Twilight Saga Q&A

threethings
Phase Control Expert

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A

Post by threethings »

Edward_Addict wrote:Thanks for answering my questions :) but I think you guys might be misunderstanding what I meant with #1...
I understand why Victoria goes after Bella, but I don't understand why during the series Bella refers to Edward as the one who killed James, when Edward told her in the hospital at the end of Twilight that Emmett and Jasper are the ones who "took care of him." Anytime James is brought up later, there is never any reference (even in Bella's thoughts) that Emmett and Jasper are the ones who killed James, NOT Edward. I just found that a little inconsistent.
Maybe E & J "took care of him" but Edward "killed him".
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by edward4ever »

Edward_Addict wrote:Thanks for answering my questions :) but I think you guys might be misunderstanding what I meant with #1...
I understand why Victoria goes after Bella, but I don't understand why during the series Bella refers to Edward as the one who killed James, when Edward told her in the hospital at the end of Twilight that Emmett and Jasper are the ones who "took care of him." Anytime James is brought up later, there is never any reference (even in Bella's thoughts) that Emmett and Jasper are the ones who killed James, NOT Edward. I just found that a little inconsistent.
Oh! You're right! I did misunderstand your question! And you're right, also, that Emmett and Jasper killed him as you referenced.
TW pg 461: Edward says... "'After I pulled him off you, Emmett and Jasper took care of him.'"

Interesting. Can you find the parts in the later books where Bella mentions that Edward did the killing??
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

Esme echo wrote:
Edward_Addict wrote:Well obviously SM hinted at health problems for Harry so that he'd (sadly) eventually die and there would be some kind of funeral for Charlie to be at when Edward calls, hence the misunderstanding about Bella's death and Bella and Edward's eventual reunion in Italy. SM sure is diabolical, isn't she? :D
And as far as people saying Seth and Leah's werewolf-ness led to Harry's heart attack, that's not true at all. Seth and Leah didn't become werewolves until Eclipse, remember? In New Moon the only werewolves are Sam, Paul, Jared, Embry, and Jacob. Seth and Leah didn't change until AFTER Harry was already dead.
Sorry to disagree, Edward_Addict, but Stephenie unequivocally stated in her Q&A that Leah and Seth's transformation precipitated Harry's heart attack. We don't learn about Leah and Seth becoming werewolves until Eclipse, but it actually happened in New Moon, which is why Jacob was cagey with Bella about news in the pack when she skipped school to spend the day in La Push. (I think that was the time; don't have time to search right now.)
Interesting. She didn't mention this on any of her website FAQs and I didn't see anything about it in the Lexicon's Personal Correspondence. If you can find a link, please post it because I would love to read where she says this.
Image Image
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

threethings wrote: Maybe E & J "took care of him" but Edward "killed him".
As I stated in my original question and as edward4ever also noted, here is the exact passage from Twilight, pg. 461 in the hospital:
[Bella]: "What happened to James?"
[Edward]: "After I pulled him off you, Emmett and Jasper took care of him." There was a fierce note of regret in his voice.
I'm pretty sure Edward is using "took care of" as a euphemism for "kill"
edward4ever wrote: Oh! You're right! I did misunderstand your question! And you're right, also, that Emmett and Jasper killed him as you referenced.
TW pg 461: Edward says... "'After I pulled him off you, Emmett and Jasper took care of him.'"

Interesting. Can you find the parts in the later books where Bella mentions that Edward did the killing??
I don't remember the exact page numbers right now but I do know that Edward is always alluded to as James' killer whenever it's brought up. Strange though, right? :?
Image Image
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by edward4ever »

Edward_Addict wrote:
threethings wrote: Maybe E & J "took care of him" but Edward "killed him".
As I stated in my original question and as edward4ever also noted, here is the exact passage from Twilight, pg. 461 in the hospital:
[Bella]: "What happened to James?"
[Edward]: "After I pulled him off you, Emmett and Jasper took care of him." There was a fierce note of regret in his voice.
I'm pretty sure Edward is using "took care of" as a euphemism for "kill"
Yes, and the fact that Edward had "....a fierce note of regret in his voice." tells you right there that he didn't "get to" kill him. That is something that he would have wanted to do!

I'll see if I can find the passages where Bella talks of Edward killing him.
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
ChristinasHeadache
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ChristinasHeadache »

The only one I can think of right off hand was in New Moon... I have the original paperback version, Chapter 13: Killer bottom of page 314... Bella and Jacob are on the beach talking, this is the morning after he snuck in her bedroom and she remembered the wolf stories...

His eyes flipped wide, then narrowed into slits. "Why?" he demanded.
"Edward killed James," I whispered.
eliselovesedwardx is my TwiTwin!
E<3B Team Edward, Knight in Shiny Volvo!
WreckingBall Operator in EDC Inc.~Lets break down some houses!~
Jr Staff Supervisor in Wingtear's Non-Veggie Vamp Cafe
Elisa the Spanker in Twilight Mafia

threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

ChristinasHeadache wrote:The only one I can think of right off hand was in New Moon... I have the original paperback version, Chapter 13: Killer bottom of page 314... Bella and Jacob are on the beach talking, this is the morning after he snuck in her bedroom and she remembered the wolf stories...

This must have been a mistake by SM?
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
Esme echo
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Esme echo »

Edward_Addict wrote:Interesting. She didn't mention this on any of her website FAQs and I didn't see anything about it in the Lexicon's Personal Correspondence. If you can find a link, please post it because I would love to read where she says this.
All the information on the Character Bios is from Stephenie. It appears that the Q&A referenced for the reason Harry had his heartattack was a casualty in the Lexicon hack/crash last summer.
"Where there is great love, there are always miracles."
esmecullen740
Settled in Forks

Post by esmecullen740 »

Who do you think is stupider? Edward or Bella?My friends and i have always been at agurment about this question. She thinks that Edward is stupid but i think that bella is more stupid.give me your oppinion
ChristinasHeadache
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ChristinasHeadache »

threethings wrote:
ChristinasHeadache wrote:The only one I can think of right off hand was in New Moon... I have the original paperback version, Chapter 13: Killer bottom of page 314... Bella and Jacob are on the beach talking, this is the morning after he snuck in her bedroom and she remembered the wolf stories...

This must have been a mistake by SM?
Not the first one I have found either.
eliselovesedwardx is my TwiTwin!
E<3B Team Edward, Knight in Shiny Volvo!
WreckingBall Operator in EDC Inc.~Lets break down some houses!~
Jr Staff Supervisor in Wingtear's Non-Veggie Vamp Cafe
Elisa the Spanker in Twilight Mafia