something i like about all the characters... but i love love love Bill.
but in a strange way i love Sam also- he reminds me of some of the guys i hang out with now- the belt buckle- and the country shirts- and his southern draw he has(which his is the only one that even sounds real- even though Anna is southern i think hahah stupid me- she is from canada.. ) I really love the show though! i do! i love it
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
pubesy
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by pubesy »

everyone in the show is so cliched!
Team Switzerland - Thanks for the sig Alysha
adultes lexiconum recipientes nuntiis singulis
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

I just recently started watching the show, so I'm don't know the names of all the characters besides Sookie. Sometimes things that are in the show makes even me blush and that's very hard to do.

Now the books come highly recommended in the Gutter so maybe this may be the next series in line.

There is still alot of the show that I'm trying to understand but it seems that if you miss one or two episodes that you can be lost. Am I correct in that?
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
Loren Rose
Settled in Forks

Post by Loren Rose »

I want to see this series so badly. I've been a long time reader of the books. I don't get HBO =[
Loren Rose
Settled in Forks

Post by Loren Rose »

G-Faerie08 wrote:I thought this topic could use a little bump back on the boards.

So has anyone been keeping up with the show? I've finished reading the first book in the series so I know who the killer is and all that. I was debating on whether or not I wanted to read the rest in the series and then decided that I had too because I HAVE to know what is going on. My friend was telling me little tidbits and got me all interested in it..

Yeah..So my only problem with the show is that there is WAY too much risque content. Yeah it is about vampires and they are sensual and stuff, but it doesn't need to be so sex-ed up...or rather there doesn't need to be so much nudity in it. I don't need to see Jason getting it on every 10 seconds..

I heart Sam..I just wanted to throw that in. In the beginning I was like, "Sam is a loser.." But I have grown to love him oh so much..and I will always love Lafayette. He is so funny!!
oh i forgot to add i meant to quote this. These novels are adult novels. So There is going to be some sexual stuff in it.
vampirelover7
Settled in Forks

Post by vampirelover7 »

i just bought the book and am reading it. i was excied to see this
eden1437
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Allendale for school/Chicago hometown/Forks in my mind

Post by eden1437 »

My friend recommended this show to me when we were on tday break, and I watched it b/c im into vamp stuff now thanks to sm, and the only thing I wish I'd changed is that I watched the ENTIRE season with my gma and there's so much sex....omg. It was the most awkward moment of my entire life. I mean although I'm 21, it felt so wrong. Jason gets it on like every five secs, and in every episode!!!

I want to read the books but I'm a little skeptical that I might not enjoy the show as much if they aren't similar. I don't want to sit there and analyze everything I believe they did wrong, so if someone could give me their honest comparison between the show and the book I'd greatly appreciate it...

I don't want to say too much for those who haven't seen the show, but I'm dying to really discuss it discuss it....Who's everyone's favorite character so far? I love Eric, the "sheriff" because he is soooo sarcastic and I think that's hot. Lol. I also am in love with Rene's accent...omg, can we say HOTT?! Lol.
"...And so the Lion Fell in love with the lamb"